Jump to content

What are some of your pet peeves?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

not to all people perhaps, but it does show the shadow side of their personality that they think they can hide or say doesn't exist.

I've been waiting to use this one!

tumblr_m4y5wbaytk1r5g67po1_500.gif.d79f4830ab06184dae9c92c5bc4aa796.gif

We all know we're effed up. It's what makes us human. I know better than anyone how effed up I am and can list every one of my flaws in alphabetical order categorized by biological or emotional area in bullet points with proper indentation and footnotes AND the medication I take for it. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh I just have one pet peeve. I really can't stand people who are annoyed by either of the following: empty profiles, 'unreadable' fonts, unmatching body parts, flexi prims, AO-less avis, jazz hands,

DJs/hosts teleport inviting their "friends"

I'm not apportioning blame for what's been going on in this forum recently, because that's one thing that appears to start a thread on its downward spiral. Like many of us here - I am absolutely

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

I have a peeve that I can't wear red lipstick, or rather can't pull it off like Taylor does.

Don't even get me started on the damn red lipstick thing. I can't do it either. I used to be able to do it when I was younger, but now that I'm 50 and there are those little lines and it just bleeds and looks ridiculous. I've tried all the damn tricks, none of them work, and I end up looking like an even more cartoonish version of Tammy Fay Bakker.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Why do you just want them to show their shadow side?  Don't they have a nice side too?

simple to prove to them they do have one and they are not as great a person as think they are at times. so maybe just maybe they will think a little before responding to someone new or old in these forums without any thought to how it might affect them.

call me a mirror if you wish. but one that shows the ugly side back to people if needed. call me coyote or loki or many other similar names. if they cand handle me then how are they going to handle someone worse than me, ive actually been pretty tame with my responses compared to what I could be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

I've been waiting to use this one!

tumblr_m4y5wbaytk1r5g67po1_500.gif.d79f4830ab06184dae9c92c5bc4aa796.gif

We all know we're effed up. It's what makes us human. I know better than anyone how effed up I am and can list every one of my flaws in alphabetical order categorized by biological or emotional area in bullet points with proper indentation and footnotes AND the medication I take for it. 

FALSE! PATENTLY LYING! GET THE BOOK OUT!

I have zero flaws. None. They are features, not bugs. And always adorably hilarious!

 

 

tenor (4).gif

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Why use it when people just peek anyway like you obviously are?

 

Maybe for the same reason I had you on iggie for so long? It kept the peace for a while didn't it? And look at us now. Somehow we've become friends. Imagine that. :D

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
9 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Why do you just want them to show their shadow side?  Don't they have a nice side too?

simple to prove to them they do have one and they are not as great a person as think they are at times. so maybe just maybe they will think a little before responding to someone new or old in these forums without any thought to how it might affect them.

call me a mirror if you wish. but one that shows the ugly side back to people if needed. call me coyote or loki or many other similar names. if they cand handle me then how are they going to handle someone worse than me, ive actually been pretty tame with my responses compared to what I could be.

There has been more scapegoating going on than usual lately...did that start to bother you and so is why you entered the forum to try and change it?

Edited by Luna Bliss
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

There has been more scapegoating going on than usual lately...did that start to bother you and so is why you entered the forum to try and change it?

perhaps...perhaps it was just because I got tired of seeing new residents treated like shiat at times by some members here because they thought it was ok to be rude to them and didnt have to care if bothered them. so it brought out MY shadow side just a tiny wee little bit. give people a taste of their own medicine regardless if liked it or wanted it or not.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Maybe for the same reason I had you on iggie for so long?

That insight was very .. surprising to watch.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

original.gif.5042b2f01f201c274dc262198583c502.gif

What's funny is that you keep accusing everyone else of doing exactly what you're doing... 

Luna, where is the DSM-5? We really do need it now.

 

I dunno where you come up with these, LOL, but they fit the moment so well, its really high time we reaffirm your goddess/queen status regarding everything Taylor Swift, and gifs of her! 🏆

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Don't even get me started on the damn red lipstick thing. I can't do it either. I used to be able to do it when I was younger, but now that I'm 50 and there are those little lines and it just bleeds and looks ridiculous. I've tried all the damn tricks, none of them work, and I end up looking like an even more cartoonish version of Tammy Fay Bakker.

