When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

So I abandoned my Utopia Point HB today. It was too locked inland by piers for my taste.  I was surrounded by at least 4 HB's with no visible owners. Does anyone have an idea why there are so many HB's sitting empty?

As others have answered as to the possible reasons why they might be empty, let me take that a step further and tell you why them being empty is a good thing.

As much as we would all love to see all the houses and house boats decorated and see our neighbours themselves actively out and about so we know without doubt the place is being "used" as opposed to just claimed, the fact they're not is doing you, and the rest of the region a big favour. Avatars usually bring a lot of lag with them with all their accessories, scripts, textures and attachments. When you have too many in one place you will start to experience lag, generally speaking. The same can be said for objects (again, generally speaking). The more there is to look at, the harder your computer has to work to show or render them all.

Fun fact: Something not a lot of people know (and I myself didn't until earlier this year) is that larger textures are notorious for creating lag. I tested this theory by placing three 1024 textures together in a room. They started to blur or throttle within minutes. After replacing these same textures for 512 (half the size) and they don't blur anymore. But you would be surprised to find just how many objects there are with large textures, even on the smallest of objects. There are other factors especially using un-optimized or high poly mesh that also creates lag, but people don't seem to know or care about that either.

TL:DR: Basically the more there is to see there are the more lag you'll feel and the harder it would be to move around in Bellisseria if every house had a lot of "stuff" in it.

Maybe you knew all this, and could probably educate me on the finer aspects of it, and I'm sure there are experts here that will correct or explain further, but maybe this might help others who were wondering the same thing. Because I was one of those people wondering why houses were empty around me when the first houses were released. Now I know better. :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

So I abandoned my Utopia Point HB today. It was too locked inland by piers for my taste.  I was surrounded by at least 4 HB's with no visible owners. Does anyone have an idea why there are so many HB's sitting empty?

They also might play the "catch and release game" like I do hoping for the final perfect location and not find it worthwhile to decorate a home they will probably abandon again in the near future.

I do not do this though. Either I abandon right away in the first hour or so or I settle down and furnish the place and the garden at least to an extend. For one thing not to make this "unlived in" impression in the neighbourhood. Another reason is that you can only REALLY judge whether or not you like a new location better than the one you allready have when you have worked with it, tested it's possibilities.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

And just to beat a dead horse, (possibly) they might be empty- but so long as they're not on an unreleased region, they are claimed.  There aren't any unclaimed dormant units sitting around in Bellisseria.  

• Like 4

And if you are curious who claimed them just click on the land and look in "about land"

And if you are VERY curious you might send them an IM or notecard and ask them why they didn't furnish yet
.... but do not cry if you get no answer ... or a rude answer to mind your own business ... ;)

After today's mad rush of clicking, if anyone wants to join the Belli Home Hoppers group, just 'like' this message or send me a message in-world.

Just did a quick look-round in the likely regions and saw no sign of Lindens or Moles on the maps. (They can't hide their presence, can they?)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alumna Cornell said:

After today's mad rush of clicking, if anyone wants to join the Belli Home Hoppers group, just 'like' this message or send me a message in-world.

Just did a quick look-round in the likely regions and saw no sign of Lindens or Moles on the maps. (They can't hide their presence, can they?)

It's still a little early for them.  Might be another 1.5 hours before you start seeing them pop up.

15 hours ago, Vana Gears said:

If a house or HB looks like that are sitting empty, could be the occupants are in the sky. I know I am not going to furnish my house, I live in my skybox. I put some things around the yard so it does not look completely abandoned but that’s it, I live at over 3000m. And standing on the top of my skybox and extending my draw distance, wow, lots of skyboxes all over the place.

It looks like Belli is a skybox community.

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

I do believe they can, yes. At least, I think the Lindens can... not certain about the Moles. 

I was wondering, because I've seen green dots on the full grid map but haven't seen anyone when teleporting to a spot very close by, and no dots show up on the local map.

• Like 1

Just now, tootsiepop1 said:

Always happens on release day, bad thing is sometimes you don't know if it is a release or just a bunch of abandons.

I usually do see a lot of abandons on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays as most people are still of the opinion (in group) that these are the days releases are most likely to happen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1277 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.