-Bellisserians Show Off Your Home and Garden-

Blush Bravin
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 2/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, Enola Dethly said:

Come take a look at my Linden Home 🏡

Hello fellow Belliserians!! I finally got around to fully decorating my stilt home, the Lauderdale, and it will be open for you all to come see and maybe get some inspiration for your home. I also send in my application for the Belliseria, Parade of homes and hopefully it gets accepted. You can find the LM when clicking on the picture and you will also find some tips for decorating your Linden Home.

Your house is amazing!! Thnk you so much for allowing us to take a tour! Thanks to you I also discovered a new store and creator (Apple Fall)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I switched from a stilt on land to a log. I was lucky enough to get a parcel in front of a lake and a railroad track in between my home and the said lake (any chance I see a train passing by?)

I am done with decorating (I never am) but unfortunately I've almost reached my prim allowance

1.png

2.png

3.png

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I made some minor changes to the front outside of my new house and added some beams to give the ceiling a little bit of a vaulted look 🙂

1111.png

2222.png

that looks amazing!!!! great work. wish i had that much talent lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mercedes Avon said:

I made some minor changes to the front outside of my new house and added some beams to give the ceiling a little bit of a vaulted look 🙂

1111.png

2222.png

Inspired by Mercedes, I added a portico to my Newbrooke Faraday Home.

faraday portic.jpg

• Like 11

This is very much a first showing. I am unsecure because I am normally an "English cottage garden" gardener with flowers and grass.

I like it and dislike the large backyard the same time. I think I need less pavement  and more of something. The three buxbom groups in each corner... Mmmm. Not sure. The outdoor furniture is too small or I need 2 groups. The firepit is too small.

I like symmetry but are not sure if this is what I want.

I feel very happy about the front (second picture) because it is a narrow strip of land, it only need the round buxbom's to be enough.

Newbrooke Garden

Newbrooke Garden

Newbrooke Garden

Newbrooke Garden

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 30

So here is the kitchen add-on and livingroom. I am very happy with the kitchen, and the livingroom is ok. I itch after filling up with more rugs and knicknack, but I am trying my hardest to keep the clutter down. (hah) The kitchen has too much stuff up in the cabinets, but maybe I change to only closed doors to get a cleaner look.

(You saw that I changed art in the kitchen between snapping pictures?)

Add-On Bellisseria Newbrooke

• Like 31

@Marianne....I would move the firepit up under the trellis with the couches, then put a long planter with colorful flowers, not plants, where the firepit used to be.  To take away that big open cement feeling, I would throw down some dead leaves, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got ideas as soon as i posted the images. Suddenly I saw things. Why must I go to sleep now! Ungh!  

I move the pergola away from the house and add 2 legs so it is freestanding. I move it in the left corner away from the house. In the right corner same base as the pergola, but loungers or something else. Now i have 2 balanced corners. Against the house wall...? I will find out. The pampas grass is maybe living a dangerous life. I can see some buxboms in that line instead. I use either smaller planters or do something different. 2 planters and a bench between? 

Why do we need sleep? 

• Haha 6

26 minutes ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

Great job Marianne. I really like how you did the front of the house. And using the terrace as an extension: great idea.

I am sleeping... Almost. Yea, I should write it is a covered terrace that got walls. It is the Denver house. I believe all the locations I tried had a wall, fence or a road there. I do not like to sit and have a wall 60 cm from me. It should be a view from there. 

It looks very convincing from the front. Walking in the back garden, you can see the doors and windows are not identical, but not so very different. It would be much worse with small cottage windows! 😀 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am sleeping... Almost. Yea, I should write it is a covered terrace that got walls. It is the Denver house. I believe all the locations I tried had a wall, fence or a road there. I do not like to sit and have a wall 60 cm from me. It should be a view from there.

I recognized the Denver house as I chose it to start my Newbrooke experiment. I like the Bradbury as well, especially its huge living area, but the backyard is fully covered by the terrace and I'm not sure I'll be ok with it in the long run. So I've decided to place a 512 house on my 1024 plot to have more green, especially since there's a pond behind my plot. But the Bradbury is definitely a possibility in the future when I'll be bored and need a house makeover.

I totally understand what you mean with the fence or wall where the original terrace is. I haven't even started my outdoors yet but I already see that space as challenging as I don't want a wall right in my face either. I may go with a hedge or a low fence and a few hanging plants so I don't feel walled up but still have some privacy. And I'll probably extend the terrace into the backyard or add some stairs to make a rooftop. I'm just waiting for ideas to pop up in my head 😁 For now I'm slowly but surely moving forward with my indoor decoration but I keep doing and undoing as ideas flow and/or I change my mind about a set-up 🙄

• Like 2

I am much more pleased with this one. Where I had a row of pampas grass, the terrain was a bit uneven. That's why I planted there. But with persistent nudging, i got the gravel up high enough. The fence included in the creator pack is really good and low land impact. It would be even better if it had 6 m stone walls. I took the risk and stretched the 3.2 m to 6-7 m. The texture can handle it, I think. I have as much as 100 Li left. That is awesome. I have also put in a bit essentials in the bedroom and bath, like a bed, sink, toilet and tub. So I can use some furniture with higher Li, maybe.

New Garden Layout

New Garden Layout

New Garden Layout

I had to derender some trees to get clearer images, without so many shadows from them.

I can't have climbing plants grow out of concrete, that is why it is a planter in the corner of the pergola.

• Like 24

On 3/6/2022 at 2:11 PM, Nafoute said:

Your house is amazing!! Thnk you so much for allowing us to take a tour! Thanks to you I also discovered a new store and creator (Apple Fall)

Thank you ! Happy I could introduce you to a new creator :) You can actually find a lot of his items are free in his store. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I am much more pleased with this one. Where I had a row of pampas grass, the terrain was a bit uneven. That's why I planted there. But with persistent nudging, i got the gravel up high enough. The fence included in the creator pack is really good and low land impact. It would be even better if it had 6 m stone walls. I took the risk and stretched the 3.2 m to 6-7 m. The texture can handle it, I think. I have as much as 100 Li left. That is awesome. I have also put in a bit essentials in the bedroom and bath, like a bed, sink, toilet and tub. So I can use some furniture with higher Li, maybe.

New Garden Layout

New Garden Layout

New Garden Layout

I had to derender some trees to get clearer images, without so many shadows from them.

I can't have climbing plants grow out of concrete, that is why it is a planter in the corner of the pergola.

I LOVE your design! It looks fabulous and better then the first design you had which was pretty as well though.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.