New premium Linden homes fraud...?

cleve Byron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

49 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

Yikes! 

Please drop me a slurl for your parcel, either by a private message here or an offline IM in world, and I'll check it out as soon as I can!

Curious how this turns out.  Best I can tell, that is the setup of all of the 32x32 houseboat parcels. 

Given where the door is on the Windlass, that one couldn't be rotated 180 anyway, only 90 degrees.

• Moles
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Curious how this turns out.  Best I can tell, that is the setup of all of the 32x32 houseboat parcels. 

Given where the door is on the Windlass, that one couldn't be rotated 180 anyway, only 90 degrees.

Whatever it is, and I can hazard a couple of guesses (no more),  it's clearly not a usual issue otherwise we'd presumably have heard before. 

There's been no update recently that could have caused this, so I surmise that it's caused by some combination of circumstances that doesn't often occur.    That narrows the field a lot, which will make any eventual fixes and workarounds somewhat easier.   

It's certainly now on the LDPW radar and my urgent to-do list.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Technically, you could turn a Windlass 90 degrees (they're ca. 26m long), so the 'bedroom' window faces outward. But it would be hard to do anything useful with the dock area then, on a 32m x 32m plot. And they're not going to turn the 64m x 16m parcels sideways, I think, as that would 'eat up' too much coastline.

The Wallover, I've seen it with the stairs facing the sea. Odd, if you planned on entering via the drydocks, but they probably figured you were going to arrive per boat: in which case disembarking  sea-side makes sense again.

Still, maybe 'boat orientation' might be an option for the 2.2 version of the boats?

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

The Wallover, I've seen it with the stairs facing the sea. Odd, if you planned on entering via the drydocks, but they probably figured you were going to arrive per boat: in which case disembarking  sea-side makes sense again.

The Wallower has 2 doors, one beside the stairs, which are facing the sea in every 32x32 orientation that I've seen, and another set at the back end of the boat, which does allow for direct dock access.  The problem with the current orientation is that most of the windows are towards the front of the boat and the front left side (when standing in the boat looking towards the front) - the opposite corner from the 2 doors.  Thus the majority of your view is of your neighbors.

This is the orientation on the 32x32 plots - one door has dock access:
640109509_Wallowerview.thumb.JPG.436b8bf0aeeece135c7ab4e7d7ecc884.JPG

Yet since the windows are primarily on the opposite corner, the view is basically what my camera is seeing. This holds true for every 32x32 houseboat plot that I've seen.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The Wallower has 2 doors, one beside the stairs, which are facing the sea in every 32x32 orientation that I've seen, and another set at the back end of the boat, which does allow for direct dock access.  The problem with the current orientation is that most of the windows are towards the front of the boat and the front left side (when standing in the boat looking towards the front) - the opposite corner from the 2 doors.  Thus the majority of your view is of your neighbors.

This is the orientation on the 32x32 plots - one door has dock access:
640109509_Wallowerview.thumb.JPG.436b8bf0aeeece135c7ab4e7d7ecc884.JPG

Yet since the windows are primarily on the opposite corner, the view is basically what my camera is seeing.

Oops, totally forgot it actually has 2 doors. 😅 Still, yeah, you'd probably want the main windows facing outward.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

With teddy bears

:ph34r:

nuuuuu!

teddy bears are not kinky !!! Annnd if you ever do see what might look like a teddy bear getting kinky then is not a real teddy bear ok. Is a gnome in a suit. Or a elf 😸 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

nuuuuu!

teddy bears are not kinky !!! Annnd if you ever do see what might look like a teddy bear getting kinky then is not a real teddy bear ok. Is a gnome in a suit. Or a elf 😸 

It's not the teddy bears that are kinky. Like Soylent Green, it's people! 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

It's not the teddy bears that are kinky. Like Soylent Green, it's people! 🤪

i know !! buuuuttt !!

that's what them gnomes want us to think. That is somehow our fault that they make us get all kinky, and then try blame it all on the teddy bears

they are ebil them gnomes. Like sit round all day pretending to be fishing and stuff, while they are thinking their ebil thoughts and projecting them at us. Gnomes can even defeat tinfoil... or so I heard. Apparently gold foil works to block them tho, but I only ever heard that from a elf. So may be a even more ebil elfy plot to get me to walk round with a goldfoil hat on head. Which might not even work anyways, even if it may be quite style-y 😸

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The problem with the current orientation is that most of the windows are towards the front of the boat and the front left side (when standing in the boat looking towards the front) - the opposite corner from the 2 doors.  Thus the majority of your view is of your neighbors.

Totally agree, my one big gripe about the 32x32 plots.

I started another thread about this so as not to derail this one:

Hoping LL will consider it...:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mollymews said:

nuuuuu!

I've got a teddy bare...

annnnnd you could see him from outside! I've locked him away a bit quick; can't have people throwing kinky accusations at him!

• Haha 4

This is getting utterly ridiculous Linden Labs. I feel like a little child that payed monies (and yes the second $$ to lock my lower premium in) and yet I am still in a retro home - someone has not delivered what they promised and "soon" is not in the category any longer.

I am not VIP Premium I am just hanging on your puppet string that you dangle nice promises on and lie never giving what you promised.

"SOON" IS BS!? I am a very disappointed HONORABLE, ADVANCED Linden Lab Second Life resident. I NEVER in my wildest dreams since my account became active in 2012 thought that the cool Second Life I enjoyed immensely would do this to your faithful supporters. I had only good things to say about you to the other virtual community I left. But the longer you drag this on the worst the most of us feel.

I am a prominent Bellisseria group and just watch to see them all happy and contented.

Build on moles. Give us NO UPDATES. Leave us IN THE DARK. Enough said and if my words are a nuclear bomb again then let them blow something the f__ up!?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

Build on moles. Give us NO UPDATES. Leave us IN THE DARK.

The moles are building on, and in the light. If you look at the last few pages of the "SSP" thread you can see pictures taken by residents of areas currently under construction, and you can even pop out there to watch in person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

The moles are building on, and in the light. If you look at the last few pages of the "SSP" thread you can see pictures taken by residents of areas currently under construction, and you can even pop out there to watch in person. 

BUT HOW WILL WE BE NOTIFIED AND WHEN WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE = THE POINT!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

BUT HOW WILL WE BE NOTIFIED AND WHEN WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE = THE POINT!

As said  -- working on a couple of hundred times now in these forums -- you will NOT be notified unless you sign up to follow the Linden Homes Update post by Patch (and then if you can get it to work -- I cannot).   NO ONE (not even Patch I suspect) knows when the homes will be released. They likely have a target date, but that really means very little. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

As said  -- working on a couple of hundred times now in these forums -- you will NOT be notified unless you sign up to follow the Linden Homes Update post by Patch (and then if you can get it to work -- I cannot).   NO ONE (not even Patch I suspect) knows when the homes will be released. They likely have a target date, but that really means very little. 

Well I wasted my bomb then...heh. It popped and thudded.

Be at ease all us dogs...no hope here....

Edited by Adumelial Rothstein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.