Jump to content

seven seas fishing


brady Teardrop
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Yes but I'm not sure that you'd be allowed to rez the rod/bait vendor; that would count as commercial activity. Likewise I don't think paid contests would be allowed either.

This. Though you could rez a server, just not the sales vendor. If it's for yourself, just wear the wearable server and have the ability to fish any and everywhere you go, including the Sahara desert. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, Alyona Su said:

This. Though you could rez a server, just not the sales vendor. If it's for yourself, just wear the wearable server and have the ability to fish any and everywhere you go, including the Sahara desert. :)

Wearable server and invisible fishing rod, auto-cast on.

Quickest way I know to get your inventory over 100k. :D

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2019 at 12:23 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

Yes but I'm not sure that you'd be allowed to rez the rod/bait vendor; that would count as commercial activity. Likewise I don't think paid contests would be allowed either.

Strange though, I just read the covenant through again, slowly, twice, and I can't see any restriction on commercial activity, other than that parcels cannot be listed in Search. I swear it was there originally but it seems like it's not, now. So as the covenant stands right now, I think a 7 Seas vendor or paid contest would be legal.

Edited by Matty Luminos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Strange though, I just read the covenant through again, slowly, twice, and I can't see any restriction on commercial activity, other than that parcels cannot be listed in Search. I swear it was there originally but it seems like it's not, now. So as the covenant stands right now, I think a 7 Seas vendor or paid contest would be legal.

If you are correct that you are doubly correct because "advertising" would be through LL properties (SL Adverts, Market Place, etc) - so even contests and location listing via 7Seas web site should still be legal in that regard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • Moles
On 5/11/2019 at 3:54 PM, Matty Luminos said:

I just read the covenant through again, slowly, twice, and I can't see any restriction on commercial activity, other than that parcels cannot be listed in Search.

The covenant says: "Activities and items that could be construed as commercial and for profit by Linden Lab are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria."

c8345a80cde1c12c067985defc0c9029.png

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dyna Mole said:

The covenant says: "Activities and items that could be construed as commercial and for profit by Linden Lab are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria."

c8345a80cde1c12c067985defc0c9029.png

I know it's there now, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't there before. I know it was intended to be, I think it was just forgotten, and added in later. Anyway, I am glad it's there now, and very clear. 

However, it makes me wonder, as this section of the Covenant refers only to use of the home and boat parcels but it doesn't mention activity in public, Linden-owned spaces within Bellisseria, such as the public pools, parks, Campwich Lodge etc. It makes me wonder specifically about DJs using tipjars in those spaces - I know they don't, and it's commonly agreed that tipjars are not allowed in any part of Bellisseria, whether private or public. But maybe the Covenant ought to mention that too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

However, it makes me wonder, as this section of the Covenant refers only to use of the home and boat parcels but it doesn't mention activity in public, Linden-owned spaces within Bellisseria, such as the public pools, parks, Campwich Lodge etc. It makes me wonder specifically about DJs using tipjars in those spaces - I know they don't, and it's commonly agreed that tipjars are not allowed in any part of Bellisseria, whether private or public. But maybe the Covenant ought to mention that too?

Patch has already clarified this as well - No commercial activity anywhere in Bellisseria, including tip jars, fishing things, prostitution, etc., etc., so on, so forth, ad infinitum

https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/editionsix/helpful-info

Quote

Many people have questioned the last part of the rule in the covenant which reads, "...in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria." Patch clarified this, stating that the covenant is in force "everywhere in Bellisseria." I asked about exceptions or exclusions to the rule at places like the fairgrounds, and the response was, "to be fair across the board, there will not be exceptions." One last point of clarity, some have suggested that since skyboxes are not near to homes and houseboats, these rules do not apply. However, "It (the covenant) applies to the entirety of the continent, top to bottom, left to right, side to side and all around."

Perhaps this needs to be put into the covenant spelled out in explicit terms like this, but I think they're more worried about building homes to stop and add every possible commercial scenario to it. Maybe after the demand dies down a bit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

However, it makes me wonder, as this section of the Covenant refers only to use of the home and boat parcels but it doesn't mention activity in public, Linden-owned spaces within Bellisseria, such as the public pools, parks, Campwich Lodge etc.

Residents can't rez in those areas anyway. So the covenant doesn't need to address rezzing in public spaces. Unless you're supposing that someone is going to use one of the rez zones used for transportation to rez a vendor of some kind.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, animats said:

OK. I just removed my free motorcycle rezzer, installed the day Bellesaria opened, to be fully compliant. Back then, there were no rez zones and no way to get around, so it was needed and used. Now there are enough rez zones.

Why would you need to remove it? The person rezzing a motorcycle isn't paying for it! That's not commerce.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Residents can't rez in those areas anyway. So the covenant doesn't need to address rezzing in public spaces.

I think this also includes, though, things like DJs that don't have tip jars out asking for tips to be paid directly to them. Or, you know, a hooker doing some solicitation... lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think this also includes, though, things like DJs that don't have tip jars out asking for tips to be paid directly to them. Or, you know, a hooker doing some solicitation... lol!

True, you can always pay someone's head. LOL .. that could be misconstrued. But you know what I mean. :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2019 at 3:51 AM, Matty Luminos said:

I know it's there now, but I'm pretty certain it wasn't there before. I know it was intended to be, I think it was just forgotten, and added in later. Anyway, I am glad it's there now, and very clear.

The covenant went through a few modifications, and there was a period of time, right after the Security changes were added, that some/all of the Commercial stuff got accidentally dropped out.  When it was mentioned here in the forums, then it got put back in, along with more details than was originally there.  I think I now have 3 versions of the Covenant saved.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...