What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

30 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I've been waiting to use this one!

tumblr_m4y5wbaytk1r5g67po1_500.gif.d79f4830ab06184dae9c92c5bc4aa796.gif

We all know we're effed up. It's what makes us human. I know better than anyone how effed up I am and can list every one of my flaws in alphabetical order categorized by biological or emotional area in bullet points with proper indentation and footnotes AND the medication I take for it. 

I can do the same thing... i know im not perfect, never claimed I was. otherwise I would not be here in sl being a dragonness..

Encore performance

Pet peeve #5367.1b : Having someone from the old Forums say they never liked me 😞 AND I DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE! They never were noticable enough to hit my radar! 😞 😞

It happened a few times, the last one just mere days ago. "...And you are???" Very sad.

Pet peeve #5368: The formatting of these posts. After a year of this platform and I still can't figure out how to place images without sometimes posting and then editing, which probably leads to OTHER PEOPLE's peeves of

Pet peeve: Liking a comment only to have the author edit the comment and you go back and read the comment after the edit and you're all like, "WTF? I didn't like THAT?!"

TSwift-20.gif

I'm looking at you @kiramanell (for the liking after editing part!)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Anti-pet peeve (which is kind of on topic, right?): For every sarcastic/scorn 😄 response I get, I get at least a point toward increasing my forum standing. I don't take stock in the ratings, but some people do, so "thank you." ♥

Yes -- looking on the positive side of things.

2 hours ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

works the same for others too. :P

Which is why I dole out my scornful laughter very, very carefully these days.  

Confusion and Sadness do not raise the ratings, so I've started tossing in more of those.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last pet peeve for the day: Trying to find androgynous clothing for Legacy male body. Or clothes in general. Most look very lumberjack-ish or typical. I’m so butthurt that I dunno how to mesh because then I’d have a field day making androgynous clothing that looks stylish. 😄

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Pet peeve: Liking a comment only to have the author edit the comment and you go back and read the comment after the edit and you're all like, "WTF? I didn't like THAT?!"

TSwift-20.gif

I'm looking at you @kiramanell (for the liking after editing part!)

LOL, I did wut?! 🙃

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MirandaBowers said:

Random off topic question: but how many of you get DMs from the forums? I get like none :P

Almost never - and usually it is a request for help on something or clarification on an answer I gave someone. 

Some people apparently get lots -- even lots of bullying ones. 

Sometimes I feel so unloved.

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, TDD123 said:

Peeve : People who are too ignorant to use an ignore function when it is in everyone' s interest to do so.

I tried that, but people kept quoting the people I was trying to ignore and that just made for some really messed up discussion flow.

These days, I mostly manually ignore by just scrolling on past.  Unless I'm in a mood, then I might engage.... for a bit.... long enough to satisfy my poke itch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MirandaBowers said:

Random off topic question: but how many of you get DMs from the forums? I get like none :P

I get some. Mostly from very endearing ppl. And one, recently, from a troll (who allegedly had me blocked), just to tell me she couldn't read the post I just made, because she had me blocked. 😍 Still cracking up over that one. :)

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes -- looking on the positive side of things.

Which is why I dole out my scornful laughter very, very carefully these days.  

Confusion and Sadness do not raise the ratings, so I've started tossing in more of those.

to each their own, at the end of the day what matters is how the person getting them thinks about them or interprets them.

none of the negative responses really matter to me. I think their amusing when used.

Oh what would some people do if LL ever decided to reformat the forum and reboot it and start everyone at ground zero again..I can see the flames now.. and it would be glorious.

4 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

LOL, I did wut?! 🙃

When I was making my "encore" post edit which was about 95% of the final comment, I was notified you liked the original comment while I was still in the middle of the edit. So I knew you were liking something different from the real post. ?  Or something like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

When I was making my "encore" post edit which was about 95% of the final comment, I was notified you liked the original comment while I was still in the middle of the edit. So I knew you were liking something different from the real post. ?  Or something like that.

Psst, I 'like' most of the things you write, regardless of edit. :) I simply know it's coming from a good place with you.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Psst, I 'like' most of the things you write, regardless of edit. :) I simply know it's coming from a good place with you.

Wait. Wut???? Only "most" of the things I write?

/me shakes fist at you and goes looking for that legendary "ignore" button

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Almost never - and usually it is a request for help on something or clarification on an answer I gave someone. 

Some people apparently get lots -- even lots of bullying ones. 

Sometimes I feel so unloved.

:SwingingFriends:

Awww, thing with you may very well be, that you are such a universally well-known helper (you are literally all over the place), that ppl simply assume you do not need the occasional nice DM. :( 

• Like 1

Just now, kiramanell said:

Awww, thing with you may very well be, that you are such a universally well-known helper (you are literally all over the place), that ppl simply assume you do not need the occasional nice DM. :( 

No worries - the 'feel unloved' part wasn't really serious

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Wait. Wut???? Only "most" of the things I write?

/me shakes fist at you and goes looking for that legendary "ignore" button

Hehe. In all seriousness, I actually miss a lot too. Many ppl who I consider friends here, are so active, they tend to make like a hundred posts per day. On a good day, if I'm lucky, I can catch maybe only half. 😉 I'm an active gal too (no, wait, that came out wrong 😁), but I can do maybe only 20 or so  -- and then I already feel like I spent the entire day on the forums).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No worries - the 'feel unloved' part wasn't really serious

I know. The swing kinda gave it away. :) Still, I feel ppl like you are often taken for granted, and that's not good. Ever since I joined SL, like 99% of your posts have been to help someone, consistently. On that note, I really hope you are not one of the ppl who's Advisor title was taken away, cuz that would just be downright cruel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

On that note, I really hope you are not one of the ppl who's Advisor title was taken away, cuz that would just be downright cruel.

That title came about from the most recent Forums before this incarnation - a version of the forums that I absolutely hated and thus almost never visited (because of the software and format, not due to people or content). 

Therefore, I never was around to even possibly earn said title.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
grammar counts
  • Thanks 1

Ultimate Peeve Advisor...
I caught an in-world text/group conversation the other week where someone commented that "They liked the old forums better". 😆
I laughed and thought, yes well that speaks volumes about you as a person "old forum lover" - lol

Here's to ye-olde forums and the dysfunction now creeping into this one!  🤢💩🤮

• Like 1

Rubs sleepy out of his eyes.

. . . I went to bed for like two hours, and-- This? I just can't leave you lot unsupervised, can I?

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.