Anyone think it would be good if there ever was a court system in sl to handle stuff like group bans?

Axel UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Quinn Lysette said:

naw but they should give us the IP of the person who banned us so we can get revenge and believe me i get revenge

That is breaking a law into itself, you can't fix something by breaking the law. You cannot put the Law into your own hands, that and if the person were outside your country. You would have to deal with LEOs and Intelligence agencies from other countries. You are on the terms of a black hat hacker, feeling that you need to take law into your own hands. Which usually includes, dosing, doxxing, and other malicious attacks on a persons computer.

51 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think that in some cases, people are wrongfully banned

If the rule of the land is "whoever owns the land makes the rules", then nobody is ever wrongfully banned.

Land owners can ban you because they don't like the color of your hair and that would not be "wrong' per the TOS.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:
10 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Their IP address was 127.0.0.1

Whose IP address, and doing that is kinda illegal you know?

7 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Yeah I got some suspicious packets in my network, right after I said that it was illegal to hack and stuff like that.

You don't know what 127.0.0.1 is but you know what suspicious packets are?   B|

:SwingingFriends:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

23 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Mine is 192.168.0.1

Come and hack me!

I made mine 10.10.10.10 for a challenge. :SwingingFriends:

33 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I would think that someone can make a small error, no need to chastise me on that. Now that i see it, it is local host. However, I am tired and my brain is not all there.

Your first response was funny and taken in good humour, it's exactly the sort of tongue-in-cheek comment people make to the many elementary school level, localhost jokes.

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

isn't that a often used western europe one?..( be careful with my feelings... i'm a ip nitwit) ;)

It's in a range of numbers (there are more) that were set aside as "private" as the whole IP (Internet Protocol) was being worked out. That means they can't be used as "public-facing" or "internet" addresses. If you try to send a packet to one such address via the internet it won't go through. I believe it won't even actually go out on the wire; your own device's IP circuits will block it.

For reasons unknown to me, 192.168.0.1 was so commonly used as a base network address it became almost a standard, although it is not in any way. As I indicated, there are several blocks of numbers available that work the same way. I just checked my own router. Look at me, the rebel! I set it as 192.168.1.1*.

There are a whole lot of people on this forum who know from a little to a lot about how the Internet (I'm towards the "little" end of that spectrum) and networks in general work.  So while it seems like common knowledge here, I assure you it isn't like that in RL.

I like that you just went ahead and asked the question without trying to make anything up.

*Probably because the DSL (yes, I am on one of those) modem is using AT&T's preferred base net of 192.168.0.1.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2018 at 10:10 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

If the rule of the land is "whoever owns the land makes the rules", then nobody is ever wrongfully banned.

Land owners can ban you because they don't like the color of your hair and that would not be "wrong' per the TOS.

Oh who is that young sinner with the handcuffs on his wrists?

And what has he been after that they groan and shake their fists?

And wherefore is he wearing such a conscience-stricken air?

Oh they're taking him to prison for the colour of his hair.

'Tis a shame to human nature, such a head of hair as his;

In the good old time 'twas hanging for the colour that it is;

Though hanging isn't bad enough and flaying would be fair

For the nameless and abominable colour of his hair.

A.E. Housman

How to not get banned from a  group:

1: don't be an *****

2: thats it end of steps go home.

Also court in sl would be ridiculous.

Next thing we know guys are taking girls to court for not sleeping with them and then blocking them when they don't understand no.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Whenever I have had ban rights from land and group I have had to fill in a log of why I banned the person. Even kicking them for an hour I had to log a reason. I could be pulled up for it at any time. Places I hang out at now I know there will usually be logs kept and anyone who queries a ban gets directed to the "head honcho" to discuss it. Screenshots of local chat have often been asked for, as well as group chat. Not sure what counter evidence Axel thinks he can bring to the party.

Oh wait I did get banned from a store group for politely saying I preferred the old system of having store credit rather than a group gift. The owner called me a 4 letter word beginning with c and kicked me, banned me from the group and from the land, then refunded my group join fee, I joined when it was free and she had given me extra store credit a few months before as I helped a few people in her store. Yeah I know, but this amused me.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.