How many of those homes?

Sadiette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How many traditional homes, on average, are on each region?

I'm wondering the finances of this project. Is Linden making more per region getting premium versus renting a full region out. And will they staff 24/7 to be great landlord?

Wonder how many landlords will close over the next year because of these new homes......

13 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

I'm wondering the finances of this project. Is Linden making more per region getting premium versus renting a full region out.

That's not an easy-to-answer question. They'd probably make more money just selling entire regions, but... you won't sell many entire regions, unless the general populus is happy with the overall feel of SL; tl;fdr: they need to prettify things, from time to time, for ppl to continue to want to spend time (and money) in their massive sandbox. I bet their marketing bean counters figured out exactly how much they need to 'invest' (in terms of their own building efforts) to get ppl to buy as much land as possible, overall. And who knows, some of these 'moles' may actually like building nice things for ppl too. :)

Edited by kiramanell

11 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

I'm wondering the finances of this project. Is Linden making more per region getting premium versus renting a full region out. And will they staff 24/7 to be great landlord?

Wonder how many landlords will close over the next year because of these new homes......

They won't be around 24/7.  They've had Linden Homes for years, so I doubt the support hours will change just because of the roll out of the new area.

There is a thread about the impact on the rental business:  

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.