Are Linden Bears Still a Thing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

a disappointment. i was not able to find the most desirable bear of all bears. which one? one that i lost many many years ago. i lost gov linden bear and i looked everywhere on this island for it and was not able to find it. when i asked support why it was not included they told me only bears for people that still work for LL game are available..lol.. so gov linden is retired? i dont think so! anyways if anybody knows where i can find this bear again for a second time, plz tell me, i can go to the entire sl grid looking for it. is also very pretty.. is the only reason why i will get the rest... got to collect tham all!

and yes i verified tons of bear are available for free to collect at bear island celebration..a lot...but my hunt is for that SPECIFIC..one..mama mia here we go again...

Edited by ines Carami

24 minutes ago, ines Carami said:

when i asked support why it was not included they told me only bears for people that still work for LL game are available..lol.. so gov linden is retired? i dont think so!

No, the Gov is not retired.  He, Magellan, and a number of special Lindens will never retire or die. It's possible that their bears may be retired, though, preserved only in the collections of residents who have been in SL for a very long time themselves.  (You can get talking Magellan action figures -- not quite the same thing as bears, but you take what you can get -- as a rare prize in the Apothecary shop on Hartyshire, if you catch enough glytches.)

BTW, it's not true that only bears for current Lindens are available. I've spotted bears for several ex-Lindens on that island. 

• Moderators

Greetings all!

Linden Bears are definitely still a thing although not every Linden has one. 

Some historical bears may no longer be available, and if there are Bears rezzed in world, or on the Marketplace, from Lindens who are no longer working with the company, you may be able to get a bear that way. 

My forum avatar icon image is one of the bears I did a couple of years ago for Pride, and it is on the Marketplace where you can buy it for Zero L$.  

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I've never understood the desire for Linden bears. But, then, there's a lot in SL that I've never understood. But I'm curious. What do people do with the bears they collect? Display them? Just leave them in their inventories and rarely see them?

It amazes me that some people want to collect them, but it shouldn't because some people collect all sort of things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2057 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.