SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

2 hours ago, EbonyOverIvory said:

On the other hand, a good chef listens to their customers' preferences and dietary requirements. Simply ignoring all suggestions and feedback will lead to making only sushi that the chef likes.

They've changed things before based on feedback, but there's no point giving feedback to say that the areas they haven't finished aren't finished yet. They know the region doesn't have any trees, the rez zones aren't set up yet, the house parcels still have the work borders around them, and the whole area ends in a void instead of a nice coast. That's because those areas are under construction, so they're just not finished yet.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/30/2024 at 10:10 PM, diamond Marchant said:

abnortranslated.jpg.6b1764102a281f1528ae288349ef957a.jpg

On 1/31/2024 at 2:03 AM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Don't be so sure. The literal translation of what he's saying is, "As for you, if it's sushi, IT DOES NOT EXIST." At least he's saying it politely.

I think this loose translation is a nod to the "Soup Nazi" on Seinfeld. 

"No Soup for you!"

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

And on the other other hand, there's lots of area out there where people can cook up whatever they like.

There's a virtual buffet of choices on Mainland,..a HomeTown Buffet, but even so.  😆

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

They've changed things before based on feedback, but there's no point giving feedback to say that the areas they haven't finished aren't finished yet. They know the region doesn't have any trees, the rez zones aren't set up yet, the house parcels still have the work borders around them, and the whole area ends in a void instead of a nice coast. That's because those areas are under construction, so they're just not finished yet.

Well, I agree with your point.  But I'm not sure you're thinking of the same area Sarah was talking about.  That entire Southern edge of the Meds was released and claimed in the week after the Meds were released, Dec. 18th.  There are no work borders, all rez zones are functional, homes are mostly decorated.  Certainly most of the coast ends in a void, although Typhoon appears to have its final shape (makes sense because it has the large bridge in it), and Falkun Malti not only has its final coastline, but has 12 occupied homes.  Reign de Mer also has a small corner of finished coastline. S̵a̵r̵a̵h̵ Diamond 's request was not TOTALLY absurd, but probably not worth mentioning, given that, as you say, it's early days for that whole area.  

Besides, the cannon is a fun way to get to the rez zone on the Ranch side. 

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

So Sarah's request was not TOTALLY absurd, but probably not worth mentioning, given that, as you say, it's early days for that whole area.

You're mistaken. That was NOT my request, the request for a boat rez zone in south Mediterranean was Diamond Marchant's.

My request was a different one,  to build a road tunnel or bridge between Old Belli and southern Sansara.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

the request for a boat rez zone in south Mediterranean was Diamond Marchant's.

Voila! Thank you @Abnor MoleMy mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you.

Never mind. This photo is from Goodge Reef, not Typhoon.

typhoon rez zone 2024-02-01.jpg

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Thanks 1

Diamond, you're 1000% mistaken.

I was rezzing my Bat Boat from that exact same boat rez zone weeks ago. That boat rez zone was put in around the same time as that train station in the background was.

You requested for Abnor to put in a boat rez zone for Mediterranean's southern shoreline.

Look at how lush and green the grass is there in your photo.  Look at the Ranch style houses in the background. Look at the train station. There aren't any train stations in Mediterranean yet.

That's because you're standing in Goodge Reef (Ranch), not Typhoon (Mediterranean).

You're in the wrong sim and on the wrong side of the bridge!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

You're in the wrong sim and on the wrong side of the bridge!

This it TRUE. I must be in the twilight zone. I swear I TPed into Typhoon and was noticing the green bumpers. No Idea how I wound up in Goodge Reef.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, EbonyOverIvory said:

On the other hand, a good chef listens to their customers' preferences and dietary requirements. Simply ignoring all suggestions and feedback will lead to making only sushi that the chef likes.

Sometimes that does happen, when there are a lot of competing requirements we sometimes get given something that nobody (or very few people) actually want, BUT that isn't usually the case.
I don't believe for a moment that Abnor or the Moles ignore feedback, I think that the response was supposed to be interpreted humorously! (bearing in mind that they are all busy with the meds and ranch houses right now).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Sometimes we rough in a region so it's at least useable to some extent with the intention of coming back to finish it later.

We don't ignore feedback...  but we also don't 'take requests' per say. We also notice when people are working out obvious clues to what our plans mostly likely will be to formulate those 'requests'. So they can claim it was their idea I guess? Score some bragging rights points? I don't know.

But all that really does is make us less enthusiastic about completing those plans. Especially if it means they just become more vociferous in directing us with even more 'requests'. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

We don't ignore feedback...  but we also don't 'take requests' per say. We also notice when people are working out obvious clues to what our plans mostly likely will be to formulate those 'requests'. So they can claim it was their idea I guess? Score some bragging rights points? I don't know.

So ... do you find us making guesses as to what a new theme will be disincentivising as well, particularly if someone chances to be right, months and months in advance?

Or if a person guesses that a missing region will eventually become a community region?

