What do you hoard in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Definitely hair. Can't even get myself to get rid of old freebie flexi hair that I will never wear! That and chokers and collars which I have a ton of -- very helpful for covering up neck seams. Yes that's why they have accumulated.

I still wear flex hair sometimes, I love the movement of flex hair as your avatar moves. Mesh is nice and all but 99.9/100 times its static and does nothing or its fake movement using bento bones that still does not give the same effect as flex hair flowing behind you as you walk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MirandaBowers said:

My question to everyone is what do YOU hoard? Shoes? Hairs? Homes? 

skins....
and mostly (afterwards) why on earth did i buy this..., mostly the same tone, same creator, just new release, for most others not even noticable i changed... so whyyyy do it

of course... socks

and some alts :)

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, norajulian said:

I own an obscene amount of poses (particularly wedding and/or family focused) and landscaping/furniture items (seriously - currently sitting at 80k) 

But I could easily design a venue, a honeymoon, and a first house for you and take all the photos from beginning to end ?

I have lots of stuff too. I collected poses back when the LAP store was active. But I have no idea what I have anymore. I buy a new pose when I need one....

And don't tell me I should organize them in posestands labeled: "sitting, standing, lounging" . It is too much. I will never sort them. I tried to start a few times, and got frustrated. But thrashing them all? Noooo.

I buy almost every house/garden thing when it is a sale. You should think it's easy to set up a walled garden because I have at least 4-5 garden wall systems. But they don't look "right" so now I buy a new set. Same with walkways. I have lots, Wood, stone, concrete, cobblestones.

• Like 1

I don't hoard anything specific so I've nothing to contribute to this thread except to say that I'm amazed that nobody has owned up to hoarding Linden Bears. So many people appear to want as many different ones as they can get, and that's pretty much like hoarding. I haven't got any of them, and I don't want any of them.

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I don't hoard anything specific so I've nothing to contribute to this thread except to say that I'm amazed that nobody has owned up to hoarding Linden Bears. So many people appear to want as many different ones as they can get, and that's pretty much like hoarding. I haven't got any of them, and I don't want any of them.

Why not? ? I have all the Linden Bears.

I don't really hoard too much, perhaps heels that I know I'm not going to want to wear but buy because a 75L sale is too good to pass up?

But kinda related, I haven't deleted a single saved snapshot since I started taking photos. I've got 3,800 saved shots, yet only published just less than 200 finished pics. Okay so that's 200 editor files and 200 finished photos, but that still leaves 3,400 draft snapshots, anywhere between 5 and 30mb each... I should probably delete those.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

And don't tell me I should organize them in posestands labeled: "sitting, standing, lounging" . It is too much. I will never sort them. I tried to start a few times, and got frustrated. But thrashing them all? Noooo.

I buy almost every house/garden thing when it is a sale. You should think it's easy to set up a walled garden because I have at least 4-5 garden wall systems. But they don't look "right" so now I buy a new set. Same with walkways. I have lots, Wood, stone, concrete, cobblestones.

I really can’t organize my group and couples poses into pose stands, but my poses are the one thing I actually have taken the time to organize because of how often I utilize them. 

I am exactly the same - if it doesn’t match, I find one that does. Easily 20+ wall/fence sets. We could decorate the world, Marianne. :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.