I WANNA HOUSEBOAT!

Kiera Clutterbuck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

21 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

On the first release batch, it took me something like 11-12 houseboats before I got a location I was happy with.  During the second release, I went through 8 or 9 before I was happy.

Wow. I just grabbed the first one I was given (a traditional house, even though I wanted a houseboat) and I loved the location of the house so much I stuck with it. Right from the start I haven't dared re-roll because I know I can't get better.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Wow. I just grabbed the first one I was given (a traditional house, even though I wanted a houseboat) and I loved the location of the house so much I stuck with it. Right from the start I haven't dared re-roll because I know I can't get better.

On the first release, I abandoned 5, waited my 24 hours and looked at more, keeping the 4th from that round. Not ideal, if not for the Rule of 5 I'd have abandoned this one too because I hate the fence.  I bounced back and forth between Traditional and Houseboats.

Now we have another theme coming. Will I re-roll?  I doubt it. Maybe next year.

I envy your luck!  :D 

Edited by Gryphon Ronas
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Great.  So, I know that when I finally get lucky to get something, it will probably be some crappy one nobody wants.  I don't even care... I will take anything.  My guess is that none of them is awful.  Right? 

13 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Great.  So, I know that when I finally get lucky to get something, it will probably be some crappy one nobody wants.  I don't even care... I will take anything.  My guess is that none of them is awful.  Right? 

Personally I think every location is good for someone out there.  Not for everyone, but for someone.   I didn't get the greatest location for my houseboat I have people on each side, but I took the first one I got as I didn't want to chance not getting one.  When new ones comes out I will try re-rolling.  I got a 32x32 and would really rather have the other one.

Edited by karynmaria
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Well, I hate my fence. Others have commented on it and love it. And no, none are truly awful, just different tastes is all  :) 

• Like 3

After weeks and weeks of refreshing I finally landed on one. And I am just around the corner from one of the Pickles. So feeling pretty happy about my location. Have not done much with it yet. A rooftop add on and a deck from GOOSE that I modded the heck out of to shape it around the boat. That sacrificial chicken paid off after all. \o/

houseboat.png

• Like 12

6 hours ago, KrystalKandy said:

After weeks and weeks of refreshing I finally landed on one. And I am just around the corner from one of the Pickles. So feeling pretty happy about my location. Have not done much with it yet. A rooftop add on and a deck from GOOSE that I modded the heck out of to shape it around the boat. That sacrificial chicken paid off after all. \o/

houseboat.png

Hello neighbor! That's a nice spot too- good job!

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Been looking out hoping  new houseboat plots would get placed (since we've only seen the moles working on the traditional houses the past few days), and pleased to see they have started today...yay...

Patch did say that they would be doing a small release of both houses and houseboats while also working on their new theme area.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, karynmaria said:

Personally I think every location is good for someone out there.  Not for everyone, but for someone.   I didn't get the greatest location for my houseboat I have people on each side, but I took the first one I got as I didn't want to chance not getting one.  When new ones comes out I will try re-rolling.  I got a 32x32 and would really rather have the other one.

Wouldn't it be nice if they set up some sort of trading-spot system?! Where both person A and B could go to a page, both click 'Accept' on seeing each other's homes, and then the homes would be swapped. Would probably be too difficult to implement, though.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Wouldn't it be nice if they set up some sort of trading-spot system?! Where both person A and B could go to a page, both click 'Accept' on seeing each other's homes, and then the homes would be swapped. Would probably be too difficult to implement, though.

I can't see this ever happening because there would be no way to ensure that money was not trading hands.

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Why would money need to be involved? Just a web page swap homes between person A and B.

Location, location, location.  If someone has a nice prime spot, I could totally see some SL folks trying to get money for swapping it to someone else.  There are people that have SL homes just because it is a benefit, not necessarily because they care exactly where they live.

ETA: Heck, even I would consider paying someone money to get a more woodsy location than where I am.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, kiramanell said:

Why would money need to be involved? Just a web page swap homes between person A and B.

Unfortunately some very unsavory people would likely do this in a land swap...

Person A gets a house people would really want...

Person A says to Person B "for 5000 L you can trade your not-so-cool lot for my really well placed lot"

Person B pays Person A and swap is made

Person A then abandons the not-so-cool swapped lot and continues to roll the dice until they get another really good lot and does the scheme all over again with another person desperate for a well placed house

Unfortunately I think the best way is the current way its set up.  Somebody would find a way to abuse a home swapping feature for profit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, EnchantrixBrighton said:

Where is that, I couldn't find sspe106 but I found sspe104.

SSPE105 & SSPE106 & SSPE107 are not on the map yet, but you can get to them by going east from SSPE104

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.