A brief note on pricing changes, which ran long.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not a technical person, but with the groups causing problems for LL's backend, then we need to focus on that. There should be an alternative to groups, and we should start shifting to that alternative. It may be too labor heavy and cost heavy to fix the group issues, so plan b is needed. 

Also, a majority of the chat even in the large groups is nonsense, questions that were addressed already ( but people too lazy to find those answers), whining, off topic dribble, etc. 95% of my groups have chat turned off, notices off, it makes things less stressful and I can focus more. The only two groups that have chat on are my beloved Bellisseria groups. 

But, like I said, we probably need to start figuring out a way to replace the groups if it's too much of a monstrosity to fix. No amount of us complaining will make a magic wand fix things. 

If someone's roof is leaking, you wouldn't just yell about it and shake your fists at it. Asking for more patches only helps temporarily. There will come to a point where the old roof needs to be ripped off and trashed. A new roof will be needed. 

• Like 2

As someone who only went premium to get in events faster, which still seems to take 84 years to get into, I've been thinking what else about premium really benefits me.  

I think the new Linden homes and boats are cool and all, but that seriously needed updating like years ago.  I'm glad to have gotten one on this last round of releasing more boats, but I imagine how the people that weren't able to get one feel.. not once... but TWICE...especially after this news recently about changes to SL.  Doesn't exactly make people want to continue paying for premium when they aren't able to get the benefits offered to others.  I understand more are coming, but it's a slap in the face for a group to get them here, wait a month and let another group receive theirs while others are STILL watching this get rubbed in their face.  My point being, if I were one of the unfortunate ones that wanted a new home and didn't get the chance to get one, I'd probably cancel my membership.  Now you're raising prices which can only make more people want to go back to basic.

I couldn't care less about having 10 more groups added..  I'm sure others are happy for that, but as for me, I'm not even close to using the 60 allotted right now.  The only groups I am in are one's that I pay to join and receive discounts while shopping there.  I seem to find Facebook or Flickr more useful for promoting events and sales.  To me, this really doesn't seem like a perk or benefit that I'm concerned about.

Not being a sim owner, land owner, or anything of that nature, the "good news" $20 price different for land doesn't affect me at all.  Yes, thank you for lowering prices for others and allowing them to save a few dollars, but it's not a benefit for me.

To me the premium gifts offered are super outdated and not of any use to me.  I hadn't even remembered what was offered before except voice morphing, so I just went to check and saw 5 things listed.

Premium Gift Collection Spot 1 - Premium Winter Cabin
Premium Gift Collection Spot 2 - Premium Winter Cabin
Premium Gift Collection Spot 3 - Premium Winter Cabin
Premium Gift Collection Spot 4 - Premium Winter Cabin
Premium Perk - Voice Morphing

That is super disappointing to me.  I can easily go to any store on SL and pick up a free monthly gift that 1 person made by themselves, and be super happy with it... and it's FREE.
Wouldn't it be neat if wasn't almost June and had 4 locations of the same Winter Cabin?  I'd be more excited and not sitting here thinking how much it seems like premium is a waste of my money if the benefits were better or at least updated.  Big shout out to the creators who do take time out of their schedule to do fun gifts like this, it's appreciated!  This is almost what I would expect out of LL to do for premium members, small, fun, monthly trinkets or tools that make paying for premium worth it.  Seems like LL truly doesn't appreciate or care about it's customers at times. 

(Don't even get me started on how hard it is to contact any sort of employee with any issues.  If you call LL, you can only talk about billing issues or they'll tell you if you're a premium member you can use the live chat feature to resolve anything other than billing.  I made NUMEROUS reports about a sim I was on that has 4ge-pl4y photos hanging up.  Sim owner did nothing, LL still has yet to do anything and it's been well over a month and the picture is still present.... How about we fix that, yeah?)  Can we have some sort of tool to check the status of a ticket or issue instead of being left feeling like we're not important?

Again, I'm not a creator, designer, or sim owner and didn't want to bring that half of this news into this conversation.  This is just something I've been thinking about the past day and whether or not paying more money for premium would be of any good to me going forward.

