How many of those homes?

Sadiette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It would be interesting to know how many houses and how many houseboats were set up. And how many  Premium member there is. Ive heard that many did not had a chance to get a Lindenhome. All were gone so fast. I really want to know how soon there will be more. I guess they can't set up so many homes that all premiums member can have a house, but i hope for so many as possible. How long shall we vait? A week? A month or even longer?   Hope we get an answer soon 😃

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sadiette said:

How long shall we vait? A week? A month or even longer?   Hope we get an answer soon

We got an answer from Patch Linden - Soon.  Its being worked on we speak. Check the thread Patch stuck up there at the top of this forum.  Open your map, look at the regions being worked on as we speak

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sadiette said:

It would be interesting to know how many houses and how many houseboats were set up. And how many  Premium member there is. Ive heard that many did not had a chance to get a Lindenhome. All were gone so fast. I really want to know how soon there will be more. I guess they can't set up so many homes that all premiums member can have a house, but i hope for so many as possible. How long shall we vait? A week? A month or even longer?   Hope we get an answer soon 😃

To be clear EVERYOINE had the same chance.   No one knew when the new homes would be available (certainly not that "I" know of anyway and no one was over there) until there was an official blog post letting folks know. 

According to Patch they will be working on several (I think he mentioned six or so) styles throughout the year. It is a long process. You can watch what is being set up by looking at the SSP sims on the map. Right now they are working on more houseboats. More houses will come later. 

If you want to keep up with what is going on --- just like in real life -- you need to watch the official blog and the threads on the forums. 

• Like 4

I see nine green dots on the SSP, which is a pretty good sign :) They are all working at the houseboat portion of Bellisseria, which I think of as a water world kind of place😎  I wonder if the residents there will start to grow webbed feet, and gills.  

I can't say a definitive time line, but in the past week they have really shaped that area up and it is looking great.  With that many houseboats in one area, I have to wonder if it is going to be a constant party.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I almost missed out too.  I generally check the forums and/or have logged into my dashboard (which shows the Linden blog feed) at least once every day.  The one day I didn't is the day they released the homes.  It was the next afternoon before I realized they were available.  The houseboats were all gone by then (which was OK because I wasn't interested in a houseboat) but there were still a few traditional houses left that 2nd afternoon. 

Yep, totally NOT PLEASED with how they rolled this out.  I watch the forums and my dashboard and missed out on this.  If they were going to release a BETA to try these homes, then keep it quiet.  If this isn't a beta, where are the rest of them for everyone else?  I pay my Lindens for Premium too, and the way they rolled this out is TERRIBLE! 

Extremely poor planning and communications on the part of SL.

Edited by Aeriabella
spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

@Ursula08

If you open the map in your viewer, there should be a box to put a region name in to find.  If you enter SSP in that box and press the "Find" button, the map should reposition so that it is showing the SSP1 region. Once you have that in view, you can move the map around to view more of the SSP regions.  Here is what it looks like in the map in Firestorm viewer:

82f817f39a05538845cc81cdb753823d.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ursula08 said:

Teager.  Just to take this a bit further, where is SSP on the map?  Excuse my ignorance.  Don't use the map much, if at all.  Thanks.

to find the new Linden Homes estate then in World Map \ Find box, type in SSPE100 and click the Find Button.  The regions on the new continent that have yet to be filled with homes, have names beginning with SSPE

If patience fails, you can periodically try for one of the fancy new homes if you don't wanna wait on official word.

People still abandon these new ones, usually to try for a more favourable spot, or because one of their neighbors put up a fence when their lot didn't have a fence and hence no feeling of privacy even if the house is practically in a corner.

It's up to you to grab it before someone else does.

Edited by Marth Coberts
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Aeriabella said:

Yep, totally NOT PLEASED with how they rolled this out.  I watch the forums and my dashboard and missed out on this.  If they were going to release a BETA to try these homes, then keep it quiet.  If this isn't a beta, where are the rest of them for everyone else?  I pay my Lindens for Premium too, and the way they rolled this out is TERRIBLE! 

