Wearing Glasses in second life

rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually wear reading glasses all the time in SL,but take them off for pictures..

I kind of do the same thing in RL and really didn't notice I do that until I seen this thread and went to look for some pictures with me and glasses..

The only ones I could find are before I even had a mesh head and it's with sun glasses and not the ones I wear most of the time...hehehehehe

Snapshot_253

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 3:12 PM, Glen Saxmundham said:

Here’s me, ready for a night out on the town.

Oh, and blind as a bat without my glasses.  It's an age thing...

It's not always an age thing.  I've been blind as a bat since I was about 10 although I can read within a few inches just fine.  It still freaks my brother out when I push up my glasses to read something.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

It's not always an age thing.  I've been blind as a bat since I was about 10 although I can read within a few inches just fine.  It still freaks my brother out when I push up my glasses to read something.

Yep - I got my first pair of glasses in 3rd grade.  Granted they didn't have a special reading section to them like I have now, but the far sight was going super early in life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I waddled through life for years like a mole. When I was like 21 a friend pointed out that I really -should- be able to read the sign across the street telling me which street I was on, and when I couldn't, she dragged me to an optician who pointed out that I couldn't actually see 'anything' further than a meter away. I still live life as a mole though, as I have yet to make any sort of habit of wiping my glasses clean, other than when I absolutely can not read something that I should be able to, or if I stare at a bright surface (hah, as if I have any of those around) and realize that it's all smudgy.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Orwar said:

I waddled through life for years like a mole. When I was like 21 a friend pointed out that I really -should- be able to read the sign across the street telling me which street I was on, and when I couldn't, she dragged me to an optician who pointed out that I couldn't actually see 'anything' further than a meter away

That's exactly how I got to wear glasses, my friend reading traffic signs I could hardly even distinguish it even had letters on it :)

But got them to shoot lasers at my eyes a couple years back, so no more glasses now

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

That's exactly how I got to wear glasses, my friend reading traffic signs I could hardly even distinguish it even had letters on it :)

But got them to shoot lasers at my eyes a couple years back, so no more glasses now

They want 15,000-20,000 crowns to do that here, sooo I'm going to have to wait until I get a job. Unless I can find a sugarmommy.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.