No way.

t1port-tammy-faye-cnn.jpg?w=584

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

:::sighs:::

Yes, Mistress.

I admit I suck at the adulting thing.

Please forgive me, Mistress.

:::goes off to polish the silver but not before...::::

image.png.5a6fe40e292001897a5743bb97fcde11.png

I really do have too much fun with this ^^^ theme, Scylla. Maybe I should discuss this in therapy?

Oh my.

You know, I'm not.

But if I were . . .

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Maybe for the same reason I had you on iggie for so long? It kept the peace for a while didn't it? And look at us now. Somehow we've become friends. Imagine that. :D

And that's the thing. Most of us on here can have our blowups, and god knows you and I did, then we stay mad for a while, and then we realize we actually have some things in common, and we get to know each other a little bit, and it's all okay. 

I had Selene on ignore, too, for quite a while. Now she's absolutely one of my most favorite people here. 

Will we always agree on everything? Of course not. But we don't have to do so much damage to each other that it can't be healed with a little time and respect for each other.

Most of the people I've had pretty heated disagreements with here are the people I respect most. I care about what they think, otherwise why would I bother making an attempt to show them my side of things? 

No one here is inherently evil (I hope). We're all just trying to occupy the same space and not kill each other and maybe laugh a bunch. 

And, @kiramanell, there really is a Taylor Swift gif for everything.

Goodnight!

<<<<<aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I can't post the appropriate TS gif because the file is too big and I'm getting the -200 error message and can't be buggered to go back and fix it. It was a really good one, too!>>>>>

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

There has been more scapegoating going on than usual lately...did that start to bother you and so is why you entered the forum to try and change it?

perhaps...perhaps it was just because I got tired of seeing new residents treated like shiat at times by some members here because they thought it was ok to be rude to them and didnt have to care if bothered them. so it brought out MY shadow side just a tiny wee little bit. give people a taste of their own medicine regardless if liked it or wanted it or not.

Well my motto has always been that you can tell the most about a person by how they treat a stranger, or perhaps someone they're not seeking approval from, or someone they feel safe in scapegoating.  I know for certain that on another forum, long ago and far away, I learned who I would never in a million years be friends with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

simple to prove to them they do have one and they are not as great a person as think they are at times. so maybe just maybe they will think a little before responding to someone new or old in these forums without any thought to how it might affect them.

call me a mirror if you wish. but one that shows the ugly side back to people if needed. call me coyote or loki or many other similar names. if they cand handle me then how are they going to handle someone worse than me, ive actually been pretty tame with my responses compared to what I could be.

This. @Drakonadrgora Darkfold 's responses have not been rude or attacking. Whether or not you agree with what she is saying is one thing. Her responses are not driven from emotion. 

Some of the peoples replies in this thread come from a completely emotional standpoint. A few posters are passive aggressive as well, but keep pointing fingers at others.

I really enjoy reading the forums. I am lurking ninety-eight percent of the time. Maybe if people could honestly take their own advice, think a bit before posting a reply. Everyone does have a right to post and participate in threads. We are all entitled to our own opinions, even if others disagree. If we could all take just a breather, a moment, before posting a reply, maybe it won't come from an emotional place.

Also, I don't believe that strong willed people who stand by their views are trolls. 

And please, let's drop all the alt posting accusations. 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

<<<<<aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I can't post the appropriate TS gif because the file is too big and I'm getting the -200 error message and can't be buggered to go back and fix it. It was a really good one, too!>>>>>

 

 

tenor-224101455.gif

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luna Bliss said:

  I know for certain that on another forum, long ago and far away, I learned who I would never in a million years be friends with.

I learned that lesson on several places. and I can remember everyone of them to this day over a decade ago as if it was yesterday.

people want to see me as the bully thats fine I can be the bad guy if that is what it takes. I no longer let that bother me anymore like I would have years ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pet peeve #3: Horrid body proportions in SL confused with being accurate portrayals of the actual human body. I remember many times people in game calling my avie a noodle, anorexic, and Slenderman on a few occasions. But, these are the same people whose hips make Mrs.Incredible look like nothing. 😂😂 Also, mega thighs. 

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
Trying to lighten the mood believe it or not. Good mood is due to fasting for four days straight.
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

I no longer let that bother me anymore like I would have years ago.

Just as long as one doesn't close up too much....

Must hit the hay....laggy laggy mind....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...