I think these guesses proceed naturally from a very human curiosity; don't you ever drive by a construction project in your city or neighborhood and wonder what it is?  And then the person next to you in the car or bus makes a guess?  They're not trying for bragging rights or hoping to take credit for the soon-to-be Trader Joe's or Food Cart Pod.

But if your team finds it discouraging, I suppose we can abandon that part of the "Building Belli" game.  Or at least I can.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

Guesses are fine... it's when it goes well far beyond that and into campaigning for detailed plans for "this is how they should do that crazy thing I want" or "They didn't to do this thing I assume they need me to tell them to do".

It's the difference between calculated speculation and presumptive direction.

Edited by Abnor Mole
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Sorry, but I find it funny that the discussion gets so "deep", and people are so into Bellisseria that they have expectations and "demands"! 

Thank you @Abnor Mole for preserving the "grittier" aspects of this thread, it can make for entertaining reading.

I'm thinking of creating a thread, "Fake Outrageous Reviews, Complaints, and Demands for Bellisseria Features/Design".

Examples: 

- Complaint: "I don't like my Houseboat, it's over water."

- Demand: "Belli should not have mailboxes, because we do not have mailboxes in my country."

- 1-Star Review: "I give it 1 star, because LL will not force my neighbor to leave. I want their house."

• Like 2

Nine new regions are now visible on the World Map in northeast Ranch, forming more new coastline.

RanchMedLogexpansion2Feb2024.thumb.png.dd599f63022ec90496787a3bf8329e83.png

Ranch names:

Kersplash, SSPPrimrose Path, Wishy Washy, Mudpie, Swamp Grass, Seaweed, SSPWoodwind Section, Crab Puff, Shipyard.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

10 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

So they can claim it was their idea I guess? Score some bragging rights points? I don't know.

I have seen some people do that with the Linden Homes.  I just figure they are incredibly needy people that require lots of attention and validation.  It does suck when it ends up having a negative impact on the work being done.  I do feel for you folks.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 9

• Moles
18 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sorry, but I find it funny that the discussion gets so "deep", and people are so into Bellisseria that they have expectations and "demands"! 

Thank you @Abnor Mole for preserving the "grittier" aspects of this thread, it can make for entertaining reading.

I'm thinking of creating a thread, "Fake Outrageous Reviews, Complaints, and Demands for Bellisseria Features/Design".

Examples: 

- Complaint: "I don't like my Houseboat, it's over water."

- Demand: "Belli should not have mailboxes, because we do not have mailboxes in my country."

- 1-Star Review: "I give it 1 star, because LL will not force my neighbor to leave. I want their house."

"I've been playing Game of Homes for WEEKS now and I can't find a single home on a snowy mountain top with no neighbors and an unobstructed view of the ocean with a sandy beach."

• Haha 11

*cough* There are a WHOLE LOT of threads which exist just to have fun in.  This SSP thread has always been about the process of building Belli.

Multiple moles are working intensely on the (new) east Ranchland coast now.  

In other news, all the region borders have been removed from Fantasseria (there had been red borders on almost all coastal regions).  However, all coastal regions that have homes on them still have their SSPnnnn names.

There continues to be occasional activity up in the SSP zone which seems consistent with developing a new home style.  Wild guess: another for Fantasseria?

The activity seems rather leisurely, though, so it could be something else entirely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

*cough* There are a WHOLE LOT of threads which exist just to have fun in.  This SSP thread has always been about the process of building Belli.

Multiple moles are working intensely on the (new) east Ranchland coast now.  

In other news, all the region borders have been removed from Fantasseria (there had been red borders on almost all coastal regions).  However, all coastal regions that have homes on them still have their SSPnnnn names.

There continues to be occasional activity up in the SSP zone which seems consistent with developing a new home style.  Wild guess: another for Fantasseria?

The activity seems rather leisurely, though, so it could be something else entirely.

I wonder if there will be an adjacent theme to Fantasseria, rather than a new home style within that set-up?

eg hobbit homes, or something like that?

Also I apologise to @Dyna Mole for previously steering the topic towards incontinent dogs and feverishly patriotic letterboxes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I wonder if there will be an adjacent theme to Fantasseria, rather than a new home style within that set-up?

eg hobbit homes, or something like that?

Also I apologise to @Dyna Mole for previously steering the topic towards incontinent dogs and feverishly patriotic letterboxes. 

The Premium Plus homes have been wildly popular and must be giving LL a welcomed financial boost. Maybe they'll try something like my 2048 m Gothic Mansion idea? They wouldn't have to all be dark and spooky, but might give those who want a fairytale castle look something to play with as well. RL wealthy Victorians loved playful fantasy elements taken from various times and cultures.

image.png.4c040625b1edf780757dfa75f275df6b.png

image.png.036c32acced43d6a8b7f6b976751997e.png

image.png.6ea2f5bae69fd73662081ffb96776715.png

image.thumb.png.a4b48efe0fda265a128978d7d1c2c207.png

• Like 5