premium members get double land allotment, tier prices sliced

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Land Holdings (tier) billing date: I was going to guess that it's the date of the month that an account first acquires tier, which would make it the date the account went to premium, because that's when the first tier is acquired even though it isn't charged for. So, since I promoted an alt to premium today, I had a look at its next tier billing date, and it's not what I thought. In fact, it's the 1st of next month - only a couple of weeks from now.

I have two thoughts about that. One is that LL now sets tier billing dates on the 1st of the month, regardless of when an account is upgraded to premium. The other is that I feel sure that this alt has been premium before, albeit very briefly, and that might have happened on the 1st of a month. So I can't offer any accurate info about tier billing dates. I'm leaning towards the second of those - that the account became premium on the 1st of a month sometime in the distant past. The reason I'm leaning that way is (a) my guess on the first line of this post might be correct, and (b) it would be silly to upgrade to premium late in a month and have a billing date a day or three later. I can't see LL doing it that way.

@Love Zhaoying upgraded an account to premium a couple of days ago. Perhaps he can shed some light on it.

Edited by Phil Deakins

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Love Zhaoying upgraded an account to premium a couple of days ago. Perhaps he can shed some light on it.

No..I wrote about getting my first Alt, still haven’t done it. I will get it “as premium” when I do. My main Love account has always been Premium, was billed today.

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Ty, Love. When you create the alt as premium, before it buys any land or donates any tier, please check its next Land Holding bill date and let us know. Thank you :)

That will s*ck if I get two bill dates! Theoretically it won’t be buying land, just donating or using Premium bonus tier.

Each account has 2 bill dates. One is for the premium (annually in our cases), and the other is for Land Holdings, which is monthly. It's all good. You should already have those with your Love account. Your new alt will have 2 more.

Edited by Phil Deakins

39 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Land Holdings (tier) billing date: I was going to guess that it's the date of the month that an account first acquires tier, which would make it the date the account went to premium, because that's when the first tier is acquired even though it isn't charged for. So, since I promoted an alt to premium today, I had a look at its next tier billing date, and it's not what I thought. In fact, it's the 1st of next month - only a couple of weeks from now.

I have two thoughts about that. One is that LL now sets tier billing dates on the 1st of the month, regardless of when an account is upgraded to premium. The other is that I feel sure that this alt has been premium before, albeit very briefly, and that might have happened on the 1st of a month. So I can't offer any accurate info about tier billing dates. I'm leaning towards the second of those - that the account became premium on the 1st of a month sometime in the distant past. The reason I'm leaning that way is (a) my guess on the first line of this post might be correct, and (b) it would be silly to upgrade to premium late in a month and have a billing date a day or three later. I can't see LL doing it that way.

The reason I was guessing it was when the tier was first used/donated is that one of my alt has her tier date as the same date she become premium (the 17th) and with her I did donate her tier to the group the day I made her premium.  With another alt, I bumped her to premium on the19th, but didn't actually donate her tier until a few days later and her tier billing date is showing as the 22nd of the month.  My third alt also is showing a tier billing date of a couple of days after the premium billing date.

Then it's confusing :)

I promoted my alt today, and donated its tier today, and yet, it's next tier billing date is the 1st of April. But then I'm sure that alt has been premium before, so its billing date would have stayed the same throughout. You're probably right. Your alts do lead to that conclusion.

Edited by Phil Deakins

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Your tier billing date will show at the bottom of you Account Summary date - even if you have never actually been billed for tier.  Three of my alts have never paid for tier - they simply donate to the group.   My guess is that if you've never been billed, the date is set based on your first usage/donation of the tier.

Also, you will always pay for an entire month even if you only used the tier for a single second.  And you won't pay until the end of the monthly billing cycle.  So if you've never used tier and then you use some on Jan 15 for one second, your billing date becomes the 15th and your first bill is Feb 15th for the preceeding month of Jan 15 through Feb 14.  If you then don't use any tier for six months and then use it again for a single second, you will be charged at the end of whatever billing month that usage falls into.  If you use tier momentarily on the 14th of a month, you'd be billed for an entire month of usage on the 15th. If you use it momentarily on the 16th, you'll be billed on the 15th of the following month.

