SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Correction: There are 6 new North East Ranch Coast regions.

SSP Longhorn &  SPP Fish Sticks along the top portion, then Nemo Bay & Cape Dory below this:

1-17-24NorthEastRanchCoast1_001.thumb.jpg.cedae72a35d86211ade2cecb319ec1ad.jpg

From Cape Dory to SSP Cold Stone Bluff & Lost Again

1-17-24NorthEasternRanchCoast_001.thumb.jpg.c660a9b40c644a43a688211907cd1897.jpg

^ I'm guessing that stretch of road in the water off to the right is Abnor's marker for the edge of that region. ^

1-17-24SSPLonghorn_001.thumb.jpg.9bb721a25bfdd2f98c0bd46491b7bf07.jpg

SSP Longhorn       Fish Sticks

Miz Trueheart       Nemo Bay

Mighty Dog           Cape Dory

Pine Gulch            SSP Cold Stone Bluff      Lost Again 

Nuthatch               Sweet Adeline               Specific Rim

SSP Whipshaw Ridge

SSP Darian

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Correction # 1 : 6 new regions & their names, # 2 Correcting more mistakes
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Betth Ashbourne said:

Ten new Mediterranean regions are now currently appearing in the north east corner.

Region names:

Cedar Park
Redfox Glen
Westwind Harbor
Stone Quarry Ridge
East Osprey Junction
Orchard Pond
Peddlers Hill
Raspberry Ridge
Brickyard Square
Lazy Brook

New Med regions 3.jpg

I'll note that "East Osprey Junction" implies a train line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I might have missed something, but are these new Mediterranean regions going in actually individual hand-built regions, or just more clones?  

I'd guess they're clones, but they seem to be going in by a new method. First they were just flat green land this morning. By evening they had roads, trees, dark rectangles where the active parcels will go, and orange region markers. 12 regions at orange already in less than a 12 hour period! This is amazingly fast work.

And there were 6 new Ranch regions going in at the same time.  Amazing work!

• Like 9

Twenty-one new LH regions have appeared, as already described in other posts. There are nine in the Ranch theme and twelve in the Mediterranean theme.

RanchMedLogexpansion18Jan2024.thumb.png.517c0e389414c35edace7e8c6705cada.png

Names:

Ranch (NW): Chestnut Grove, Wingit, Yellow Dog.

Ranch (E): SSPLonghorn, Fishsticks, Nemo Bay, Cape Dory, SSPStone Cold Bluff, Lost Again.

Mediterranean (NE): Cedar Park, Redfox Glen, Westwind Harbor, Stone Quarry Ridge, East Osprey Junction, Orchard Pond, Peddlers Hill, Raspberry Ridge, Brickyard Square, Lazy Brook, Dandelion Wine, Toujours Printemps.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
Map updated 18 January
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Caribou, one of the "empty" homestead sims in the Ranch theme, has been transformed into a community region!

Caribou now contains a large circular fenced horse paddock containing a timed barrel-run game. There are also spaces to rez your horse (NOTE: Worn/Added ones will not work). The paddock is surrounded by lakes and trees too.

Caribou.thumb.png.e880a20791a95fdca71b82c50e21531f.png

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

3 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

The "empty" homestead sims found around the Ranch theme have revealed their purpose it seems, one has been transformed into a community region!

The one, at Caribou, has been turned into a large fenced horse paddock containing a barrel-run timed game. There are also spaces for you to rez your horse (not included). The paddock is surrounded by lakes and trees too.

Caribou.thumb.png.e880a20791a95fdca71b82c50e21531f.png

Wow Thats really, really awesome! 🤩 Thank u @moles and @SarahKB7 Koskinen for heads up!!

• Like 8

They might consider changing the texture of the barrel racing surface to somethiing that looks less like a dry and cracked lakebed. Here is a desciption of such a surface.

Barrel racing is characterized by fast movements, challenging accelerations and explosive turns. The wrong footing can cause a slip or can be injurious to the horse. With this, a good arena footing is highly required during the race. This will ensure the safety of both the horse and its rider, to avoid unnecessary injuries. There is no hard-and-fast rule on what really is a perfect riding ground. But standard-wise, a good riding ground must provide the right traction, firmness and cushion. It must not be too dusty, overly abrasive or slick. It also helps if it is easier and cheaper to maintain.

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 1

So, the latest addition to the Mediterranean subcontinent has been fully populated with homes, and kind of hangs off the main land mass on the right (east).  There is a 2-region gap between it and the main land mass.  Very odd!

Split2.thumb.JPG.375d6b86a68acffd11124043edd4c95a.JPG

Looking a bit closer, you can see that the regions opposite each other across the gap are not clones, BUT ... they each have a single road facing the gap in the middle of the region (halfway down each region from the north).  These roads line up perfectly.

