I would get a premium membership if __________ (not land or L$)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You actually don't **have** to leave the payment info on file, but you would definitely need to remember to re-add it before the yearly fee is charged again.

11 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Oh, really..... well, then. I guess I have no excuses. 😮 It’s been since ~2012ish since I’ve been premium on any avatar, and I could have sworn you had to leave payment info in. This is interesting! 

11 hours ago, norajulian said:

Oh, really..... well, then. I guess I have no excuses. 😮 It’s been since ~2012ish since I’ve been premium on any avatar, and I could have sworn you had to leave payment info in. This is interesting! 

You've never had to leave it there. Even those who pay for premium monthly have always been able to remove PIOF, although it seems that would get to be a pain in the rear end after a while. One of the reasons being, there are times when customers need to change PIOF and to do that, the existing PIOF has to be removed first. 

Personally, I'm usually pretty picky about where and with whom I leave my payment info on file. Oddly enough, Linden Lab happens to be one of the very few companies I feel relatively confident in. Sure, once in a great while someone gets past security but that's true of many huge corporations (Equifax) and LL has always been on the ball the rare time it occurs. They do get some things right, most of the time.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

I'm actually pretty ready to go premium once the new Linden continent is done. I hope my expectations for it are not too high though. It seems they are going for a very community feel, which I like. Plus, it seems to be relatively uniform and beautiful - no usual mainland anarchy. Since it's connected, I assume you'll be able to go sailing from it. Since there are roads, I assume you can easily drive all around it in you're feeling like it. It seems it'll have walkable sidewalks. Beautiful scenery. All things that will, ideally get people out and about, and not just using their Linden home as someplace to camp and unpack clothes. I hope there are some parks, and maybe the occasional cafe on the continent. I know SL is what you make of it, but I hope this new continent is community focused to the point where it further connects members of the community, instead of just being a place where people go to unbox things.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

It seems they are going for a very community feel, which I like.

no usual mainland anarchy

community is made by the residents, and most don't feel the need to mingle up with neighbours. As in rl .. be friendly to your neighbours, but not be friends, that will end in horror.
Also the big failing in communities is often caused by timezone, your neighbours won't be likely in the same as yours and have totally different ideas how to live their live.

no mainland anarchy is only a matter of patience... i'm not holding my breath on the metnioning the rules will be forced more stricly as now... there is space around the homes, seen some nice examples on some forums already with huge additions .. even within the new rules , that would make the view for neighbours pretty horrible.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

community is made by the residents, and most don't feel the need to mingle up with neighbours. As in rl .. be friendly to your neighbours, but not be friends, that will end in horror.
Also the big failing in communities is often caused by timezone, your neighbours won't be likely in the same as yours and have totally different ideas how to live their live.

no mainland anarchy is only a matter of patience... i'm not holding my breath on the metnioning the rules will be forced more stricly as now... there is space around the homes, seen some nice examples on some forums already with huge additions .. even within the new rules , that would make the view for neighbours pretty horrible.

Oh, it's definitely going to be all up to the resident, as far as interaction goes, but I do feel this continent looks to be at least set up to facilitate more interaction between residents, with its sidewalks and roads and being connected to much of the grid. 

I do agree on some of the additions, if we have the same thing in mind. Since this thread is for what we want in premium memberships: perhaps there could be staff members who have the ability to terraform on the new land, if we want simple things like in-ground pools? I understand not giving us that ability, but perhaps it wouldn't be too much to have staff teleport in and do simple terraform if we want something easy like an in-ground pool that requires terraforming. 

5 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

I'm not sure why everyone thinks this new continent will be SL nirvana. The 512 continents are vast empty wastelands devoid of any people.

The new 1024 continent will be no different.

1 minute ago, stlshayne said:

Oh, it's definitely going to be all up to the resident, as far as interaction goes, but I do feel this continent looks to be at least set up to facilitate more interaction between residents, with its sidewalks and roads and being connected to much of the grid. 

I do agree on some of the additions, if we have the same thing in mind. Since this thread is for what we want in premium memberships: perhaps there could be staff members who have the ability to terraform on the new land, if we want simple things like in-ground pools? I understand not giving us that ability, but perhaps it wouldn't be too much to have staff teleport in and do simple terraform if we want something easy like an in-ground pool that requires terraforming. 

I'm pretty sure you'll have to live with an above ground pool. LL staff is much too busy to take up such requests, and if you get this special treatment, everyone might want one.

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm pretty sure you'll have to live with an above ground pool. LL staff is much too busy to take up such requests, and if you get this special treatment, everyone might want one.

I might be reaching for the moon, or even underestimating the number of people who have premium and would have such requests, but I don't think it would be too insane if there was some sort of ticket-system during office hours that catered to people who were online that you could only use every so often. Would likely be tedious, but it's something. 

LL might also consider making a lot option that already has an in-ground pool, since that seems to be something many are trying to create. This is just a thread for ideas. 

6 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

I might be reaching for the moon, or even underestimating the number of people who have premium and would have such requests, but I don't think it would be too insane if there was some sort of ticket-system during office hours that catered to people who were online that you could only use every so often. Would likely be tedious, but it's something. 

