A brief note on pricing changes, which ran long.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

By taking away my groups, you are taking away my joy. I think of leaving SL. I am a "free player", only did buy tenthousands of L$ each month.

Remove premium membership and replace it by an intelligent business concept where people do not have to pay for things they do not want and do not need.

Edited by Canis Canning
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Blueberryxx said:
4 hours ago, Asadora Summers said:

I find that hard to believe

It isn't a lie. I had to split my store groups into 2, and between the 2 there are over 85000 members. We split the members into 2 groups because none of the functions work when it's that crowded.

Maitreya V.I.P group has 115,000 members.

My club group has over 7000 members.  Its not a lie at all.  Our group functions are sluggish a lot of the time, and chat doesn't always pop open, nor do messages always go through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, River Abonwood said:

My club group has over 7000 members.  Its not a lie at all.  Our group functions are sluggish a lot of the time, and chat doesn't always pop open, nor do messages always go through.

Yes my 11 year old club group goes up between 10-30 a day its currently at 15,383 members, sometimes as the owner of it i don't get notices when i am online, I was thinking some time ago of ejecting people that had not logged on in over a year but i am not sure there is a bulk way to eject avs like that and I am not sitting for weeks on end ejecting people one at a time.

Edited by Phoebe Avro
  • Like 1

Just now, Phoebe Avro said:

Yes my 11 year old club group goes up between 10-30 a day its currently at 15,383 members, sometimes as the owner or it i don't get notices when i am online, I was thinking some time ago of ejecting people that had not logged on in over a year but i am not sure there is a bulk way to eject avs like that and I am not sitting for weeks on end ejecting people one at a time.

Exactly, @Phoebe Avro! Ours doesn't go up quite that much on a daily basis (WOW!) - but the majority of the time, we don't even get notices from our own club in our email.  And yet, with them cutting groups, can't exactly make a second one.  And, for clubs, the subscribomatics are a pain in the butt, we did try that for a while.

1 minute ago, Phoebe Avro said:

Yes my 11 year old club group goes up between 10-30 a day its currently at 15,383 members, sometimes as the owner or it i don't get notices when i am online, I was thinking some time ago of ejecting people that had not logged on in over a year but i am not sure there is a bulk way to eject avs like that and I am not sitting for weeks on end ejecting people one at a time.

Go to the members & roles tab in your group window, select the members tab.
You now get a list of all members of your group, click the 'title' button at the right to sort all members by the last time they've been online.

Now select everyone who hasn't been online for a month, a year, years, whatever you think is too long to be offline.
Personally I evict people who haven't been online for a year.

Once you've selected the names, click eject.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

Go to the members & roles tab in your group window, select the members tab.
You now get a list of all members of your group, click the 'title' button at the right to sort all members by the last time they've been online.

Now select everyone who hasn't been online for a month, a year, years, whatever you think is too long to be offline.
Personally I evict people who haven't been online for a year.

Once you've selected the names, click eject.

Thanks Jo I will take a look at that when i log in. I have saved that into a note on my desktop so i don't have to hunt for it :)

Edited by Phoebe Avro
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, janetosilio said:

It doesn’t have to be gold, silver, bronze. Many people have said they don’t go premium because it doesn’t suit them. So why not tailor it to suit other users’ needs.

Some people don’t see the value of spending x amount for more groups, land, etc. But they would pay a little less for premium that don’t have a couple of those things.

Business owners have said this is going to hurt their business. Well, really...why isn’t there a premium for business owners? I’m sure there are features they could benefit from that aren’t in a premium membership.

As it is now a premium membership is kind of one size fits all. There should be alternatives.

A tailored Premium would be awesome for me. I want the land and the stipend but I don't need any of the other benefits. I havent even hit 35 groups yet, I don't go to fashion events so I don't need priority entry, and I don't even remember what the other benefits are so I clearly don't need them either.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Plurabelle, you don't have to pay to keep those groups.  You won't lose them until you decide to change groups.  And you could even go premium, use your 60 group slots, and downgrade - and still get to keep them.  

