-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have actually thought about putting up some prims and find a wood texture. ;) It is not using up so many Li when set to convex hull and linked. I am sure I need only 2-3 prims, since one prim can be stretched for more than one room.

It will look really good - matching the interior woods or interior paint on the ceilings is the jewel of decor I think 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chloe Bunny said:

It will look really good - matching the interior woods or interior paint on the ceilings is the jewel of decor I think 

Uh, I regret taking the images without wood ceiling now. I also found a tree topper, the tree became much more elegant with it.

I am not sure with the wood tint, I would not have it 100% matching, but it is close. I could spend a long time going a few points up, down, a bit to the left and such with the color picker.

I had a hexagon mesh prim laying around in my inventory, and the rest is a square for the living room and kitchen, and another square for the three other rooms. Linking two of them became 2 li in total. It is not much li used.

I found the texture from Colorado camper, black mahongany. Even if I didn't use a camper, I took one long enough to get the pack for it.

ceiling dark_002.jpg

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Uh, I regret taking the images without wood ceiling now. I also found a tree topper, the tree became much more elegant with it.

I am not sure with the wood tint, I would not have it 100% matching, but it is close. I could spend a long time going a few points up, down, a bit to the left and such with the color picker.

I had a hexagon mesh prim laying around in my inventory, and the rest is a square for the living room and kitchen, and another square for the three other rooms. Linking two of them became 2 li in total. It is not much li used.

I found the texture from Colorado camper, black mahongany. Even if I didn't use a camper, I took one long enough to get the pack for it.

ceiling dark_002.jpg

Looks great!

These are just my thoughts on decor - whatever I use in RL I know will work in SL.  But it is time consuming. Nice to see some people are taking up on it in their forum photos 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

ceiling dark_002.jpg

may i ask please what fireplace this is. havent seen it before

• Like 2

On 12/7/2021 at 2:01 AM, heartzwhim said:

may i ask please what fireplace this is. havent seen it before

Sorry for the late reply. It is from Kopfkino.

I edited the top trim, I tinted it to try and match the Linden home wood. This made another part darken too, the "frame" around the wreath. Originally, it has the same creamwhite color as the rest of the fireplace.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Sorry for the late reply. It is from Kopfkino.

I edited the top trim, I tinted it to try and match the Linden home wood. This made another part darken too, the "frame" around the wreath. Originally, it has the same creamwhite color as the rest of the fireplace.

it looks great. i like the contast between the white and wood trim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Havana OW stilt house. Today I did some re-arrangements outside. Even though on two sides there is a house quite close to mine, I like the location.
I'm tempted to try the Newbrooke theme houses when they are available. If I'm tempted enough then I must abandon this stilt house. I have two premium accounts and that's quite enough for me to play the GOH.

2022-01-15_Havana-stilt-house.thumb.jpg.d2fb8f91fc8c8d625e5d5eda0d70e57b.jpg

• Like 14

Ever have one of those cases where you friend has a location you simply fall in love with and you say, "If you ever move, I want this spot"?

I had that happen with a trad on River Run. Unfortunately, I wasn't the first person to say that to her. She moved and gave it to a different friend -- the one who asked first.

I figured that I would never get that spot because who in their "right mind" would give it up? But something came along that person liked better, so she did decide to move ... and offered it back to my friend.

My friend offered it to me. Of course, I dropped what I was doing and grabbed it. I guess God was smiling on me that day, because I did manage to land it. (That doesnt always happen, sometimes you try for a house and someone else gets it and you get a different one instead.)

But I ended up with this amazing location and am very happy about that! Isnt it pretty?

Rivers End Exterior - distance shot (2).jpg

• Like 17

Nice spot - I've never given a home out or offered one because too risky to imply that it's yours or theirs - once it is back to the LP it is fair game - but I have given a heads up plenty of times to people who are not collecting,  just looking for a home or two. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Still excited about this home. Decided to photograph the interior for you...

Rivers End Bedroom (Small).jpg

Rivers End kitchen (small).png

Rivers End Livingroom (small).jpg

Rivers End patio (small).jpg

Rivers End Study (small).jpg

I love landing a house that inspires me to decorate it.  Sometimes a location is everything I wanted, but sometimes the inspiration comes as a surprise at finding something truly unique.   I'm glad you got the house you wanted 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Ever have one of those cases where you friend has a location you simply fall in love with and you say, "If you ever move, I want this spot"?

I had that happen with a trad on River Run. Unfortunately, I wasn't the first person to say that to her. She moved and gave it to a different friend -- the one who asked first.

