Are Linden Bears Still a Thing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was browsing my inventory today and I came across some Linden bears.  It quickly brought back a wave of nostalgia and I realized that I never hear about Linden bears anymore.  Are Linden bears still a thing in SL?  If so, can someone help point me in the right direction to resume my collection?  For the life of me, I can't remember exactly how to obtain them...

16 minutes ago, AyanaJulia said:

Are Linden bears still a thing in SL?

I don't think there are many who collect them anymore but there are some.

16 minutes ago, AyanaJulia said:

For the life of me, I can't remember exactly how to obtain them...

Each Linden has their own way of giving away their bear. That's part of the challenge. ;)

Linden Bears were given way at SL10B (I think that was the correct year) on Bear Island with lots there to pick up.  In theory each Linden is still suppose to HAVE a bear as this has been joked about at some meetings. Some Lindens who are challenged builders have had others make their bears. Apparently not all the current Linden have one though as that was part of the joking.  

That would certainly be a fun thing to have again at SL15B.  I haven't seen anything yet that looks like Bear Island but frequently builds get plopped down at the very last minute as a surprise.

Yes, there WAS a hint in there  --  and Lindens reading this with NO BEAR?  It's a tradition!  :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

You can pick up a few of the Linden Bears on the Marketplace HERE

Those are the easy catches. ;)

There is one bear free for the taking at Pooley and another one at one of the sims around the Wenegn infocenter (I think it was at Moritx but I can't remember for sure). Those should be fairly easy to find. Soft Linden's bear should be fairly easy to find too. He's left quite a few hints in his profile. Those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. I never collected them msyelf but a friend of mien did and I helped her a few times.

Oh, and Harry linden left his bear at his isalnd in the Bay of Pigs. You can't get it though. If you touch it, it just bursts into flames.

Edited by ChinRey

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Pyri Peaks Fun Fair (north west jeogeot) has some Linden/Mole bears you can pick up free

Oh thank you for reminding me of Pyri Peaks! Greatest Linden Lab game ever! ^_^

But do the Moles have bears? I picked up Naughty Mole's mascot at RIzal once and it didn't look very bearish to me, more like a... well, you guessed it. There's a mole plushie locked inside the safe at Melanthia too btw.

I got one from Rodman or Roddem or whatever the last CEO's name was.. It was a pony instead of a bear,or maybe it was a unicorn?

I forget.

He ended up in a thread I was in and those that asked for one,he sent them to us in world..

At first he said he was still working on it and would get it to us as soon as he was done..He just had gotten the job around that time..He was pretty nice..

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes, some moles have bears.  Others have moles.  9_9

Aha! I've only seen the mole ones so far. It makes sense come to think of it, after all a mole is essentially a bear gone underground.

We all forgot to mention that if you attended SL10B, not only could you own a Linden Bear or ten, you could be one! (And no, Ebbe, no cheating - we all know you weren't there!)

Edited by ChinRey
Correcting typos

As Whirly notes, some are on the MP. 

Kyle Linden, who is in charge of the Linden's Deep State (note that his bear has Secret Service-style ear plugs), enables you just to get his bear for $0 off the MP.

Funny, when other Lindens make you dive into the sea and answer three riddles and whatnot. Does Kyle's bear "phone home"? 

On the other hand, if you have Kyle's bear, it might protect you from griefers or other Lindens.

Deep State.jpg

• Haha 2

I am happy now. I got Patch's cookie bear, Soft's glasses bear and Dakota's xstreet bear from that position Fionalein left.

Then went to Men Only Monthly and saw the Nezumi Linden's blue name there. I didn't have a spare collar to catch him though, so just grinned and watched the event instead.

5b2bc4811b3b4_FunnyCatandMouse_3.jpg.5239c3131c5162329bd7df31418d3c6f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

I am happy now. I got Patch's cookie bear, Soft's glasses bear and Dakota's xstreet bear from that position Fionalein left.

Then went to Men Only Monthly and saw the Nezumi Linden's blue name there. I didn't have a spare collar to catch him though, so just grinned and watched the event instead.

SQUUEEEEEKSSSS!!!

*runs and hides*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You can get some Linden Bears on Bear Island...SL15B.  There are many displayed, but most you cannot get.  You click on them, but nothing loads to enter into your inventory.  I was so disappointed!!!  Why set them up for purchase, but not allow you to get them?  Wish I knew who to write to about this!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2026 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.