A brief note on pricing changes, which ran long.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, ElSolLaLuna said:

I get that groups have issues but -1 +1 does not have any more or less effect on the issue?  Give basic back their groups!  Premium do not need more groups!!!  and it if it just to try to justify the extra 33% increase that is bullsh..t!  You want to charge more and maybe it is time to but doing the switch does not justify taking groups from basic members!

I agree that groups should not be taken away from non-premium members.  However, there are a lot of people who DO need more groups.  I don't want it at the expense of non-premium members...i want a WAY to add more group slots.  But please don't just say "premium do not need more groups!!!"...as a lot of us are creators, or just store owners of various products, who have trouble juggling slots, just to bring product to the masses.

• Like 1

In  SL transaction fees are raised, and suddenly there're no transaction fees in Sansar.

We're not in SL cause it was free in first place, we're here because of the community and creators. 

Money wont make us move to Sansar, it'll make us leave SL.

TYVMBYE.

• Like 3

In a word, Lindens dealt a heavy blow to his child, who is already leading to a massive exodus of players in the open Sims, refusal of VIP accounts (I refused two VIP accounts) and the termination of putting money into the game as well as reducing the players' business activity.
Epic idiocy - all players are opposed to the Lindens.

Edited by LeeeBlack
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

You can't be serious.

it's just a computer toy. Only a computer toy. And not the goal of life.
There are free open sims, many give free bento bodies and a lot of people.
All the clothes there are free, and the land is free.
I don't care where to play. And much the same anyway.
They play where better.
They play there where they do not try to rob, but they try to rob us. Twice a year increase in prices for money input + theft, + price increase.
Thanks to Linden for help in the development of open Sims grids.
With their idiocy they actively help it)))

Edited by LeeeBlack
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, FreyasFashions said:

I've been saying for years MP should be selling for Premium only. Free accounts - browse, then buy inworld

Two-fold - stops all what you say, PLUS would galvanise inworld land usage for stores.

While I can understand the sentiment behind it, I'mma have to give a big ol No to that

A premium requirement would effectively gut probably a good large half of the current MP, myself included.

Perhaps some sort of middle ground like maybe new stores would have a one time fee of 1000L to make?

Edited by Digit Gears
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, LeeeBlack said:
it's just a computer toy. Only a computer toy. And not the goal of life.

There are free open sims, many give free bento bodies and a lot of people.

All clothes there are free, and land is free.

I don't care where to play. And much the same anyway.

They play where better.

They play there where they do not try to rob, but they try to rob us. Twice a year increase in prices for money input + theft, + price increase.

Thanks to Linden for help in the development of open Sims grids.

With their idiocy they actively help it)))

Hello google translate.

SL Might be a toy for you, it's not a toy for me or many other Residents.

Free bodies? free clothes? man I wonder how much is content ripped from games and SL creators...

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Feature_Matrix

• Temporary attachmeznts may be buggy. Oh well.
  • No display names, screw roleplayers I guess.
  • the only way to manipulate estates currently is via direct changes to the database . Ouch.
  • Blocking teleports to a parcel is not currently enforced. Rip.
  • No pathfinding, I suppose a broken pathfinding in SL is still better than none at all.
  • No economy, not even a basic demonstration system.

Okay then Maybe scripting is amazing?

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LlFunction_implementation_status

http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LSL_Status/Functions

There is so many critical functions that don't work...

• Like 4

forget about new stores - after the sanctions on putting money into the game, much less money will come into the game.
This will tell you any bank employee.
In order for more money to come in and more people put money into the game - you need to lower the commission, and not raise it.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, LeeeBlack said:

on Russian web resources (this is a million accounts and hundreds of thousands of players) there are hot descriptions and many offer to go to the open sims. And all the commentators agree with them.
If the Lindens wanted to lose their players, they already lose them.

big problem with OS .. you'r there but your friends aren't or just a handfull, ánd it;s like SL at least 10 yrs back in time on many levels.

seeing the stats about online players in SL at any time, shows that your million are sort of trumpian fake news.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

A million Russians and number of people online barely peaks over 50.000. Plus open sim is far behind compared to Second Life on almost any level.

Except maybe content theft.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

I'd like to point something out, because I understand that it's really not obvious. There's a lot of conversation about people with basic accounts spending just as much or more than the cost of premium.  That's awesome, and you can chose how to spend your money!  However, not all the money you spend in SL is equal to LL. When you buy L$, you're buying them on the LindeX, from another resident.

Linden Lab takes $1.49 fee, regardless of how much you spend.

When you spend L$5000 on the marketplace, Linden Lab takes 5% of that, not the full amount.  The rest goes to the creator.

When you spend it inworld, we take none of it (however, the store owner pays us for land - either directly or through a landlord).  OF COURSE we want our creator community to thrive. We have been jumping through regulatory hoops year after year to make sure that Second Life continues to be a place where you can make money and not just spend money - and this has come at a cost, which, unfortunately, we are partially passing on to those who are making money in SL.  

All of these things, while valid points, are changeable as determined by you as a company. And the fact that you don't get every dollar I spend is not my fault and not a reason I should pay extra to be treated equal. You as a company designed it this way. My money goes into the system, making it more valuable.

Edited by Adam Spark
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

That 5% fee is for Process Credit transactions...moving it from your Second Life $USD balance to PayPal.  There is a 3.5% fee when you sell $L on the LindEx, though.

Others have pointed out that LL does stick it to us wherever they can.  The $L exchange process is one of those places.  They get you with a fixed $1.49 fee whenever you buy $L.  They get you with a 3.5% fee when you sell $L.  And they get you again with a 5% fee when you transfer $USD out of Second Life and back to PayPal.

Sigh.

Ain't life grand? *sighs* Thanks for the clarification Lindal. 

5 hours ago, DonnaCasta said:

@anniepany   I disagree.  Clearly you didn't get my point.  Instead you just replied with the usual "don't like it, just leave".  Whatever.

Oh I got your point, you want something for nothing even IF you are premium or if you are basic, it's not gonna happen, While I may not agree 100% with the raises that LL have implemented I understand, being a business owner myself, they have to make a profit and again, if you don't like it hit the little red x and find something else. I'm done. 

• Haha 1

OK, made it to page 20 of (currently) 30. Wow, this has sparked debate in-world, on this forum and elsewhere. Glad to see the Lindens participate, though. And this has got to be the most intelligent thread in a long time here. Last time I saw a Linden in-world was maybe two years ago. Don't remember the first name, but he was pouring drinks...

Should I decide to renew my premium, could I donate my extra 10 group spots to someone who is not? I'd gladly do that ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

OK, made it to page 20 of (currently) 30. Wow, this has sparked debate in-world, on this forum and elsewhere. Glad to see the Lindens participate, though. And this has got to be the most intelligent thread in a long time here. Last time I saw a Linden in-world was maybe two years ago. Don't remember the first name, but he was pouring drinks...

Should I decide to renew my premium, could I donate my extra 10 group spots to someone who is not? I'd gladly do that ;)

Here is an idea why don't LL create a poll and ask premium members if they want / need more groups to the detriment of basic accounts?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.