Grant and corrupt a wish game

Ansiri

9 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I wish that we remember to finally buy those tree-light batteries tomorrow before pathetic guttering flicker turns to 'are these just ornaments, I thought they were tree-lights?'

Granted, but they are super powerful and bust the lights and set fire to the tree.

I wish my mother in law would stop talking for five minutes or however long it takes for me to lose this headache that's been induced by the endless wittering.

(I love her really.)

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 1

Granted but she decides to take up mime and get in your face with her latest performance ideas instead.

I wish I had an extra 20 hours of casual-work that I could fit around my kids and business each week. Or an extra 8 hours of business clients, of course.

Edited by LexxiXhan
'extrat' didn't do it for me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

I wish I had an extra 20 hours of casual-work that I could fit around my kids and business each week. Or an extra 8 hours of business clients, of course.

Granted but you hate the work and discover too late that the going rate is a third of what you thought it was.

I wish I had a beautiful new dress for New Year's Eve that fits and flatters me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Granted, but you grow suspicious of the flattery when you catch the dress saying nice things about others that you know are simply not true.

I wish road salt was Kosher.

Granted, all road salt is Kosher from now on, but in the meantime you found true meaning in staying where you are x

I wish the rest of this, would pass, like they say it will, in the meaningless memes.

• Like 1

Momentary OT digressions...

@Raspberry Crystal, you actually have a battery-powered tree???  I've never seen one.  Our tree plugs into the wall, like a decent, climate-change-denying Christmas tree should.

Speaking of which, I read an article the other day on the relative merits, carbon-footprint-wise, of real Christmas trees vs. artificial trees.  Turns out that both are not so great for the environment.  So I guess that tradition is soon to go the way of the Great Auk.

And the Caribbean cruise we're going on soon?  Yeah...those giant cruise ships have an enormous carbon footprint too.

And the internet!  Hey, all those posts you're making and streaming videos you're watching?  They're killing the planet.  Cut it out.

I hope (not wish!) that we'll find a way to keep our high-tech civilization AND save the environment.  Otherwise, we had all better start studying how to live an Amish lifestyle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Granted, all road salt is Kosher from now on, but in the meantime you found true meaning in staying where you are x

I wish the rest of this, would pass, like they say it will, in the meaningless memes.

Granted, the rest of this shall pass, like they say it will, in the meaningless memes. I have no idea to what "this" nor to which "they" you refer, and can only assume that if you had known you would have said so. 

I wish this thread would turn around and stop being a contest over who can articulate the most meaningless wish   

• Like 1

Granted, but you have 

3 minutes ago, Odaks said:

Granted, but it is so fruitful that your trying is now buried in rotting windfalls and wasps swarm unchecked..

I wish I could pick my blueberries faster than birds can.

Granted, but only because you take a cold shower and they're only light blue now. 

I wish freenus wasn't a thing.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

Granted, but they start using trumpets instead, and it becomes obvious they have no relevant training. 

I wish Animesh were here. 

Granted, but it turns out to not really interest a lot of people, except for annoying attachments.

I wish people,e actually played with my Animesh NPCs before I decided to just give up on them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desiree Moonwinder said:

I wish the free mesh avatars were better. 

Granted!  They are now so spectacular that people wear them exclusively.  In addition, Linden Homes are now so wonderful that no one wants to live in anything else.  All SL creators go out of business, as well as all landlords and private estate owners...and they all file suit against you for ruining their livelihoods.

I wish I didn't have so many leftover Christmas cookies to eat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I wish I didn't have so many leftover Christmas cookies to eat.

Granted, I ate them all, and all your other yummy festive leftovers, except for the meat ones, which I gave to my carnivorous in laws and their dogs.

I wish I could be the only one allowed into the January sales.

• Like 1

Granted, but that app drains the battery on your phone so quickly that you end up having nothing to do but talk to the real people nearby.

I wish I could get inside the head of the fella who chatted me up in the hot-tub at the fitness center today...

Him: So, what did you do for Christmas?
Me: I went to the usual extended family get-together. You?
Him: Oh, nothing... (long pause)... I went to Mexico for a couple days.
Me: Lovely! When did you get back?
Him: Yesterday, I left on the 16th... (long pause)... no, on the 12th.
Me: And you returned to weather that's not much different than Mexico!
Him: Yeah, it's great. There's no reason to go back.
Me: Back? You must have a lot of vacation time!
Him: No, work starts again on Monday.

• Confused 1