I don't understand this game

Silvian73

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

To summarize:

1. Second Life is a bad game.

2. No, it’s not a game in the traditional sense. And it’s not bad for people with decent hardware and internet.

3. Yes, it can be a game if you approach it that way.

4. I will argue to the dearth that it’s not a game.

5. But eeet eeeeeezzz a gaaaaame!

6. No it’s not. 

7. SHUT UP!!!1!2!

Repeat ad infinitum.

8. No U!

• Like 1

To be honest.. Second Life is not the same game since it was first created. Back then there was nothing but land, roads, and telehubs. Today.. it's a great place to spend time, relax, & enjoy with friends. There is no system to follow.

As for what you do with the time given.. that is up to the user. The market has been cornered by some very good and talented creators. If you are looking to make money you need a new concept that hasn't been introduced yet.

One thing I always tell new players.. Not everyone owns land, but everyone has an avatar. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Edited by AngeliqueMinogue

On 1/12/2019 at 11:27 AM, Silvian73 said:

I began playing today, completed tutorial, visited some islands, but I completely don't understand this games

1. Why my PC, that can run Battlefield V on ultra and Ark:Survival Evolved on high in 40 FPS have lags in this game with so *****ty graphics(Even Half-life 2 of 2004 look better)?

2.I don't understand what and why can/should I do in this game.

Explain me this please.

I think the short answer to the first question is that this is a world with user-made content. The games you are use to are all made uniformly by the game devs so they control its view. You can set your graphics sliders downward to accommodate user-generated content that is complex. Putting the draw distance down below 100 generally ensures less lag, plus getting rid of shadows, etc. This is on Me/Preferences/Graphics.

There isn't a set thing to do. If you get off the train in Grand Central Station in New York City, there isn't a set thing to do. But you can grab tourist brochures, use Yelp and Google with search terms and then you will find the things of interest to you, whether "sports" or "sex" or "tours" or whatever. You can also just walk/fly around and see if anything captures your fancy.
Use the search/places and the events list with terms of things you are interested in as well.

PS: the game is only 15 years old, and I have not been beaten yet, even by 50,000-person raids. 

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

Find a person willing to act as your guide and discuss those things with them. In fact, feel free to message me, I'm happy to be your guide during this early stage. Welcome to SL.

On 1/12/2019 at 8:27 AM, Silvian73 said:

I began playing today, completed tutorial, visited some islands, but I completely don't understand this games

1. Why my PC, that can run Battlefield V on ultra and Ark:Survival Evolved on high in 40 FPS have lags in this game with so *****ty graphics(Even Half-life 2 of 2004 look better)?

2.I don't understand what and why can/should I do in this game.

Explain me this please.

Second Life is a flexible 3D environment that gives you a dizzying number of options on how you can spend your time. The more you learn, the more fun you will have with it, at least that's been my personal experience. Tons of music venues and social sites to meet people if you like socializing. If you like tinkering and building, you can create. There are games, treasure hunts and events. Interesting discussion groups based on interest.

Don't give up, if you persevere it can become a lot more interesting. There's a learning curve.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.