Edited by ZainS4
couldn't type a-g-e-p-l-a-y
  • Like 1

I'm already a premium member and have no interest in the new 1024 homes released. But I really hope they plan to finish that island up and perhaps add more islands before they increase the prices or that will just be another jab in the heart to all the people wanting and waiting on a new Linden home. Plus seeing another half finished continent is very bleh.

• Like 2

I totally disagree with the new changes. Non-premium users are the majority, and premium users had their advantages, that seems to all correct, but non-premiums should not worsen our conditions. It is as if they told us from today we are going to reduce the oxygen that you breathe, and if not, make yourself a premium 😥
I hope you take into consideration our complaints and deis back, because second life we are all users, not just premiums. regards
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LeeeBlack said:

In one second, the Lindens forced all of their players to hate the Lindens.

You can speak for yourself and all of your buddies, but you do not speak for me, or for all of the residents of Second Life.

• Like 10

There are free open sims, many give free bento bodies

Almost all of them stolen/copybotted from Second Life. And don't tell me they're not; I work for one of those Second Life mesh creators, and I regularly receive reports and screenshots of content theft on OpenSim grids for the creator I work for.

All the clothes there are free

Again, many of them stolen. See above.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, ZainS4 said:

Premium Gift Collection Spot 1 - Premium Winter Cabin
Premium Gift Collection Spot 2 - Premium Winter Cabin
Premium Gift Collection Spot 3 - Premium Winter Cabin
Premium Gift Collection Spot 4 - Premium Winter Cabin
Premium Perk - Voice Morphing

disapointing perhaps but it's always been that only the last premium gift is in the kiosks, so yes all give the same
btw..think you don't have the worst location for your home :) [edit] boat!

Edited by Fox Wijaya

Linden Lab about have us all the way *****ed and its not cool! FOR THE RESIDENTS THAT DON'T HAVE PREMIUM THEY GONNA DROP THE AMOUNT OF GROUPS WE CAN HAVE DOWN TO 35. YET THEY SAY "We’re not lowering limits out of spite, groups really are quite a strain on our back end for a variety of painful historical reasons, including overloading group functionality instead of having other tools." YET THEY TAKING OUR GROUPS THEY CUTTING AND GIVING IT TO PREMIUM MEMEBERS THAT ALREADY HAVE 60+ GROUPS. THATS SOME BS! THEY TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE PREMIUM! NOW THEY ABOUT TO START ADDING MORE FEES WHEN YOU EXCHANGE $$ TO LINDENS. GRUMPITY LINDEN SAID "Fees to process credit are going up, effective June 24. L$ buy fees are not. Yes, this is another step in rebalancing the economy." I FEEL LIKE THEY *****ING ME IN THE BUTT! LIKE I'M NOT A PREMIUM RESIDENT BUT I DO PAY A LOT FOR LINDENS. NOW THEY PUTTING UP THE CREATORS EXCHANGE FEE UP TOO! NOW THEIR FEE GOING TO BE 5% BEFORE YOU KNOW IT ITS GONNA BE 10%. LETS BE FORREAL IF IT WASN'T FOR THE CREATORS I WON'T BE ON THIS *****. SO WHEN THEY START LEAVING IMMA BE OUT TOO. I REALLY LOVE SL EVEN THOUGH IT COST SO DAM MUCH. I CAN'T KEEP PAYING MORE THOUGH. THE GAME IS FUN IT ALREADY COST ALOT TO PLAY AND YALL STILL GET MONEY. ALOT OF RESIDENTS ARE NOT PREMIUM BUT WE STILL THE BACKBONE OF YOUR GAME. LINDEN LAB STOP BEING GREEDY! Y'ALL CAN COME UP WITH MORE FUN THINGS THAT CAN CONVINCE US TO BECOME PREMIUM. WHY TAKE AWAY SOMETHING WE ALREADY HAD FOR YEARS?! IF YALL KEEP *****ING US OVER WE GONNA LEAVE YALL LIKE WE DID IMVU.COM

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

People saying that they hate LL now, wow. If you get that upset over a virtual world, what's your temper like regarding rl matters? 

During my time in SL, I've never had hate for LL. When issues came up, I realized that things like that happen, no biggie, go read a book or something. When fees were raised, I would figure out how to make it work or not. My life is not SL, and no one's else should be. Even the employees, creators, etc need to have a plan b. Tomorrow things could be drastically changed in our world and this thread will seem like a waste of time. Stop looking at SL as your be all, instead breathe and try to enjoy life. Look for things that you have in life and be grateful, because someone else wishes that they were you. 

