A brief note on pricing changes, which ran long.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Grumpity Linden said:

We have approximately 90,000 basic members with 36 or more groups.  We have approximately 10,000 premium subscribers with 55 or more groups.  This is not a 1:1 change.  Does that help with the confusion? 

These are very interesting numbers!  I don't think I have ever seen actual numbers of RESIDENTS, only total active accounts (and a great many of those are alts, of course).  So, we are about 100,000 strong.

Or...oh wait...is that right?  You said "90,000 with 36 or more groups" and "10,000 with 55 or more groups".  Does that mean that there are others with fewer groups??  I'd really like to know how many MEMBERS we have, as opposed to the "1.2 million accounts" that I've seen quoted here and there, which (presumably) includes alts.

Anyway...I want to say kudos to LL and Grumpity for starting, and participating in, this thread.  You've taken a lot of those pitchfork hits, and I'm sure you knew that'd happen.  So, thanks.

...sends you a very large box of Band-aids.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Yorkie Bardeen said:

In thirteen years on several accounts I have never received either cake or bears!

Talk about Feted Inner Cake. 🎂😬

You have to ask a Linden for their bear these days. If they have one they will give you a copy. Some will be copy/mod some will be copy/no mod. They are all no trans though. At least the few I've acquired are. Some are very prim heavy as well but still nice to put on display once in a while when you have the LI available.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You have to ask a Linden for their bear these days. If they have one they will give you a copy. Some will be copy/mod some will be copy/no mod. They are all no trans though. At least the few I've acquired are. Some are very prim heavy as well but still nice to put on display once in a while when you have the LI available.

Does Patch’s bear have mouse ears?

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There was an island... last SL Birthday? Where you could 'buy' them for 0L each. A very few were no copy / trans, most were copy / no trans (and a mix of mod / no mod)

- I still have some out on assorted plots (and yeah, some of the older ones were *really* high LI)

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't know. I haven't asked for one... yet. Although I have the feeling it would look an awful lot like a mouse, ears and all.

Lucky for you someone posted a pic a while back.

28143062987_03f5c1da87_h.jpg.388e899094b 

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FreyasFashions said:

There was an island... last SL Birthday? Where you could 'buy' them for 0L each. A very few were no copy / trans, most were copy / no trans (and a mix of mod / no mod)

- I still have some out on assorted plots (and yeah, some of the older ones were *really* high LI)

I don't go to SLBDs so I wouldn't have known. The bears have always been free. And since that only happens once a year the only other option is to ask a Linden, which they do encourage us to do.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I don't go to SLBDs so I wouldn't have known. The bears have always been free. And since that only happens once a year the only other option is to ask a Linden, which they do encourage us to do.

It was an open sim, for about a month? :-)

I don't 'do' events

Just now, Malin Sabra said:

Topic has turned in to Cake and Bears.

🤔 🚆

The thread wants what the thread wants.

Threads go off topic from time to time and as long as they don't stay off topic for too long, it's not a problem. It usually will swing back to the original topic on its own but sometimes the Lindens have to step in and remind. It's just the "nature of the beast".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FreyasFashions said:

It was an open sim, for about a month? 🙂

I don't 'do' events

I don't do events either. lol

Doesn't the SLBD celebration last for a month? Or just a week? Bound to be more than just one day so that everyone who wants to go has the chance.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The thread wants what the thread wants.

Threads go off topic from time to time and as long as they don't stay off topic for too long, it's not a problem. It usually will swing back to the original topic on its own but sometimes the Lindens have to step in and remind. It's just the "nature of the beast".

Fitting quote? :P

fafd59067a891665d431b3a51e6305ab.png.e9913887810e80622d287ca4010486ab.png

34 minutes ago, Cain Maven said:

I'm in favor, as long as they get to keep their inventories. And one year may be on the short side, especially if you're repossessing their land. But those are details -- if this has the potential of improving performance for all of us, I say go for it.

If someone who appears inactive - hasn't logged on for a year or two or several - but owns land, then that account is still paying for the premium membership and potentially additional tier (depending on the how much land they own).  I don't think that should be considered inactive, and as they are paying for what they have, it seems like it would not be wise for LL to repossess the land. 

If by "potential of improving performance" you mean because they would be removed from groups, currently group owners have the ability to eject people from their group.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CHRISTEENIE said:

You are the specific type of person that makes these forums just absolutely miserable places to be. Best of luck to you from the high horse you sit upon.

Lawd have mercy, I was quoting YOU. If you don't like what YOU said, that is not MY problem.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZainS4 said:

As someone who only went premium to get in events faster, which still seems to take 84 years to get into, I've been thinking what else about premium really benefits me. 

See my blog post, https://acrossthegridwithlindal.blogspot.com/2018/01/premium-benefits-creep.html

It's slightly dated, and doesn't take into account the new Linden Homes or the proposed increase in groups...or the price increases.  But it's still a good list of the benefits.  If nothing there is of any value to you...then go Basic!

• Like 2

So for slow ones like me; My next billing date is 1.1.2020. When i also pay for another Year between the 3rd and 24th my new billing date will be 1.1.2021?

(confused since it always was only taked about Year 2020)

Also about Groups. I may be totally wrong and People may throw Stones @ me, but would it not help to delete all the Accounts that have be deleted? I mean ... once upon a Time i had created an Account and had left Sl for a Year. I was stupid and did not now i do not have to delete it when i take a break from SL. So i did deleted that Account but that Name is still not aviable. That should mean its still there right? If all those Account would be cleaned from the Servers, (those accounts may have also still all Groups that the People had joint) would that not take some of the burden that is now the Issue? Also Groupowners can see when the People where last online. So Groupowner can reject the People that were more than a year offline. It is not hard to make a Pic from the Names in the Group and save it on your PC for making an option for those who may return. (For Groups that have a Fee) Would that also not help to relief the burden on the Groups?

Sorry for misspellings.

Now sitting prepared on the Floor... you may throw Stones now.  ^^

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I once worked with a guy who had mouses ears.

At meetings I would zone out by watching the light shine pink through his ears.

I zone out very easily.......  :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gekischa Amaterasu said:

So i did deleted that Account but that Name is still not aviable. That should mean its still there right?

LL has given a grace period in which you can get your account back but if it's been longer than 90 days (I think it's a total of 90) then it is possible to get the account reopened but the inventory will be gone with the exception of the Library of course. If you just abandoned the account without requesting then the inventory may still be intact. May. It depends on long the account has been inactive. If it has been years then there is no guarantee inventory will be there. 

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000135218-inactive-or-canceled-accounts

3 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

We have approximately 90,000 basic members with 36 or more groups.  We have approximately 10,000 premium subscribers with 55 or more groups.  This is not a 1:1 change.  Does that help with the confusion?  

Let's not forget those thousands of so-called "Traffic bots" from around 2007 who were members in all sorts of groups. I am sure many of those zombie accounts still exist, and still use resources that could be used otherwise. So why not simply clear out all inactive accounts that haven't logged in for let's say 5 years? Would that be an idea?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.