The new premium home gold rush...

Pixels Sideways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Chance Byron said:

I have to click and refresh for hours on end? Pretty frustrating.

you don't háve to do that... it's a choice
( and most likely you'll win the jackpot faster in a lottery than getting a new house in Belliseria)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Not much help to click for them at the moment when everyone think that is sexy to have one.  Supple and luck to have one from existing owner is slightly over 0% chance. Get a old to play around in time being is a better strategy. 

Or automate the process. :) See Auto-Refresh Plus (and onward)

People are in fact abandoning these homes, but it's rare. Yesterday, with the auto-refresh tool, took me about an hour waiting time, when I went for the houseboat. But you CAN grab one thay way.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

People are in fact abandoning these homes, but it's rare. Yesterday, with the auto-refresh tool, took me about an hour waiting time, when I went for the houseboat. But you CAN grab one thay way.

They rather look like this 

J9MVR1mQR1Vyo.gif

• Haha 6

On 4/30/2019 at 10:50 PM, Pixels Sideways said:

The roll-out of the Linden homes was not thought out very well in advance otherwise there would have have been more than enough new homes for every member.  Would members have had to wait longer? Yes.  Would it have been a fairer process to wait so everyone who is a current premium member could get a home at the same time? Yes.

Thank you Pixels for posting this thread.   I'm sadly not optimistic any improvements will be made just based on the last release of houseboats.   The idea that residents have to watch forum posts to somehow catch an update or 48 hour notice of availability is not respectful to members.   This cattle call type of approach to linden housing is sad and after a decade with no updates certainly should have been handled differently.   It really casts a shadow over something that is really amazing.  The new homes, houseboats and overall way in which the new Linden homes reinforce community is beautiful and just goes to show how amazing Second Life is and the investments Linden Labs make into this world.   It's just extremely sad that in the process of rolling out something so amazing a large majority of the community is excluded. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Chaotic Paragorn said:

The new homes, houseboats and overall way in which the new Linden homes reinforce community is beautiful and just goes to show how amazing Second Life is and the investments Linden Labs make into this world.   It's just extremely sad that in the process of rolling out something so amazing a large majority of the community is excluded. 

You realize, of course, that the popularity of Linden's latest, amazeballs houseboats is inversely proportional to their availability, right!? :) Aka, demand for them is so high, everyone wants one. That leads to inevitably scarcity. Always. I mean, they could have made 700 more, and they'd still be gone in a heartbeat. They're simply that good. I agree with Pixels, but only sideways, that the wait sucks. But I don't see him/her offering an alternative way for how things could have been handled, short of letting everyone wait for a year so until there were enough for all Premium members -- which is not only (sorry to be a bit blunt) rather selfish, but also simply impractical, from a business perspective: you don't let hordes of Moles work day and night, for a year, until they're blind with fatigue, only to find out Premium members didn't like your new creation, after all. As is stands, turns out these new homes are a huge success. But year-long projects like that really do need early feedback, lest you're just throwing away money.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chaotic Paragorn said:

Thank you Pixels for posting this thread.   I'm sadly not optimistic any improvements will be made just based on the last release of houseboats.   The idea that residents have to watch forum posts to somehow catch an update or 48 hour notice of availability is not respectful to members.   This cattle call type of approach to linden housing is sad and after a decade with no updates certainly should have been handled differently.   It really casts a shadow over something that is really amazing.  The new homes, houseboats and overall way in which the new Linden homes reinforce community is beautiful and just goes to show how amazing Second Life is and the investments Linden Labs make into this world.   It's just extremely sad that in the process of rolling out something so amazing a large majority of the community is excluded. 

Patch Linden started at the beginning of March this year to introduce the new Linden Homes on flickr. On March 15th the houses were exhibited for one month at the "Home and Garden Expo". Anyone could visit them at any time. It was to be assumed that the houses would soon be sold out. Those who actively tried to do so had a realistic chance to get a home for about 3 days starting April 15th. The demand is and was greater than the supply. In a free market economy, this is often the case for new products in the RL as well.

We should all be happy that since 15 April there have been new houses for those who got to know them in time. Better than if everyone had to wait until summer 2020. LL can't do magic. In this respect, those who only now know about it, simply have to be patient. New homes will be built and offered bit by bit.

Edited by AngieRath
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Note that it appears that they have started working on the house at SSPE71 and 72.  The circled area  (Sorry lost that Screenshot I guess but you can still find it in the picture) is a traffic turn around area and where you see green dots on the map there are now roads and some plots for house and mailboxes. So it looks like they will be building HERE and not moving over from SSP.  The sims that we have seen copied over may be for the "new theme" houses and not the new traditional release.  

It could be that since those particular SSP regions were copied over when they first created out new continent that it is easier to build there rather than replace just those regions later.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Thanks, I did not know that existed.....here's hoping.

• Like 2

I'll just drop this question in this part of the forum I guess...

How come in the region Sutherfield, where the moles are building in, we have a resident sitting at what appears to be the front stoop/mailbox of several of the lots...  Do they think if they sit there that they have a greater chance of claiming that lot when it becomes available?

Sutherfield Squatter_001.jpg

Sutherfield Squatter_002.jpg

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Inspect them and see if they are "real" avatars and not a bot. Maybe the moles placed them there just for fun. It was a bit silly, when all the avatars was gathering to stare at the Pickle. This is the moles joking with us?