Thanks. New all that bottom part from reading other threads. Glad that the billing date is at the bottom now. Again, my scenario WAS many years ago.   Will pass along that info. 

5 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Then it's confusing :)

I promoted my alt today, and donated its tier today, and yet, it's next tier billing date is the 1st of April. But then I'm sure that alt has been premium before, so its billing date would have stayed the same throughout. You're probably right. Your alts do lead to that conclusion.

I wonder if they changed the way this works at some point.  If I was a brand new user and signed up to Premium today (the 17th), but then did not actually use my tier until the 15th of next month, I'd probably get really upset if I was billed for a month on usage on the 17th of next month instead of a month from the 15th.

Well, I had already considered bringing a couple more of my accounts into Premium in order to offset a bit more of my tier.  I'll pop one to Premium today, but not donate his tier until sometime later in the week and then see what the billing date ends up showing.

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, I had already considered bringing a couple more of my accounts into Premium in order to offset a bit more of my tier.  I'll pop one to Premium today, but not donate his tier until sometime later in the week and then see what the billing date ends up showing.

That's a very good plan :) It's a pity that the alt I promoted today had previously been premium. If this question had come up before I promoted it, I could have used a different alt.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Making this alt premium - one that had never been premium before - reminded me of something else:  They get an L$1000 bonus after 45 days.  Cashed out it isn't much, but it is another few bucks to help offset the cost of the alt.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

This is why I'm not premium and don't buy land.

This group stuff.

I am tempted to go premium now, but I feel that I am missing out something if I don't optimize my alts. And all that appears to be...dunno...work? And I don't want work. I don't want a plan. I just want to have a stressfree SL. Finding a place of land that isn't too ugly is going to be hard enough work. Mainland is ugly as sin.

That's ok to just be premium on Marianne and pay tier for land over the size of 1024. But I will feel that I'm missing out on something, that I could get it cheaper and it nags me.

26 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Making this alt premium - one that had never been premium before - reminded me of something else:  They get an L$1000 bonus after 45 days.  Cashed out it isn't much, but it is another few bucks to help offset the cost of the alt.

Oh yes. I'd forgotten about that.

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Since this is a brand new premium that has never used any tier, the Account Summary currently shows no billing date at all. 

pic3.jpg.f1752d4e0bf4fb0a6fb424788888abe5.jpg

Interesting. In a day or two, I guess you'll donate its tier, and then it should have that date as its Land Holdingd billing date.

17 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

That's ok to just be premium on Marianne and pay tier for land over the size of 1024. But I will feel that I'm missing out on something, that I could get it cheaper and it nags me.

Don't let it nag you. If keeping abreast of operating more than one premium account would eat into your enjoyment and pleasure in SL, then don't do it, because it's simply not worth it to you. Any saving isn't enough to compensate for what would be a negative aspect of doing it for you. Some of us quite enjoy doing it as part of the pleasure.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Interesting. In a day or two, I guess you'll donate its tier, and then it should have that date as its Land Holdingd billing date.

my alt donated his tier level and indeed has a billing date for that, it's 0, but he's in the records as landholder

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner Grun said:

I hear 1024 size places are going for 500 US now.

In general, I don't think that's true.   

It's more of an exception, than the rule, and it's generally in places that were already that expensive (and probably always have been) such as Bay City or other special double prim or highly desirable areas,  and/or they're parcels that can be either rented or purchased (with a high purchase price to encourage more renting out). 

The majority of the 1024's I see in the land search right now are between 7777 L and 49,999 L, so well under 500 US.   There may have been a bump in parcel prices, but if so, they may come down after the initial spurt of purchases.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.