New premium Linden homes fraud...?

cleve Byron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yeah, there are new homes and a new region. I've checked it out, seen the houseboats and the homes on land. A number of these appear to be unoccupied, the empties all seem to be owned by someone named "Dyna Mole" and yet when I click on the "Get your new home now" link, the old, very tired, laggy homes in regions that have been around for a decade are all that I'm offered.

These new premium homes being offered seem to be only some to be some sort of bait to keep me paying for a premium membership, dangled just tantalizingly beyond reach but never actually available. The smell of rotting fish here is pretty undeniable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 4

The new homes you are seeing with Mole ownership aren't ready to be available for premium members, @Dyna Mole and any other Mole name you see tied to objects on Bellisseria are people who work for LL and have been building all the homes landscaping and community areas on the Bellisseria continent and they are actively creating more property and homes which is what you've come across 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You must click on the land, to see who owns the homes. It is allowed with skyboxes here, so empty looking houses can have a skybox over 2000 m up.

LL is building more now, new sims like New Hamsterdam (not a typo) looks finished, while others have the green bounding boxes around, so Garden Mole won't place trees too close.

New homes is annonced in this thread:

raised deck_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The new homes you are seeing with Mole ownership aren't ready to be available for premium members...

And yet there they are, empty and appear to be surrounded by homes that are occupied. So I'm extremely dubious of the "not ready" thing. "Not ready" or "not yet available" would be understandable if they were in regions which don't yet have any occupants. If they're not ready or not available even though unclaimed, why are those houses right next door claimed and being used?

This seems extremely fishy to me, a dodge to keep premium members dangling with a bait and switch promise of new but unavailable premium content which merely cycles to the old, tired, outdated and undesirable premium content that's been available for a decade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cleve Byron said:

Yeah, there are new homes and a new region. I've checked it out, seen the houseboats and the homes on land. A number of these appear to be unoccupied, the empties all seem to be owned by someone named "Dyna Mole" and yet when I click on the "Get your new home now" link, the old, very tired, laggy homes in regions that have been around for a decade are all that I'm offered.

These new premium homes being offered seem to be only some to be some sort of bait to keep me paying for a premium membership, dangled just tantalizingly beyond reach but never actually available. The smell of rotting fish here is pretty undeniable.

Are you looking at the land options or are you checking the owner of the houses? The houses are all owned by a Mole because the homes are included with the land and doesn’t count on land Impact.  The land options will tell you if the land is owned by an individual person. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, cleve Byron said:

"Not ready" or "not yet available" would be understandable if they were in regions which don't yet have any occupants. If they're not ready or not available even though unclaimed, why are those houses right next door claimed and being used?

Go stand next to a house that's not ready and look at the name of the region then walk next door to where a house is claimed and being used. Again, look at the name of the region and you'll see it has a different name because they are NOT both in the same region. When the homes are ready they will be released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I feel the Lindens are building anticipation in releasing the new homes. I've read about these people having multiple homes in Bellessaria and I feel its very very selfish. I dont care if you pay for multiple premium accounts, how many homes can you live in? Its really ridiculous.. Dyna Mole is a person who works for the Lindens so those home don't actually belong to her they are those set out by the lindens and will be released. When is the question. Its frustrating having to wait for them. I urge those with multiple homes to please reconsider giving some of them up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rhianna Ragu said:

I feel its very very selfish. I dont care if you pay for multiple premium accounts, how many homes can you live in? Its really ridiculous..

for people with this opinion i don't care at all if they even don't get one in the next 25 batches.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, cleve Byron said:

And yet there they are, empty and appear to be surrounded by homes that are occupied. So I'm extremely dubious of the "not ready" thing. "Not ready" or "not yet available" would be understandable if they were in regions which don't yet have any occupants. If they're not ready or not available even though unclaimed, why are those houses right next door claimed and being used?

This seems extremely fishy to me, a dodge to keep premium members dangling with a bait and switch promise of new but unavailable premium content which merely cycles to the old, tired, outdated and undesirable premium content that's been available for a decade.

Cleve, you need to understand that this (Bellisseria) is an ENTIRE continent that has continued to be in build mode since it's conception. In other words, there are likely "a few thousand homes" that have already been claimed. I don't know the actual number of Bellie citizens of course, but there are a lot and they ARE active.

So that is why some areas are listed as "not ready" or "Coming Soon". All you have to do is open the map to see all of the green dots OR join some of the inworld groups to get all the latest info on all of the public homes, tours, activites, parties etc that happen on a daily basis. 

There have been two releases of homes/houseboats so far and there are more coming. There is no scam happening .. And the reason you are only seeing old homes on the webpage is because at the second you click, literally, that  is all that's available. But you could refresh 5 seconds later and see a listing for one of the new ones as people do abandon them.. usually a few per day it seems. In fact, that is how I landed by houseboat a few weeks ago. There was no "new" release whatsoever at the time, I just got lucky and clicked quickly enough. 