Extremely poor planning and communications on the part of SL.

Sorry you feel that way but I found out about the new homes from the main dashboard and the post made there on April 15th. Short of sending out a mail message to everyone I'm not really sure how it could have been communicated more. How would you have liked it to have been communicated?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marth Coberts said:

If patience fails, you can periodically try for one of the fancy new homes if you don't wanna wait on official word.

People still abandon these new ones, usually to try for a more favourable spot, or because one of their neighbors put up a fence when their lot didn't have a fence and hence no feeling of privacy even if the house is practically in a corner.

It's up to you to grab it before someone else does.

The neighbors and potential eyesores is why i've stopped trying for now and will wait for new ones. I'm seeing an increasing(albeit slowly) amount of "ugly" seeping in when wandering. Or what i'd deem ugly; and feel that most(not all) who'd abandon at this point are probably running from an eyesore.

Edited by s2Pandora

45 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

The neighbors and potential eyesores is why i've stopped trying for now and will wait for new ones. I'm seeing an increasing(albeit slowly) amount of "ugly" seeping in when wandering. Or what i'd deem ugly; and feel that most who'd abandon at this point are running from an eyesore.

I was being specific cuz that was happened to me: My 'wall' is only barely taller than my normal height avatar, and is not the only 'barrier' in Heirlong. Heck, there's one that's taller few houses down actually right next door, though it is more of a fence.

It could only be considered an eyesore because their home sat empty until they left.

Edited by Marth Coberts

6 minutes ago, Marth Coberts said:

I was being specific cuz that was happened to me: My 'wall' is only barely taller than my normal height avatar, and is not the only 'barrier' in Heirlong. Heck, there's one that's taller few houses down.

It could only be considered an eyesore because their home sat empty until they left.

Oh I have nothing against walls per say. I did see somebody used a prim wall, but left it off full bright and textured it with a pretty decent bush texture. This looked fine to me. I have everything against the overly stretched, default wood texture/bad plant texture, set on full bright, lit-up-like-vegas walls or houses in general.

Tbh I think the biggest things are full bright abuse and those few who hopped from mainland but dooon't quite get it yet. They may still be in the habit of using tall walls or screens, so i'm hoping they catch on and it goes back down.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Oh I have nothing against walls per say. I did see somebody used a prim wall, but left it off full bright and textured it with a pretty decent bush texture. This looked fine to me. I have everything against the overly stretched, default wood texture/bad plant texture, set on full bright, lit-up-like-vegas walls or houses in general.

Tbh I think the biggest things are full bright abuse and those few who hopped from mainland but dooon't quite get it yet. They may still be in the habit of using tall walls or screens, so i'm hoping they catch on and it goes back down.

Likely is that, from the look of an image of a full bright hedge: Could be running on a weaker machine, newbie resident that don't know any better, etc.

Best I can suggest for that would be to offer to help them figure out how textures work in SL. If they respond, well, poorly, then that's a different situation.

33 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

You know, this thread may have been opened for this reason or that, but I'm honestly curious how many users the first rollout did seat. How many homes + houseboats were in it? It's good trivia if nothing else. 

You could actually call up the map and count the houses and houseboats yourself, or rough estimate based on the average number of homes & houseboats per region.  I'm not sure the true numbers would ever be released by LL - at the least I wouldn't expect them until the project is completed.

4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

to find the new Linden Homes estate then in World Map \ Find box, type in SSPE100 and click the Find Button.  The regions on the new continent that have yet to be filled with homes, have names beginning with SSPE

Actually, the entire SSP area is the work area.  The first regions in the area were all named SSPnnn, with part of those being completed and copied over to the new Linden Home continent.  They are still working on the remaining SSP regions in addition to the newer SSPE regions.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

My boyfriend and I got a premium to get one of the new houses ... and when we did we realized that there was no .. we got tremendous disappointment I would like to know an approximate when they will have houses again to know how much we should expect.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.