If less groups and raised fees cause someone to get that upset then maybe you should back away for a bit. Or leave. 

Never put all your eggs in one basket. If you depend on SL for anything, you should start planning on other ways to supplement your financial needs, other ways to help you socialize. Tomorrow SL can go under. Then what?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Almost all of them stolen/copybotted from Second Life. And don't tell me they're not; I work for one of those Second Life mesh creators, and I regularly receive reports and screenshots of content theft on OpenSim grids for the creator I work for.

Again, many of them stolen. See above.

Last time I logged into OpenSim (maybe half a year ago), there was an entire area openly and proudly so offering vehicles, buildings etc ripped from SL. I *did* take one of their motorcycles and tried it, I have to confess. Out of curiosity. Turns out SL has something OpenSim doesn't have: Working vehicle physics. I still like it for building, though. But SL it is not.

Edited for spelling :)

Edited by HeathcliffMontague

Honestly, to say you are increasing membership rates and all I have heard is about the bragging about these new linden homes being available (yet for some reason it seems available only to bloggers) it a total load of bull.  I'd be better off shucking a couple hundred USDs into a new game if I hadn't invested so much in this one here.  Yeah, I'm **itching about the free house.  What a marketing ploy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mzjazzymaii said:

Linden Lab about have us all the way *****ed and its not cool! FOR THE RESIDENTS THAT DON'T HAVE PREMIUM THEY GONNA DROP THE AMOUNT OF GROUPS WE CAN HAVE DOWN TO 35. YET THEY SAY "We’re not lowering limits out of spite, groups really are quite a strain on our back end for a variety of painful historical reasons, including overloading group functionality instead of having other tools." YET THEY TAKING OUR GROUPS THEY CUTTING AND GIVING IT TO PREMIUM MEMEBERS THAT ALREADY HAVE 60+ GROUPS. THATS SOME BS! THEY TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE PREMIUM! NOW THEY ABOUT TO START ADDING MORE FEES WHEN YOU EXCHANGE $$ TO LINDENS. GRUMPITY LINDEN SAID "Fees to process credit are going up, effective June 24. L$ buy fees are not. Yes, this is another step in rebalancing the economy." I FEEL LIKE THEY *****ING ME IN THE BUTT! LIKE I'M NOT A PREMIUM RESIDENT BUT I DO PAY A LOT FOR LINDENS. NOW THEY PUTTING UP THE CREATORS EXCHANGE FEE UP TOO! NOW THEIR FEE GOING TO BE 5% BEFORE YOU KNOW IT ITS GONNA BE 10%. LETS BE FORREAL IF IT WASN'T FOR THE CREATORS I WON'T BE ON THIS *****. SO WHEN THEY START LEAVING IMMA BE OUT TOO. I REALLY LOVE SL EVEN THOUGH IT COST SO DAM MUCH. I CAN'T KEEP PAYING MORE THOUGH. THE GAME IS FUN IT ALREADY COST ALOT TO PLAY AND YALL STILL GET MONEY. ALOT OF RESIDENTS ARE NOT PREMIUM BUT WE STILL THE BACKBONE OF YOUR GAME. LINDEN LAB STOP BEING GREEDY! Y'ALL CAN COME UP WITH MORE FUN THINGS THAT CAN CONVINCE US TO BECOME PREMIUM. WHY TAKE AWAY SOMETHING WE ALREADY HAD FOR YEARS?! IF YALL KEEP *****ING US OVER WE GONNA LEAVE YALL LIKE WE DID IMVU.COM

Do you flip out like this when grocery prices get raised, your cell phone bill, your rent? Calm down.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

People saying that they hate LL now, wow. If you get that upset over a virtual world, what's your temper like regarding rl matters? 

During my time in SL, I've never had hate for LL. When issues came up, I realized that things like that happen, no biggie, go read a book or something. When fees were raised, I would figure out how to make it work or not. My life is not SL, and no one's else should be. Even the employees, creators, etc need to have a plan b. Tomorrow things could be drastically changed in our world and this thread will seem like a waste of time. Stop looking at SL as your be all, instead breathe and try to enjoy life. Look for things that you have in life and be grateful, because someone else wishes that they were you. 