LL might also consider making a lot option that already has an in-ground pool, since that seems to be something many are trying to create. This is just a thread for ideas. 

Oh I understand and yes, everyone is just floating ideas in here.

The covenant for the parcels will tell you what is and isn't allowed.

Please pardon my negativity, i'm still working through my feelings here.

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
two isn't, removed one... was it Freudian?

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Oh I understand and yes, everyone is just floating ideas in here.

The covenant for the parcels will tell you what is and isn't allowed.

Please pardon my negativity, i'm still working through my feelings here.

I understand and empathize with your frustrations. We all just want our SL experience to be the best it can be.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stlshayne said:

Why not just use landscaping material to build up a ground around your pool... ?

Edited by Fionalein

14 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Why not just use landscaping material to build up a ground around your pool... ?

Yeah, I wondered about that too. I can imagine that these pools might be so deep that they'd be sticking up halfway up the ground floor of the house, and that there may not be enough yard to slope reasonable landscaping in which the pool could hide.

Nonetheless, the residents of the new continent should insist on full-perm copies of all terrain textures. It helped a lot on Zindra, and of course the Library textures for the Atoll and other continents.

• Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Honestly, just aesthetically. If LL is about to terraform for us, I'd rather have than the ene "let's make a hill for the in-ground pool" compromise. Not saying the latter doesn't work, just that it's less ideal, and this thread is for possible perks people might want for premium membership. Also, fully agree with the reply that we need the textures used in the new continent, though I expect we'll get those.

Edited by stlshayne

Most of the houses, not all, but I believe three of the four, have a tall enough foundation that with just a little bit of resizing of most pools you should be able to build an extension of the foundation with a couple of steps going up to the pool level. This could be achieved very easily and then the pool would not need any terraforming and would fit into the theme of the neighborhood and not create an eyesore for your neighbor with a huge above ground pool addition.

I'm pretty certain that you're not going to get Lindens or Moles to come in and terraform for you to sink a pool in your yard. 

Edited by Blush Bravin

12 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Most of the houses, not all, but I believe three of the four, have a tall enough foundation that with just a little bit of resizing of most pools you should be able to build an extension of the foundation with a couple of steps going up to the pool level. This could be achieved very easily and then the pool would not need any terraforming and would fit into the theme of the neighborhood and not create an eyesore for your neighbor with a huge above ground pool addition.

I pretty certain that you'd not going to get Lindens or Moles to come in and terraform for you to sink a pool in your yard. 

That's fair. I'm sure this was all considered.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2019 at 5:14 AM, animats said:

One minor bit of mole work on your property per quarter, like a curb cut or minor terraforming so your driveway connects smoothly to a Linden road.

Love THAT! I have some trees infront my house which I would like changed out. Plus more groups.

SteelJane has been making a very valid point here. Any suggestion that makes basic players feel too much like second class risks losing them and regardless of what ethan says a lot of us do contribute significant amounts to the labs bottom line if we rent land. Yes it goes to our landlord first and he takes a small cut but then the bulk of that gets passed straight through to the labs. Lose the private renters then the landlords start giving up the sims they rent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, KanryDrago said:

SteelJane has been making a very valid point here. Any suggestion that makes basic players feel too much like second class risks losing them and regardless of what ethan says a lot of us do contribute significant amounts to the labs bottom line if we rent land. Yes it goes to our landlord first and he takes a small cut but then the bulk of that gets passed straight through to the labs. Lose the private renters then the landlords start giving up the sims they rent.

The elitism (and ageism) that is really starting to show itself in SL is the reason I lost interest and left for 4 years this last time. It's happening all over again. If I leave again, I won't be coming back. I'm fed up with seeing elitism and ageism on a daily basis in the one place I should be able to get away from it, at least temporarily.

We don't just rent land, we buy Ls, too and LL gets their cut of that as well. There's a good chance that LL actually makes more money off basic accounts than they do premiums.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

The elitism (and ageism) that is really starting to show itself in SL is the reason I lost interest and left for 4 years this last time. It's happening all over again. If I leave again, I won't be coming back. I'm fed up with seeing elitism and ageism on a daily basis in the one place I should be able to get away from it, at least temporarily.

We don't just rent land, we buy Ls, too and LL gets their cut of that as well. There's a good chance that LL actually makes more money off basic accounts than they do premiums.

Careful you will end up sounding like Klyntna :)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, KanryDrago said:

Careful you will end up sounding like Klyntna :)

Yeah.... no. That's not how I work. I'll walk away long before it gets to that point. Anger and resentment don't come naturally for me. Strange as that may sound. Most children never had to told to be angry. Never had to learn how to be angry. I did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Yeah.... no. That's not how I work. I'll walk away long before it gets to that point. Anger and resentment don't come naturally for me. Strange as that may sound. Most children never had to told to be angry. Never had to learn how to be angry. I did.

I don't really think she was angry so much as fed up of seeing the same bollocks repeated over and over ad nauseam such as this myth that the labs premium customers are always worth more than basic customers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Ageism by the young or old?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.