What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Ultimate Peeve Advisor...
I caught an in-world text/group conversation the other week where someone commented that "They liked the old forums better". 😆
I laughed and thought, yes well that speaks volumes about you as a person "old forum lover" - lol

Here's to ye-olde forums and the dysfunction now creeping into this one!  🤢💩🤮

Some days I would prefer the old forums. I mean the oooold forums. The original one. Like from 2004/5. When Anshe went 🦇💩🤪 after LL put her account on hold for nonpayment and she couldn't log in. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Some days I would prefer the old forums. I mean the oooold forums. The original one. Like from 2004/5. When Anshe went 🦇💩🤪 after LL put her account on hold for nonpayment and she couldn't log in. 

The most recent ones I should have clarified. :) I wasn't around for the very early ones.

And umm... on reading back a little, I.... couldn't help but wonder....(out loud in images - lol)...🤔 

Pene1bd98103c5ca4f11619b699ca19015ef.jpg

Edited by Maryanne Solo
Crat$hitBazy lolololololololololololololololololololol
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm a clique. All by myself.

(No one else wants to join . . .)

This is truer than you may have thought. Although I would personally have described you as a forum institute: you're grande, artistic, talented, articulate, erudite, and funny to boot. 🏆 People may not want to join you, but no one gets around you, and everyone secretly (or not so secretly 😁) wished they were like you.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

This is truer than you may have thought. Although I would personally have described you as a forum institute: you're grande, artistic, talented, articulate, erudite, and funny to boot. 🏆 People may not want to join you, but no one gets around you, and everyone secretly (or not so secretly 😁) wished they were like you.

YOU FORGOT SEXY TO DIE FOR!

Thank you, Kira; you are incredibly sweet . . . and possibly a bit near-sighted . . .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

to each their own, at the end of the day what matters is how the person getting them thinks about them or interprets them.

none of the negative responses really matter to me. I think their amusing when used.

Oh what would some people do if LL ever decided to reformat the forum and reboot it and start everyone at ground zero again..I can see the flames now.. and it would be glorious.

You've said that you're speaking for those who have been treated rudely here in the forums. Why are you feeling the need to do this?  If things weren't getting to you, why not just let it go? Why is it worth so much of your time to make post after post? I'm honestly curious why not just let it go and move on since there are so many other more interesting things to be spending your time on than getting a type of revenge? Is this really worth your time and energy?

I've always been mostly a lurker here besides when I'm comfortable because I'm so darn shy. In the last year, I tried so hard to open up in these forums and to actually be receptive to others. It wasn't easy. I have learned a lot from the experience. It really has been made clear by many I just don't fit in or belong here. I didn't go on a tirade. I didn't make a huge announcement I was leaving. It wasn't my problem or something I should waste my time worrying about. I simply left and closed myself off to everyone besides my family and friends. I just made a promise to myself to avoid the forum besides a few threads in the Linden Home section of the Land Forums. Now that I've broken that promise to myself, time to go lecture myself and reestablish said promise.

Just some gentle advice. Don't get so caught up that you lose sight of good intentions turning into a toxic crusade if not careful. ;)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

WOW! Lyrical. I've always thoroughly enjoyed your comments & contributions.
You are one of those posters that when I see your name I just think, oh cool what's Lyrical got to say about it all ^^?
A shame others might have made you feel that way :(

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Pet peeve.  I went to bed and you all OD'd on Taylor and not one of you thought to leave me a Jason to wake up to.   

I need an epic flounce but can't beat the Prince one 

600293210_walkaway.gif.6d1f0d005a7184c88595e5c6ce147d15.gif

Yours was plenty cute, though. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LyricalBookworm said:

You've said that you're speaking for those who have been treated rudely here in the forums. Why are you feeling the need to do this?  If things weren't getting to you, why not just let it go? Why is it worth so much of your time to make post after post? I'm honestly curious why not just let it go and move on since there are so many other more interesting things to be spending your time on than getting a type of revenge? Is this really worth your time and energy?

I've always been mostly a lurker here besides when I'm comfortable because I'm so darn shy. In the last year, I tried so hard to open up in these forums and to actually be receptive to others. It wasn't easy. I have learned a lot from the experience. It really has been made clear by many I just don't fit in or belong here. I didn't go on a tirade. I didn't make a huge announcement I was leaving. It wasn't my problem or something I should waste my time worrying about. I simply left and closed myself off to everyone besides my family and friends. I just made a promise to myself to avoid the forum besides a few threads in the Linden Home section of the Land Forums. Now that I've broken that promise to myself, time to go lecture myself and reestablish said promise.

Just some gentle advice. Don't get so caught up that you lose sight of good intentions turning into a toxic crusade if not careful. ;)

Just to say, I like your photos.

And you should never feel pushed out of anywhere, certainly not these forums.

Sometimes it does get a bit too toxic, and my pet peeve is when people gang up and go at a particular person like a dog with a bone and somehow act like they've achieved something. That is plain and simply school yard bullying. And then THEY have the audacity to complain about all their haters and trolls. 

And, at the end of the day, it isn't actually making anyone happy or more fulfilled. 

And on here, it makes Linden Lab look bad too - mods, sort your act out!

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Pet peeve.. still no jason and too much arguing about trolls 

jason_voorhees.jpeg.jpg.62d13d0af82368d4b029db270a3acaa6.jpg

You' re welcome.

ETA : Wut ? .. it IS Jason .. :|

Edited by TDD123
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Pet peeve.. still no jason and too much arguing about trolls 

Peeve : ... Never good enough for some .. twice

aquaman-1-2000x1333-1540205008.jpg.6845f0033937f6dfa83da80a73a79298.jpg

You' re welcome. Again.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I feel like the forums software is about to crash and die. Just like when we had the powercuts in the early 1970s, we'd get a warning before the lights went out for four hours at a time, as the lights would dip for a few seconds beforehand. Whenever I post currently, there is a s-l-o-w feel, and people keep double-posting. 

Batten down the hatches people! We may be in for a bumpy ride!!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.