If less groups and raised fees cause someone to get that upset then maybe you should back away for a bit. Or leave. 

Never put all your eggs in one basket. If you depend on SL for anything, you should start planning on other ways to supplement your financial needs, other ways to help you socialize. Tomorrow SL can go under. Then what?

I don't 'hate' LL but I do dislike them big time, and so about 3 years ago I stopped making new content apart from Halloween and Christmas, I don't log in every day as i used to and I did what you said i wen't else where.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CHRISTEENIE said:

Honestly, to say you are increasing membership rates and all I have heard is about the bragging about these new linden homes being available (yet for some reason it seems available only to bloggers)

What? Where did that false rumor start? I can assure you that plenty of non-bloggers have new Linden homes. Come down to the Linden Homes section in the Land forum and see for yourself.

• Like 7

Just now, Phoebe Avro said:

I don't 'hate' LL but I do dislike them big time, and so about 3 years ago I stopped making new content apart from Halloween and Christmas, I don't log in every day as i used to and I did what you said i wen't else where.

Very good, you adjusted your life as you seemed fit. That's what I'm saying to do. Things change in life all the time and we need to sit down and figure out alternatives. We can voice our opinions but we may not get what we want. So, we need to then move forward and adjust things as we seem fit. 

People getting bent out of shape like it's the end of the world, due to these changes is scary. 

LL can't make everyone happy, if they did, they'd probably go out of business due to no profits. 

We can voice our opinions without raising our blood pressure, hating, etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adam Spark said:

All of these things, while valid points, are changeable as determined by you as a company. And the fact that you don't get every dollar I spend is not my fault and not a reason I should pay extra to be treated equal. You as a company designed it this way. My money goes into the system, making it more valuable.

You're right.
The abominable logic of thieves who are trying to explain to me why they are climbing into my pocket again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CHRISTEENIE said:

...all I have heard is about the bragging about these new linden homes being available (yet for some reason it seems available only to bloggers) it a total load of bull. 

Let's try logic, maybe you only read about these houses in bloggers' blogs because , even if you furrow your brow, without a blog you can not make your words appear in front of somebody's face.

Well, ok, maybe you can with Google glass but Sergey won't send me a set so I'm not sure.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

What? Where did that false rumor start? I can assure you that plenty of non-bloggers have new Linden homes. Come down to the Linden Homes section in the Land forum and see for yourself.

I have looked DAILY for the opportunity and only see the same regions available that were available 8 years ago.  So NO, they clearly aren't available to everyone.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ClariceRose said:

People getting bent out of shape like it's the end of the world, due to these changes is scary. 

LL can't make everyone happy, if they did, they'd probably go out of business due to no profits. 

We can voice our opinions without raising our blood pressure, hating, etc. 

THIS. Unhinged ranting against a group of probably very nice people (LL employees) is absurd. I'm not thrilled about having to pay more, but I can separate that disappointment from my attitude toward LL and its employees, and not go on a red hot rage fest at these people who, like most of us, are schmucks doing our jobs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, CHRISTEENIE said:

I have looked DAILY for the opportunity and only see the same regions available that were available 8 years ago.  So NO, they clearly aren't available to everyone.

But you SAID only bloggers are getting homes. I said no, that's not true.

• Like 2

Sadly, though, the new buildings are always the same generic areas.  Country houses, and houseboats.  I used to be gorean...would have been nice to have medieval themed areas back then, in both M and A rated area.  Now that I am a child avatar on this account, what about G rated housing areas?  Child AVATARS in the starter avatars.

Heck.  i own a children's clothing store on an M parcel.  One day, I found that someone on the next sim over had a plywood prim wall all around their 1024.  BEGS for peeking in...all sexual intercourse videos.  Note....this parcel was less than 5m away from a sign stating children's clothing store.  A/R'd. and friends a/r'd.  Nothing was done.  for over a month, it was still there.  It has changed now, to a satisfactory change...but, it leaves me very leery of the A/R process.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CHRISTEENIE said:

It's called the luck of the draw, you're not the only one trying to leap at one.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.