How many of those homes?

Sadiette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

New houseboat atole getting flora now over at SSP, but that has to be finished and the sims copied over to Bellisseria and the abodes rezzed and the plots numbered and added to the database etc.  And the weekend is coming. So mid to end of next week for HOUSEBOATS maybe?  Obviously not official.  And the new  HOUSES will be much later so not "very near future" on those. 

When you go to the place to get a Linden Home - only 4 areas are listed....Meadowbrook, Tahoe, Elderglen & Shareta Osumi.....is this the same place to get the new houses & houseboats?.....are they not in the list - because they are all taken....?

3 minutes ago, RacyAcey said:

When you go to the place to get a Linden Home - only 4 areas are listed....Meadowbrook, Tahoe, Elderglen & Shareta Osumi.....is this the same place to get the new houses & houseboats?.....are they not in the list - because they are all taken....?

Yes, all are taken. For now. When they become available, they will appear in the list. New ones are going to be built on the empty sims, meantime keep an eyeye on these forums and blogs for more. 

Oh and welcome to the forums too :) 

Edited by eyeye Afterthought
to be polite
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Quiet Mirabella said:

they are working on new house I think the houseboats first

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/

I am also waiting - that link is where they told us they will post when new houses are available as I understood it 😊

Friendly request to @Patch Linden Please, when the new homes arrive, add a new post to the update thread (instead of, say, updating the start-post), so I'll get a thread notification. Thx.

10 hours ago, eyeye Afterthought said:

Yes, all are taken. For now. When they become available, they will appear in the list. New ones are going to be built on the empty sims, meantime keep an eyeye on these forums and blogs for more. 

Oh and welcome to the forums too :) 

Thank you.

• Moles
On 4/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, stlshayne said:

You know, this thread may have been opened for this reason or that, but I'm honestly curious how many users the first rollout did seat. How many homes + houseboats were in it? It's good trivia if nothing else. 

I know how many there are exactly. ;) 

Tell you what... just for fun, whoever can give me the correct answer first wins a prize 😁

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Tell you what... just for fun, whoever can give me the correct answer first wins a prize 😁

Heh, I was just about to post that I thought there were around 2300, but that seems like too round a number. Sooo... I'll guess 2323?

Edited by 12dash

24 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I stopped counting regions with homes or houseboats on them at 85 regions, and that was just the first 6 columns of the region from the east, so probably not even half.  Abnor had mentioned in some post something about 300+ region layouts  (the exact number he mentioned escapes my mind at the moment).   Whether that was referring to ones with residences on them or not yet, wasn't clear.  There doesn't seem to be the same number of parcels on each region either, so that makes guessing the number of residential parcels even harder!  I would say that 3000 is probably on the low end and that 4500 or 5000 might be closer.  

2 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

HEX Folks!!  Gotta be a hex number (divisible BY 8). ' tis a digital world here, you know?

I seems to think that if Mr. Mole asks for exact or "correct" number...... HE means it, to getta' Mole type PRIZE!  😁

Edited by TechDave

On 4/27/2019 at 1:34 PM, Abnor Mole said:

I am going to guess a little lower with 2100.  I am a horrible guesser though :D

On 4/24/2019 at 3:26 PM, Aeriabella said:

Yep, totally NOT PLEASED with how they rolled this out.  I watch the forums and my dashboard and missed out on this.  If they were going to release a BETA to try these homes, then keep it quiet.  If this isn't a beta, where are the rest of them for everyone else?  I pay my Lindens for Premium too, and the way they rolled this out is TERRIBLE! 

Extremely poor planning and communications on the part of SL.

Well to be honest the original Premium homes (512m lots) went this way too. They were rolled out in phases and at first where in short supply. Meadowbook being the most limited and certain style homes were even harder to come by. Give them time you'll get one soon enough. 😁

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

Still looking for the exact number. Has anyone tried counting them all? 😁

Yeah, but that proved to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to tedious.  I got most of the way through the houseboats, but gave up before continuing on with all those houses.  Two thousand something is a lot of counting.

:SwingingFriends:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1821 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.