I figured that I would never get that spot because who in their "right mind" would give it up? But something came along that person liked better, so she did decide to move ... and offered it back to my friend.

My friend offered it to me. Of course, I dropped what I was doing and grabbed it. I guess God was smiling on me that day, because I did manage to land it. (That doesnt always happen, sometimes you try for a house and someone else gets it and you get a different one instead.)

But I ended up with this amazing location and am very happy about that! Isnt it pretty?

Rivers End Exterior - distance shot (2).jpg

Looks very cute T!

• Like 3

It was a surprise, but I have been vibing with my fantasy home so much. Normally I'm all about modern homes and I'm not really a RPer, but man... I'm living my best elven life now!

I might take some photos of the interior soon (full fantasy/medieval themed), but for now I wanted to show off my front and back gardens. I didn't have a whole lot of LI to play with as I needed plenty for the interior, but I still wanted to feel as though the landscaping was complete and felt cohesively part of the world the moles created for us. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out!

The front:

fantasy_front_01.thumb.jpg.7ca6d395c8441027df2df73efe0885a5.jpg

fantasy_front_02.thumb.jpg.7f552900b89474eaaa2abaec05e2f750.jpg

fantasy_front_03.thumb.jpg.72a8373715b4c95e0154023badb314a8.jpg

The back:

fantasy_back_01.thumb.jpg.9c7ca7ca7a315d7afa24bb3ffff539d3.jpg

fantasy_back_02.thumb.jpg.70043498b41e4a1d08e2d46f747b0307.jpg

fantasy_back_03.thumb.jpg.3b5943b12616ed4d432307a5a810298a.jpg

The photos were all taken using the default EEP for the region and are unedited (aside from compression to be able to upload here). Some of the atmospheric effects are kind of lost in translation versus walking around in world, but hopefully I captured some of the magical vibes I get lounging in the garden, watching things twinkle and glow subtly to the sound of the river flowing around me.

EDIT: A couple of daylight shots as well, since the others are so dark with the natural night time environment. Yes, it's super simple but hopefully still feels as one with the surrounding mole landscaping:

fantasy_day_01.thumb.jpg.ef1d5cd6e9a89c4184f9d96608966346.jpg

fantasy_day_02.thumb.jpg.16c39ada7b580f0f754926160b461103.jpg

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
Adding daylight photos
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

That is just lovely!  I love the different textures on the house and the wild untamed look of the yard.  I really like that you took the photos during the magical night.  I look forward to seeing the interior. ♥️

Aw, thank you! I was trying to figure out how to fill up the space on a prim budget while keeping the vibe, and the wild grasses and atmospheric effects at 1LI each with a little sparsely placed decor seemed like a good choice for the theme. I would have had more to play with if I wasn't so dead set on using the stone feature the table and chairs are on (it's a whopping 30LI), but I really love it in the corner overlooking the water on both sides. It was one of the first things I set down when doing the garden and I kept coming back to it.

• Like 2

@Cyanide Pixie, you bought the outer wall shell from Paradise Homes too? I saw you left a good review on the interior shell.

I am not a Fantasy fan, but you made me think twice ;) . Perhaps I will try a house like that one day. The house look so much better with those textures. And I also like the stones from the road to the entrance. Would you mind telling where they come from?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

@Cyanide Pixie, you bought the outer wall shell from Paradise Homes too? I saw you left a good review on the interior shell.

I am not a Fantasy fan, but you made me think twice ;) . Perhaps I will try a house like that one day. The house look so much better with those textures. And I also like the stones from the road to the entrance. Would you mind telling where they come from?

Yes, I bought both! I recommend the Paradise Homes shells (for at least the fantasy style) because they are very complete in what you can retexture. Well, you saw my review... I totally wasted my money on a shell by another creator that was missing sections of the interior walls. Plus, being able to put wood floorboards up on the ceiling really gives it more of a historical building vibe versus the modern white plaster the homes come with standard.

The entrance path is an oldie but a goodie from Stormwood: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Stormwood-Cobblestone-Floors-Fatpack/6408864 - I used Floor A from the pack and I sunk it somewhat under the terrain to expose the grass between stones.

And yeah, you sound like me... I really was shocked the fantasy style inspired me so much. Really, it was the most inspired I've been since snagging a houseboat over a year ago (which I still have). Maybe because it is so new to me and got me out a rut of modern furnishings? Plus, the atmosphere is just so lovely... especially that night time glow. Definitely give a fantasy parcel a shot next time you're playing game of homes to see if inspiration strikes you too :)

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.