You will get a home, but you need to put in the effort to educating yourself about how this "system" works and the steps you can take to hopefully make it a bit easier in acquiring a home for yourself.  No one is ripping you off  as I said earlier in this post, but it is not LL's responsibility to make sure that you are on your game, reading the forums for updates and keeping an eye on the land page via sl's website. 

Good luck and hopefully you will land a new home soon! 

• Like 7

There ARE still some home that are "taken" that are still empty -- with no skybox above 2000 meters and no prims used on the lots. Possibly people just come there and change clothes and rez packages. I don't know.  And I don't know what houses the OP was referring to as the OP doesn't seem to understand the new continent and how it works. 

Here is a visual for the OP:

This is me standing in front of my Bellisseria home. Note that the house is OWNED by a Mole, not me. "I" only own the land, but the house is rezzed using the mailbox out front.  All houses, whether part of the first release and in obviously very occupied areas or whether in production and not available to the public yet, are OWNED BY A MOLE.   

image.thumb.png.7753ae89489bc6c717d416191c7dc6b4.png

Here is a house not far from mine that has never to my knowledge had any prims rezzed. There has also never been any traffic on the few times I have checked. The plot is still OWNED by someone but it definitely "appears" to be vacant. The HOUSE is also owned by a Mole. 

So two different issues. No solution for either :D.  Patience I guess would work. 

image.thumb.png.46d0760700ecd0b0fe09f2f43206bec1.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 7

• Moles
3 hours ago, cleve Byron said:

If you'd like to come to the area Marianne pointed toward you can watch us in the process of building new Linden Homes regions and see for yourself. (All we ask is that residents give us room to work unencumbered and without interruption).

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

😎

46 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

If you'd like to come to the area Marianne pointed toward you can watch us in the process of building new Linden Homes regions and see for yourself. (All we ask is that residents give us room to work unencumbered and without interruption).

someones-watching-construction-memes.jpg.ec3ab4317808071d4b7f394b9f59ab61.jpg

Edited by roseelvira
forgot
  • Haha 7

• Moles
4 hours ago, cleve Byron said:

The smell of rotting fish here is pretty undeniable.

Ah, well, that would be because I have been scripting new houses non-stop for a while and haven't had a chance to shower.  Sorry about that.  I'll try to stand downwind. 😵

Quartz and I are often the last people to handle a Linden Home before it is set into the home rezzer for a region, so it will have either his name or mine on it until the end of time.  The home will never show the name of the person who owns the parcel it's on, because LDPW doesn't sell the home with the parcel.  It stays the property of Linden Lab, so we absorb the Land Impact instead of you.

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 19

They are working diligently on the new homes, they are not committing fraud or trying to steal your money. They are also working on SLB16 and honestly it's really a nice surprise to see the progress they are making with their resources divided. You can always use your 1024 allotment on mainland in the meanwhile. There is some very inexpensive land out there if you don't care about water or road front

image.png.3bc53f2713f58024a443cbea25faa5a3.png

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, Dyna Mole said:

Ah, well, that would be because I have been scripting new houses non-stop for a while and haven't had a chance to shower.  Sorry about that.  I'll try to stand downwind. 😵

Quartz and I are often the last people to handle a Linden Home before it is set into the home rezzer for a region, so it will have either his name or mine on it until the end of time.  The home will never show the name of the person who owns the parcel it's on, because LDPW doesn't sell the home with the parcel.  It stays the property of Linden Lab, so we absorb the Land Impact instead of you.

Those buttons down there... Like, Thank, LOL, etc...  they REALLY need a "Hug" button added. Because you, Quartz, Abnor, Patch and all the other Moles and Lindens involved in this project deserve one. Or lots.

giphy.gif

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rhianna Ragu said:

I've read about these people having multiple homes in Bellessaria and I feel its very very selfish. I dont care if you pay for multiple premium accounts, how many homes can you live in? Its really ridiculous..

I don't think that your particular approach is going to convince anyone to do what you want. Insults are usually not the best strategy.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, Rhianna Ragu said:

<snip> I've read about these people having multiple homes in Bellessaria and I feel its very very selfish. I dont care if you pay for multiple premium accounts, how many homes can you live in? Its really ridiculous.. <snip>

Posts like this tempt me to go get Linden Homes for the rest of my Premium alts.

• Like 9
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Rhianna Ragu said:

I've read about these people having multiple homes in Bellessaria and I feel its very very selfish. I dont care if you pay for multiple premium accounts, how many homes can you live in? Its really ridiculous..

My 2 alts who have homes feel you are being very rude to them.

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.