Space for one or two community regions?  I'm harboring a hope that the river you see on the right of the pic (the one that goes up through Sesame) will continue into a community area here :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

So, the latest addition to the Mediterranean subcontinent has been fully populated with homes, and kind of hangs off the main land mass on the right (east).  There is a 2-region gap between it and the main land mass.  Very odd!

Looking a bit closer, you can see that the regions opposite each other across the gap are not clones, BUT ... they each have a single road facing the gap in the middle of the region (halfway down each region from the north).  These roads line up perfectly.

Space for one or two community regions?  I'm harboring a hope that the river you see on the right of the pic (the one that goes up through Sesame) will continue into a community area here :)

I think it's clear from the regions north and south of this gap that these regions will be part of a north-south waterway. They will require manual in situ creation and will not have homes in them, so they won't be revenue-generating. As such, they're a lower priority than regions with homes. I expect they will get filled in soon though.

There could be a community region here or adjacent to the east, however.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I notice they made a Raspberry Ridge!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Speaking of Bellisseria and its land mass(es), I re-worked my terrain modeling scripts over the winter break so that I could finally make a model of Belli in its entirety. All 2,541 regions as of today, counting "Sandbox Bellisseria" and the Welcome Hub regions as well, just for good measure:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7

10 hours ago, Erik Mondrian said:

Speaking of Bellisseria and its land mass(es), I re-worked my terrain modeling scripts over the winter break so that I could finally make a model of Belli in its entirety. All 2,541 regions as of today, counting "Sandbox Bellisseria" and the Welcome Hub regions as well, just for good measure:

OMG, that is totally brilliant, amazing work!!  I downloaded it, hope that is okay.  Wow...........  just WOW!!

• Like 7

Curious if anyone can guess what will happen with Mirandela? My Med house is on the South edge and right now has a water view. There is a road west of my land which does seem to indicate something will be built in back of my property eventually.

Any ideas? 

Hi Elora!  I, too, live on the Med's south edge, and I think that south of every such region, there'll be a custom-built coastal region that will have some homes on it, similar to how they are building out the Ranch east coast.  However, in the case of Mirandela, it's also possible that LL could decide to follow the ranch coastline southwards, in which case there could be a fully residential region south of you.  Hard to say.

It's not impossible that coastal rail could show up as well ... the coastal Ranch line is suggestive, but I see no branches on it as yet, and there's not much space in Typhoon for adding things.  Albert Ross is shaping up to be quite the transit center, tho, with a rez zone suitable for cargo vessels! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

However, in the case of Mirandela, it's also possible that LL could decide to follow the ranch coastline southwards, in which case there could be a fully residential region south of you.  Hard to say.

It's not impossible that coastal rail could show up as well ... the coastal Ranch line is suggestive, but I see no branches on it as yet

That's what I’m hoping for, too. Although it's looking increasingly unlikely:

SLallrails.4.thumb.png.4ad864e148561553db71a56577e15c0f.png

In this (updated) map, the red line is what seems to be the simplest connection between the two Bellisseria lines, via Sakura. But a 3-way connection at Admiral Bligh or Marimba doesn’t look likely, as the landscaping there seems complete, and the same for Grey Ghost.

Maybe the definitive connection, if it ever happens, will be less direct, through areas that are still not built, north of the current limits of Bellisseria?

As for Mirandela, well, the RL station there, although sadly closed, is really charming: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirandela_railway_station

P.S.: Sadly,  East Osprey Junction turned out to be a regular region, no tracks there, let alone a train station.

Edited by 4lice Cerise
junction
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm sure there will be a rail connection between the Mediterranean region and Sakura, but I'm not sure there will be one between Sakura and Newbrook. There is an unfinished northern Newbrook coastline, but no tracks are near that. An existing coastal region would have to have tracks added to connect to Sakura. Considering all the House Boat parcels along west coast, this would have to be at a region that doesn't have house boats.

🤔 This is possible, but I think there are only a couple regions that have train tracks and no house boats. 

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.713d69452e1326418bcea385ff597504.png

Looking at this map, I had an interesting idea. I think it's likely the Ranch regions will connect to Sansara in the north eventually. (I keep forgetting the name of the region where the big Linden protected river connects The Sea of Fables to the eastern coast of Sansara.) The north part of Sansara has a bunch of Linden owned land, and it's not that far between Heterocera and those regions. It would be cool if someday, maybe, there could be a connection between the Heterocera railway and the Bellesseria one.

I think this is unlikely, given all the privately held land, but I do think we'll see a water connection between Sansara and the Ranch regions in the not too distant future.

• Like 4

Just because it appears that a region is "finished" doesn't mean the Moles have not already planned how it can be adjusted at a future date in order to expand a road or train line etc.

A classic example of this are the Vic roads on the Fairfax, Regatta, and Carrollton Bay regions.  These regions were finished long before the Vic community center and new Vic island were added, but in both cases it didn't take much fiddling for the Moles to turn the roads there into bridges to head to the new area.

They could easily modify a small area of a region at a later date to send the train line down another path ;)

• Like 5