Nah these are not bots... one of them is even married and talks about the church they are in... both have a mess of picks... these are legit property campers thinking they can lay claim to these lots 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Inspect them and see if they are "real" avatars and not a bot. Maybe the moles placed them there just for fun. It was a bit silly, when all the avatars was gathering to stare at the Pickle. This is the moles joking with us?

I just did. She seems real enough. Profile normal. Has a partner, born 2008, from USA

I IM-ed her. So far no answer.

Sent her a link to this post ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Nah these are not bots... one of them is even married and talks about the church they are in... both have a mess of picks... these are legit property campers thinking they can lay claim to these lots 😂

Or perhaps they are incognito Moles, lol

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I just did. She seems real enough. Profile normal. Has a partner, born 2008, from USA

I IM-ed her. So far no answer.

Sent her a link to this post ;)

Sad thing is I went to bed 8 hours ago... she was sitting there since before I went to bed last night... not sure about the other 2 though i think maybe they saw her and decided to copy what she was doing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Sad thing is I went to bed 8 hours ago... she was sitting there since before I went to bed last night... not sure about the other 2 though i think maybe they saw her and decided to copy what she was doing

Well her Avatar sitting there musn't mean her RL self spent all nicht in front of the computer.

She didn't answer me, so I guess she parked her Avatar there camping, left the computer on and went to bed - or to work.

Btw. they are both using the same sitting pose - there are no poses in the walkways - so what does that tell us?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There are 3 of them there that I saw there yesterday when this broke. All 3 (last I saw this morning) were in front of a plot/next to the mailbox. Unless they are alts of moles doing this for giggles. Either way, the clicky sign eludes to them closing those regions when they start working, so.. yep.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Btw. they are both using the same sitting pose - there are no poses in the walkways - so what does that tell us?

good catch... To me that says... "I'm so smart I'm gonna get this lot for me and the one right next to it" 😂

Edited by Evangeline Ling
emoji
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It could be that since those particular SSP regions were copied over when they first created out new continent that it is easier to build there rather than replace just those regions later.

Possibly.  I was thinking that since it was obvious  how folks got SO EXCITED when the atoll moved over and they could watch, that TPTB decided to LET them watch LOL.  See all the comments  between the time I posted last night and this morning.   I also noted that they have now closed off the sims so that folks can't teleport in.   I was surprised they hadn't done that earlier. Anyway, that is a very nice area so hopefully the new plots will be a great addition to the continent. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I'll just drop this question in this part of the forum I guess...

How come in the region Sutherfield, where the moles are building in, we have a resident sitting at what appears to be the front stoop/mailbox of several of the lots...  Do they think if they sit there that they have a greater chance of claiming that lot when it becomes available?

Sutherfield Squatter_001.jpg

Sutherfield Squatter_002.jpg

• Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

honestly this is why they should just let people watch from the adjacent sims and block everyone else out... you get people doing stupid 💩 like that

While you feel the need to be very negative to the people of Second Life.  I might have been sitting there (harmlessly no less), I was on the phone with another Second Life citizen who was depressed because she had to go on leave because her father was dying of cancer.  So if I didn't answer any of you, it was because I was trying to comfort someone who already lost a daughter, a mother, and now possibly her only income to sit at home while she cares for her dying father.

Something to think about.  Take care and God Bless. - Ruby

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well her Avatar sitting there musn't mean her RL self spent all nicht in front of the computer.

She didn't answer me, so I guess she parked her Avatar there camping, left the computer on and went to bed - or to work.

I find it interesting that this line has made it to as far as it has.  I guess you all are bored and feel the need to police people on Second Life.  Perhaps instead, maybe focus on your own time in SL and less worry about people in game.  If you are so concerned about my welfare.. I'll let you know how I spent my time.  I most of the time was in RL.. on the webcam with another SL player who is older and was lonely (because most of you all focus on pointing out people instead of getting to know them.  I don't.  I get to know people, chat with people.  There are a lot of nice folks out there. .I promote SL to schools, colleges, as well as skill centers for those going in the graphics program.  I've spent over $11,000.00 in one year alone in here, I doubt you all have.  No, instead, you post on here going.. OMG... there is someone sitting minding their own business.. I need to put my two cents worth in.  

Another thing, after I got off webcam with 1 SL player, then I got on the phone with ANOTHER SL player who's father is dying of cancer.  Who has already lost her mother, her daughter, and now has to put her life on hold to care for her VA father in his last few months he has left.  Wow.. makes you feel extra special now, right?

Oh and if I didn't answer you, my apologies.  I might have hrm... had a RL where I took my son to the doctors due to pain he was having.  Yes, I spend my time helping others, not posting about OMG.; this person feels the need to camp.  No, I came over to check it out, found myself talking to people, then forgot I logged there still in game.  Honestly, before you open your mind to get attention, find another way that is more giving and positive.  That way you don't come off looking so foolish.   God Bless. - Ruby

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Possibly.  I was thinking that since it was obvious  how folks got SO EXCITED when the atoll moved over and they could watch, that TPTB decided to LET them watch LOL.  See all the comments  between the time I posted last night and this morning.   I also noted that they have now closed off the sims so that folks can't teleport in.   I was surprised they hadn't done that earlier. Anyway, that is a very nice area so hopefully the new plots will be a great addition to the continent. 

I shared this post with one of the Moles.  Explained what was going on.  People need to find a life, and leave others alone who haven't bothered anyone.  Such a shame... I've been trying to promote Second Life, and it is posts like this makes me wonder why I bother...  Blessings, Ruby

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.