Grant and corrupt a wish game

Ansiri

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I wish I understood PBR.

Granted! Pabst Blue Ribbon, commonly abbreviated PBR, is an American lager beer sold by Pabst Brewing Company, established in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in 1844 and currently based in San Antonio. Originally called Best Select, and then Pabst Select, the current name comes from the blue ribbons tied around the bottle’s neck between 1882 and 1916.

Gottlieb and Frederika Pabst and their twelve-year-old son Frederick arrived in the United States in 1848 and settled in Chicago where Frederick eventually found work on the ships of Lake Michigan. In 1862, Frederick married Maria Best, daughter of Philip Best, whose father Jacob Best founded the Best Brewing Company, and in 1863 Frederick became a brewer at his father-in-law's brewery.

When Philip Best retired to Germany in 1867, Pabst and Emil Schandein – his sister-in-law's husband and the vice-president of Best Brewery – worked to transform the company into one of the nation's largest brewers, capitalizing on, among other things, the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 that destroyed nineteen Chicago breweries and helped position Milwaukee as the leading beer-producing city in the United States.In 1889, Schandein died, leaving Pabst as president and his widow, Lisette Schandein, as vice-president. In 1890, Pabst changed the "Best" letterhead to "Pabst" and the Pabst Brewing Company officially began.

Sales of Pabst peaked at 18 million barrels in 1977. In 1980 it was still third in sales in the U.S. Between 1980 and 1981 the company had four different CEOs, and by 1982 it slipped to fifth.

In 1996, Pabst headquarters left Milwaukee,and the company ended beer production at its main complex there. By 2001, the brand's sales were below a million barrels.

In 2010, food industry executive C. Dean Metropoulos bought the company for a reported $250 million. In 2011, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission forced two advertising executives to cease efforts to raise $300 million to buy the Pabst Brewing Company. The two had raised over $200 million by crowdsourcing, collecting pledges via their website, Facebook, and Twitter. In 2015, Pabst won the "best large brewing company of the year" award at the Great American Beer Festival.

Pabst Blue Ribbon is now available in several international markets, including Australia (where it is brewed locally), Canada, Ukraine, Russia, Dominican Republic, Brazil and China.

Wish: that I owned a live-in robot cleaner 🤖

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Granted, but it she only cleans robots. Its what robot cleaners do, y'know.

I wish it was summer.

Granted, but as they say - "summer better than others" and it's an AWFUL summer.  Only "mad dogs and Englishmen" would be out in it.

I wish that I was retired.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wish that I was retired.

Granted, but the rest of your life will be terribly boring.

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

but as they say - "summer better than others" and it's an AWFUL summer.  Only "mad dogs and Englishmen" would be out in it.

I wish that Love would realise that it's the midday sun that only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in :D

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I wish that Love would realise that it's the midday sun that only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in :D

I knew that already (my dad had a 78RPM of it for his Victrola), but I would think it's fair to say, the midday sun is worse in Summer. In case you missed my point..

11 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I knew that already (my dad had a 78RPM of it for his Victrola), but I would think it's fair to say, the midday sun is worse in Summer. In case you missed my point..

Except you said that "it's an AWFUL summer.  Only "mad dogs and Englishmen" would be out in it." ;)

And you didn't grant my wish! >:(

On 4/4/2024 at 12:13 AM, Phil Deakins said:

Granted but at midday each day, she bursts forth into a full Noel Coward performance, regardless of where she is. On the toilet? Noel Coward. In work? Noel Coward.

I wish that I could travel the galaxy, via teleportation.

26 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I wish that I could travel the galaxy, via teleportation.

Granted! But it occasionally glitches and you wind up naked and floating a few feet off the surface of the planet you've arrived on and the store/civilization you thought would be there has moved, and there's only a For Rent sign there now.

I wish I had a better grasp of SL scripting.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Granted, but you soon wish you hadn't wished it because you find too many people, who don't read your instructions, asking you for help because they can't get your stuff to work, and you spend half your days dealing with them.

I wish I was 16 again :)

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I wish I was 16 again :)

Granted, but all your friends are also 16, and all of you are stressed-out about the trig test tomorrow, and because you're 16 it takes forever for tomorrow to arrive.

I wish AI would hurry up and make me its pet.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Susie Ashdene said:

Granted. Enjoy your trip to the vet tomorrow.

I wish I were a virtuoso musician.

...to get neutered.

Granted, but the only instrument you can play are bagpipes.

I wish I had enough money so I would never have to work again.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Granted, but tomorrow you sprout wings.

I wish people would be kind to each other.

But I wouldn't mind wings at all. :)

Your wish is granted, but they're only kind when it suits them. :(

I wish I knew when people were lying. :/

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Granted, but now we can only post 5 posts each per day. 😥

I wish I were a better person.

I'll take a crack at this one!

You're a better person, so now you look down on everyone else, and thus you are no longer a better person.

I wish that I could get started making music.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1