What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

as I said before im blunt and brutal. it keeps those away from me that cant deal with it.  which is fine with me. im not a socialite or social butterfly nor do i need or want to be.

First sentence- Aren't those same traits the ones that enticed you to come after me? Do you hate yourself that badly?

Third sentence- Then why are you here in this social forum?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Seicher Rae said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Trying to protect people others are attacking ...

Funny thing, I've never seen anyone ever ask for your "protection" and quite a few people who don't seem too thrilled by it.Unless you're talking your alts, like Kiera and...

There have been those who appreciated it....those who were on the receiving end of your bullying...

And you know, when you start with the alt paranoia well your position is obviously shaky...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Well, it can be a very hard lesson to learn. However, I do agree.

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Het puntje van een gaeuwe pen is 't felste wapen dat ick ken. - Jacob Cats

ETA : Do not underestimate the power of the words YOU choose. My final entry to this thread.

ETA2 : IBTL

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You are forgetting that some are here to connect with others in a vulnerable way, receive support or friendship. So they don't want to exist as a deranged type of Yogi.

not deranged, just logical to a fault perhaps.

Why do you feel the need to inflict your "logic" way of relating on people who enjoy the emotional component of relating as well?  Doesn't seem like a good fit, unless your motive is to annoy others....???

6 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Well, it can be a very hard lesson to learn. However, I do agree.

This is assuming some very important things, however. That is assuming the person actively tries, and I've known gurus (literally) who have been known to still get affected by words, we are all human (theoretically). Also it is assuming that the person has the capacity for that type of work. Things like clinical depression, PTSD, and other things can impinge on one's ability to choose. Assuming that everyone on the Internet meets the requirement for words not to hurt is arrogant, and a few other things.

ETA: Just so you know, I'm not referring to you, Skukubia, as arrogant.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1

I have a bunch of pet peeves, to be honest with you. I think we all do, and this forum post is a great way to be able to openly talk about it. Anywhosers, with the pandemic and all. My big pet peeve is when people take like an hour to look around and shop. And I don't mean like they are constantly shopping, I mean they are looking around, touching everything, and just taking their sweet time. Now I don't know about you, but it is a pain to stand outside and wait. It is also a pain to watch someone's grubby paws, without any gloves on touch everything they are looking at. In SL, when an event releases and you go to check it out and it's a themed event and barely anything there is too the damn theme.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

First sentence- Aren't those same traits the ones that enticed you to come after me? Do you hate yourself that badly?

Third sentence- Then why are you here in this social forum?

you dont have to be social to be here or have a reason to be here. no I dont hate myself at all. nice try..i know what I am and accept it. I dont hide from it or shame it or be embarrassed by it. nor can I be humiliated or degraded or devalued because of it. no one but me decides my value.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Why do you feel the need to inflict your "logic" way of relating on people who enjoy the emotional component of relating as well?  Doesn't seem like a good fit, unless your motive is to annoy others....???

not to annoy but yes to stir up the pot at times or things get stagnant and stale. which makes for a boring life. why should I let anyone inflict their emotional way of relating to people on me?

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Um, people . . . walk away from this. Stop responding.

This is really and truly going to get this thread shut down.

Good advice in some instances...but this person has been extremely disruptive lately...and it's come to a kind of showdown.  I think most are quite sick of it. Not saying this will do any good for sure, but something needs to happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

not to annoy but yes to stir up the pot at times or things get stagnant and stale. which makes for a boring life. why should I let anyone inflict their emotional way of relating to people on me?

You need a smaller spoon, believe me.

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Um, people . . . walk away from this. Stop responding.

This is really and truly going to get this thread shut down.

:::sighs:::

Yes, Mistress.

I admit I suck at the adulting thing.

Please forgive me, Mistress.

:::goes off to polish the silver but not before...::::

image.png.5a6fe40e292001897a5743bb97fcde11.png

I really do have too much fun with this ^^^ theme, Scylla. Maybe I should discuss this in therapy?

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You need a smaller spoon, believe me.

or a bigger spoon that knows what to do at times..

If you're seen as simply a disruptive person nobody will listen to you, so your efforts at 'enlightening' everyone with logic will have little to none effect.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Surely not. But what you are doing isn' t debating either. It' s counter-effective to any form of genuine discussion.

No one wins anything like this.

You got mad at me for defending a friend, then blocked me, taking away my ability to discuss anything with you. No one wins that way, either.

To everyone - I am so f**king sick of all this stupid bickering, fighting, back-stabbing, undermining, targeting, disruptive horse sh!t being driven by being locked down, scared, uncertain, and all of us stuck in this stupid mess together, and being prodded by a couple of bitter alts pushing all this destructive, asinine behavior on EVERYONE'S part as some kind of sick, twisted amusement at seeing everyone miserable.

F**k that. F**K THAT.

We are better than this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

If you're seen as simply a disruptive person nobody will listen to you, so your efforts at 'enlightening' everyone with logic will have little to none effect.

for some but not always for all. its a give and take experience with varied outcomes, which im ok with. i dont try to win everyone over, im not that egotistical..unlike some here can be.

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

JFC people, is there a contest this week to see who can shut down the most threads?

If someone is being a horse's arse, put them on Ignore. If many someones are being horse's arses, put them ALL on Ignore.

Then let it go and enjoy the forums.

See above "sucking at adulting" thing. 😞

:::kisses Sylvia's foot too before cleaning that silver. I hate cleaning silver. I dawdle.:::

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

JFC people, is there a contest this week to see who can shut down the most threads?

If someone is being a horse's arse, put them on Ignore. If many someones are being horse's arses, put them ALL on Ignore.

Then let it go and enjoy the forums.

even if you put them on ignore they can still see what you say and react to it and you will still see the reaction, plus if anyone quotes them you will see what was said then too.

and even if put on ignore does not mean they wont continue to reply and others will see it anyways. not everyone that replies cares who does or does not see it. they reply just because they can.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

This has been brewing for a couple weeks now, hasn't it? 

No one here has to like anyone else. No one has to respond to anyone else. But common decency and respect... God, have we really lost those to the point this is becoming Lord of the Flies?!

Every single one of us has the right to be here, and every single one of us has a right to post our opinions. We also have the choice of whether or not we're going to fight for those opinions when someone wants to disagree, or walk away. No one is better or worse than anyone else for how they chose to respond. 

We're all just freaking humans trying to survive our years as best we can. 

There are a couple people who've just recently appeared and it seems that their intent is to be disruptive. Nothing else. There is no topic they are passionate about, nothing about SL they want to discuss, they just want to poke and prod and disrupt. That behavior isn't going unnoticed by the ones with the powers to do something about it. 

You never know who is reading. 

These forums have been my social life for the past couple of months. Like many of you, I live alone. We need this place. I'm not going to let some bored little twerps take it from me. 

Let the Lindens come in tomorrow morning and clean all this sh!t up. Close the threads they need to close, delete the comments they need to delete, hand out the suspensions they need to hand out. 

This crap behavior needs to end. Call me a bossy b!tch if you want. I'm happy to give you 20 other ways to contact me off these forums to hash out whatever personal beef you have with me. 

But this crap needs to stop. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.