I don't understand this game

Silvian73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As in wargames the only correct answer is "the only way to win is not to play" . So merely keep the firestorm on your icon on your desktop and refrain from launching it smug in the knowledge the more you resist the urge the more winning you are

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Talligurl said:

The goal is this.

Whoever gets the most points wins, and points are awarded by giving me Lindens.

See, isn't that simple.

Damn, I was told that whoever has the largest inventory wins. I've been following the wrong track for a long time now.

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Damn, I was told that whoever has the largest inventory wins. I've been following the wrong track for a long time now.

:SwingingFriends:

Shhhh, don't tell the OP, but that is why I need the Lindens.

• Haha 3

On 1/12/2019 at 5:27 PM, Silvian73 said:

I don't understand what and why can/should I do in this game.

Explain me this please.

First, you have to look around and find gold coins (L$). If you have enough, you have to go to the Bald Mountain and trade them for the Scroll of Quests that the Old Wise Man keeps in his cave. I don't want to give away too much, but the first quest involves a lot of scorpion and wild boar killing.

Good luck!

Now, if you will excuse me. I have to finish reading the internet.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Ok, I am sure everyone above has told you that this isn't a game, it has no rules, no set goal that you will "win" when you accomplish it, but I am here to tell you that they are just trying to keep you from learning the goal, so that you cannot win.

The goal is this.

Whoever gets the most points wins, and points are awarded by giving me Lindens.

See, isn't that simple.

Adding this: if you quit, can we have your stuff?

11 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

First, you have to look around and find gold coins (L$). If you have enough, you have to go to the Bald Mountain and trade them for the Scroll of Quests that the Old Wise Man keeps in his cave. I don't want to give away too much, but the first quest involves a lot of scorpion and wild boar killing.

Good luck!

I thought the game was “Quest for Pr0n?”

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:27 AM, Silvian73 said:

I began playing today, completed tutorial, visited some islands, but I completely don't understand this games

1. Why my PC, that can run Battlefield V on ultra and Ark:Survival Evolved on high in 40 FPS have lags in this game with so *****ty graphics(Even Half-life 2 of 2004 look better)?

2.I don't understand what and why can/should I do in this game.

Explain me this please.

To answer your first question OP.

It's honestly bad CODING. My guess OP is that Lindon Labs is  still supporting computers such as ((Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc)) Where they don't want players to actually abuse their 4k resolution computers.

It's quite odd yeah?

To answer your second question OP, there is three things you can really do OP make *****/money, sex, and PVP. You can use the "Search options" to find sims you could perhaps be interested in entering key words such as Western, Combat, Beach, etc.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I know what Linden Lab is but I have never heard of Lindon Labs.

And yes, LL does support older OSes and computers. Not a damn thing wrong with that.

In terms of business it'd be wiser to support only the newer OSes such as Windows 7, 8, and 10. Which would also INCREASE FPS performance greatly. ((for this is what the BEEF of the gaming/2019 audience playerbase has.))

For example, this isn't 2001 where you see this *****... They don't even sell these antiques in the pawn shop.

whats-the-difference-between-broadband-a

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Haselden said:

for this is what the BEEF of the gaming/2019 audience playerbase has.

As part of the 2019 audience I only have this beef...

NCI_Visuals_Food_Hamburger.jpg

please explain how this is incompatiple with older computers...

Also: If you don't like SL, write your own damn game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

There is a "damn thing" wrong with that, though. Two in fact! (Three in this case.)

Money, time, and security.

LL does not support XP either, the minimum requirement for the official viewer is 7.

You're reading way more into my post than what I said. I never claimed LL was supporting XP or anything prior to 7.  You're getting your nose bent out of whack over nothing.

Both you and @Haselden jumped to conclusions that were not based on anything I actually said. There isn't a damn thing wrong with LL supporting 7 and 8.

52 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You're reading way more into my post than what I said. I never claimed LL was supporting XP or anything prior to 7.  You're getting your nose bent out of whack over nothing.

Both you and @Haselden jumped to conclusions that were not based on anything I actually said. There isn't a damn thing wrong with LL supporting 7 and 8.

You replied to Haselden's post where he specifically named XP and Vista and you only said "old OSes." I don't consider Windows 7 old, so I made a reasonable assumption that you were referring to the OSes Haselden originally mentioned.

"My  guess OP is that Lindon Labs is  still supporting computers such as ((Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc))"

"yes, LL does support older OSes and computers. Not a damn  thing wrong with  that."

If this is unreasonable, please explain.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If this is unreasonable, please explain.

Let me just quickly slide in. The discussion is flawed from the start. Haselden is basically in the same camp as our troll OP. He makes assumptions, doesn't unterstand what makes SL different from "games", thinks SLs userbase should be "gamers" and thinks people using anything that isn't a top notch gameing PC is dragging _his_ SL experiance down. Just look at his own threads. I mean... you and Selene wouldn't even argue about OSs, if Haselden wouldn't have randomly thrown in the claim, that SL supports XP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

Let me just quickly slide in. The discussion is flawed from the start. Haselden is basically in the same camp as our troll OP. He makes assumptions, doesn't unterstand what makes SL different from "games", thinks SLs userbase should be "gamers" and thinks people using anything that isn't a top notch gameing PC is dragging _his_ SL experiance down. Just look at his own threads. I mean... you and Selene wouldn't even argue about OSs, if Haselden wouldn't have randomly thrown in the claim, that SL supports XP.

The fact that I didn't quote Haselden's post doesn't mean I agree with him. He's also wrong, because like I said, LL doesn't support XP like he assumed.

I don't invest much attention to these threads beyond watching the fireworks, because of how contentious the term "game" is and how hysterical it makes the users here, but when someone else assumed that someone else's assumption was correct and defended it, it became dumb enough for me to call it out. My initial counterpoint debunked both people, but it was in response specifically to Selene because her defense was poor. (Nothing personal.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Or, present a logical argument that generates a response if general consensus, repudiating the ridiculous assertions in the original post. 

When scrolling down to see your answer, I assumed the condition to win was posting lion reaction pictures...now I'm sort of disappointed.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2019 at 10:03 PM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Good luck!

And yet, we had someone asking for how to improve their avatar's "dance skill." They were told that they could do this by:

1) Clicking on an arbitrary object in a specific location for a temporary increase in their avatar's ability to dance.

2) Go other specific locations where they could get dance skills (i.e. animations) for free.

or

3) Trading tokens (L$) which can be obtained in a large variety of ways for this same increased dance skill.

This really is no different from the process in most environments that are generally considered "games", we simply use less poetic words. As far as Second Life not having a "win/lose" condition that's built in rather than being decided by the participants, neither do "games" like the Sims series or Dungeons and Dragons.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1931 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.