I am always at my maximum of groups, and I am constantly leaving and joining groups, because I am a designer who participates in multiple events, fairs, hunts etc. That is common practice among designers, bloggers and event organizers. For example I soon have to join the Hair Fair Demo group to participate - means, I would have to drop not one, but eight groups for just that one event. As I said, yes, I will have to go premium, just to keep those groups. That is very little benefit for the money.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

I think that the idea of an added premium is a good one, with a twist that will either have me beaten in the square or somewhat agreed with...

Premium lite  3.00 usd monthly

50 groups nothing else added

Here is the killer part

You must have a premium account to sell on marketplace - lite or higher

This would decrease theft, overloading of gacha reselling that is illegal copies of content, stop fake full perms accounts selling empty boxes claiming to be well known products. It would also clean out old content with no active sellers. Giving a few months notice for people to get on board. No longer would creators have to watch people getting cash grabs off of their work unable to flag or dmca. It would mean they have to sign up with rl info like the rest of us.

I've been saying for years MP should be selling for Premium only. Free accounts - browse, then buy inworld

Two-fold - stops all what you say, PLUS would galvanise inworld land usage for stores.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Plurabelle, you don't have to pay to keep those groups.  You won't lose them until you decide to change groups.  And you could even go premium, use your 60 group slots, and downgrade - and still get to keep them.  

Umm, also, did you just seriously suggest we should cheat the system, go premium for a month, join 60 groups, then downgrade and keep them? That... might be a little counterproductive :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, anniepany said:

ok, so say I have tier to pay, and I cash out and let it sit in USD, will I be charged that 5% or is that only if I transfer it to my PayPal or bank account?

That 5% fee is for Process Credit transactions...moving it from your Second Life $USD balance to PayPal.  There is a 3.5% fee when you sell $L on the LindEx, though.

Others have pointed out that LL does stick it to us wherever they can.  The $L exchange process is one of those places.  They get you with a fixed $1.49 fee whenever you buy $L.  They get you with a 3.5% fee when you sell $L.  And they get you again with a 5% fee when you transfer $USD out of Second Life and back to PayPal.

Sigh.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Phoebe Avro said:

Yes my 11 year old club group goes up between 10-30 a day its currently at 15,383 members, sometimes as the owner of it i don't get notices when i am online, I was thinking some time ago of ejecting people that had not logged on in over a year but i am not sure there is a bulk way to eject avs like that and I am not sitting for weeks on end ejecting people one at a time.

members & roles - members - click on the status column to organise by last online date (click again to bring the earliest date to the top), then click the top one you want to select, then scroll down, shift/click on the bottom (that selects all the ones in between, and you can see how many are selected lower down where it says "Everyone" role, then hit the eject.

I culled my groups yesterday for folk who hadn't been online since 1st Jan 2017

Edited by FreyasFashions
  • Thanks 2

I believe pushing any lump sums of spending on your residents is a mistake, as residents spending patterns are all about micro transactions.  I believe if your marketing team would put this into consideration when they approach features like group slots and prim allowance, etc, they should be able to come up with a lot more lucrative solutions that doesn't make the users feel like they're spending as much money, while actually spending more money, and having fun doing it.  Think of it like your SL inventory, none of us want to know how much money we've spent on it, yet we keep spending very happily.  Micro transactions feel rewarding, that's why it's the more successful approach in the gaming industry overall.

Secondly, you may not think the process credit fee increase is a big deal, but it is.  As a great amount of creators already are pushed to their limits with work load and making ends meat, this will force them to consider other opportunities.  Don't forget that the creators are quite literally what makes SL.  Without them you wouldn't be able to play games with your mates inworld, use those dance animations (or other animations, hint, hint), customise your face to your liking, decorate your house, etc.  Treat your creators well, or they will continue to disappear.

