Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

As far as i know, there are no display houseboats you can visit( like a display house in a new RL housing estate, ) but the majority of houseboats seem to be around bengali sim, navigation sim, crowsnest sim, and other sims surrounding those sims. NOTE.. these houseboats are already owned by avatars, and i doubt they would like others crawling all over their houseboat, but you could cam it from a short distance away tho...

Edited by kathyparnes1
fixed a typo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kathyparnes1 said:

As far as i know, there are no display houseboats you can visit( like a display house in a new RL housing estate, )...

That's interesting. I wonder how many would go and view display units, rather than taking a camming cruise of the resident-owned ones. (There were all those display units at the RFL Home & Garden expo, before they were loosed on the public; wouldn't seem difficult to drop a copy of those regions somewhere if they'd really be useful.)

Maybe folks could play with the units' redecorating options that way, and maybe even briefly rez their own objects inside to see how they fit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There used to be a preview for all of the homes and houseboats, but it seems to be unavailable now.  I can still see it on my map, but can't teleport to it. 

 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Homes Preview/44/200/24

 

Edit:

Since that does not seem to be working, the next best thing to do is head over to the squishy pickle to have a look at other people's houseboats, you can go there via this link:

 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aweigh/23/254/26

 

 

 

Edited by WillowTenage
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going premium is no guarantee of getting a houseboat or one of the new design homes. They seem to be limited in number and get snapped up within hours of release. There are good reasons for going premium, but if a houseboat is your main one then be prepared to constantly monitor the forums for announcements of the next release and (if you're in the wrong timezone), stay up until the early hours for a chance of getting one.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, choobaloo said:

Hi, I want to see one of these houseboats inworld before I consider going Premium. 

Showroom Houseboat >http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Le Prince/70/51/22

Showroom Househttp://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Normandale/183/217/25

Squishy Pickle Beach http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brodovima/128/60/24

Note > They Want you to go inside and nose around ! A few of us are holding a beach party at the Squishy Pickle btw, between 10am - 2 pm SLT today ( Sunday ), all are welcome.

Bellisseria Community web bloghttps://www.bellisseriahappenings.com/

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

Showroom Houseboat >http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Le Prince/70/51/22

Showroom Househttp://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Normandale/183/217/25

Squishy Pickle Beach http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Brodovima/128/60/24

Note > They Want you to go inside and nose around ! A few of us are holding a beach party at the Squishy Pickle btw, between 10am - 2 pm SLT today ( Sunday ), all are welcome.

Bellisseria Community web bloghttps://www.bellisseriahappenings.com/

Hmm. Somehow I've gotten it into my head that basic accounts can't access the Linden homes. Might want to double check on that. I don't know why basics wouldn't be allowed to visit though. Might be just some holdover from days gone by.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Hmm. Somehow I've gotten it into my head that basic accounts can't access the Linden homes. Might want to double check on that. I don't know why basics wouldn't be allowed to visit though. Might be just some holdover from days gone by.

 

29 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Hi Selene. Ummmm .... I'm not sure if non premium can rez boats etc at the public rez points. Pretty sure they can explore freely though ?

I just tested this. A non-premium member was able to visit Bellisseria, and was also able to rez a car at a public rez zone. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Hi Selene. Ummmm .... I'm not sure if non premium can rez boats etc at the public rez points. Pretty sure they can explore freely though ?

 

8 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

 

I just tested this. A non-premium member was able to visit Bellisseria, and was also able to rez a car at a public rez zone. 

Thank you Kathleen.

Now when then next victim passerby asks, we can let them know. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, choobaloo said:

Hi, I want to see one of these houseboats inworld before I consider going Premium. Can anyone tell me if there's a sim I can go to, to check out the houseboats' exteriors and interiors? Thanks in advance.

You can visit the entire continent of Bellissaria to see houseboats and traditional homes to your heart’s content. But going premium just to get one is not advisable. The last release was sold out in 27 minutes. There are lots of other reasons to go premium, but just doing it for a houseboat is not wise. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2019 at 10:22 AM, moirakathleen said:

 

I just tested this. A non-premium member was able to visit Bellisseria, and was also able to rez a car at a public rez zone. 

Oh, interesting point you mentioned ... public rez zones? Maybe I was not thoroughly seeking for public rez zones, but I cant remember to have seen one in Bellisseria. If one of you could send me the coordinates of such a zone in Bellisseria, this would be very kind. Thanks in advance 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Oh, interesting point you mentioned ... public rez zones? Maybe I was not thoroughly seeking for public rez zones, but I cant remember to have seen one in Bellisseria. If one of you could send me the coordinates of such a zone in Bellisseria, this would be very kind. Thanks in advance 🙂

https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2019/04/bellisseria-car-and-boat-rezzing-zones.html

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I own a home there and it's wonderful. There are scattered rez zones throughout. But to get one of these you either have to have had the right time upon release or get lucky and find an abandoned one. however I have heard more are coming. Join the group and updates and good luck :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, VanillaLovelace said:

Oh, interesting point you mentioned ... public rez zones? Maybe I was not thoroughly seeking for public rez zones, but I cant remember to have seen one in Bellisseria. If one of you could send me the coordinates of such a zone in Bellisseria, this would be very kind. Thanks in advance 🙂

There is also a HUD that someone created and you can grab from the MP for free that is being kept up to date with all of the public rez zones on Bellisseria:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bellisseria-Linden-Rez-zones-map/17166108

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, choobaloo said:

Hi, I want to see one of these houseboats inworld before I consider going Premium. Can anyone tell me if there's a sim I can go to, to check out the houseboats' exteriors and interiors? Thanks in advance.

In the groups & landmarks thread, I believe there are some open houses you could visit.  For example, Apple Fall is one that comes to mind.  Maybe in that list there are houseboats that are open to visit.  Just a thought.  I can thoroughly understand your wanting to see what you would be getting before going premium.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen your houseboat Cougar, and it really gave me some very helpful decorating ideas.  I didn't get a great plot, and I felt a little upset about that... but things are looking up since touring all the open houses.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Estilara said:

I've seen your houseboat Cougar, and it really gave me some very helpful decorating ideas.  I didn't get a great plot, and I felt a little upset about that... but things are looking up since touring all the open houses.

Thank you, Estilara.  I've been looking at all the photos posted in the threads and am just amazed at everyone's decorating.  I've gotten some helpful ideas for future projects myself. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

If you love sailing then going premium to get a house boat but more importantly access to sailable waters is pretty cool. 

Before going premium I used to spend L$8000 on rent for my old parcel and home per every 4 weeks. Now I have a lovely house boat where I can park my Loonetta yacht and sail to my heart's content. 351 prims (more like 530 with the house boat included) actually goes a long way if you have high quality / low prim furniture and know how to link convex hull / none mesh cleverly to reduce your prims.  

The L$1200 every 4 weeks is a bonus, as is the extra groups and easier access to full sims. 

The sailing life is awesome! 

Little Sailor

 

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 169 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...