My intentions with this is not to complain.  I've only spoken up as there's an ever so slight possibility it might spark an internal discussion on how to approach things in a way that will benefit SL greatly as a whole.  Because I love this platform and I genuinely care and want it to do very well.

Edited by Sabina Gully
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

That 5% fee is for Process Credit transactions...moving it from your Second Life $USD balance to PayPal.  There is a 3.5% fee when you sell $L on the LindEx, though.

Others have pointed out that LL does stick it to us wherever they can.  The $L exchange process is one of those places.  They get you with a fixed $1.49 fee whenever you buy $L.  They get you with a 3.5% fee when you sell $L.  And they get you again with a 5% fee when you transfer $USD out of Second Life and back to PayPal.

Sigh.

This  the issue i have with  the increase  look at all the money they are taking ,,,,, and the same old bug sand problems and issues we have been dealing with in second life are still  happening  on a daily weekly basis ,,,,,  and yep i am waiting for after the birthday they will increase the fee once again to buy lindens.

The number of groups cannot be touched.
Money paid for these groups.
The people are wildly outraged and require blood, talking about leaving the game in open sims
Many already register accounts in the open Sims.
In second life they will not return.
20 of 50 of my friends wrote to me that they were leaving, in the open Sims.
Mockery of the owners of VIP accounts, making VIPs more expensive, despite the fact that they are not bought at all, is losing 2/3 of owners of VIP accounts. And a blow to the linden business.
Making an extra tax on putting money into the game is an epic stupidity that will reduce the input of money into the game.
Thorough idiocy game owners. Epic stupid anti-ads.
In one second, the Lindens forced all of their players to hate the Lindens.
This is an epic stupidity and not love for those who bring them money.

• Like 1

To take away from a person some number of groups that he had before is the most real robbery.
And to try to sell him what they stole is generally disgusting and deserves contempt and spitting in the face.
The owners of the game completely lost face from greed.

15 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

This is misleading. Gifts and tipping between avatars was a minor point, overall there are no cost reductions in Sansar. Don't blame Sansar for this.

It is a price reduction. You are not being charged for paying "tipping" a user in Sansar as you were before. What gets me though is I have yet to receive a email blast from LL about the premium membership increase for Second Life however I email blast for zero transaction fees in Sansar are being sent.

Maybe it is extremely poor timing on LL part but I refuse to think they are just naive and it is just mere coincidence that Second Life fees go up in multiple areas while Sansar finds way to reduce fees in other areas.

• Like 2

This is the answer i received when i asked  for clarity on how to handle the premium situation as i have just paid my quarterly this week this was the response i got from support so i am heartsick 

the response from support as follows

""

t""Thank you for your response, and thank you for your patience.

You, and all existing Premium members, will have an option to lock in your current rates for one more billing cycle starting on this upcoming Monday, June 3rd, and running through Sunday, June 23rd. The Premium Membership price changes will be going live on Monday, June 24th.

More details on how to extend, or upgrade your Premium membership will become available soon. We kindly ask for your patience until the full details are publicly available, and once they are we will be more than happy to help with any further questions regarding that process.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance after these details are released.""""""""

You, and all existing Premium members, will have an option to lock in your current rates for one more billing cycle starting on this upcoming Monday, June 3rd, and running through Sunday, June 23rd. The Premium Membership price changes will be going live on Monday, June 24th.

More details on how to extend, or upgrade your Premium membership will become available soon. We kindly ask for your patience until the full details are publicly available, and once they are we will be more than happy to help with any further questions regarding that process.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance after these details are released.""""""""

NOW I AM REALLY WORRIED ,,,,,,   

Edited by roseelvira
pc problems

on Russian web resources (this is a million accounts and hundreds of thousands of players) there are hot descriptions and many offer to go to the open sims. And all the commentators agree with them.
If the Lindens wanted to lose their players, they already lose them.

Edited by LeeeBlack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1818 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.