premium members get double land allotment, tier prices sliced

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You were probably astonished that I wasn't part of it :D

Not really, arguments against Premium seem pretty much like trolling, and I don’t see you getting caught up in that. Plus, you’ve stated the cost/benefit of Premium quite clearly - anyone who doesn’t “get it” simply does not want to.

I've always been a big believer in not attempting persuasion, but rather presenting whatever it is to people, so that those who fancy it, go for it, and those who don't, don't go for it.

And on the topic of going for it... I still haven't found a nice enough 2048. I've looked in the auction, in the forum, and jumped around the map a bit, but I've found nothing that appeals to me. I'm now leaning heavily towards trying to get some of the land back that I abandoned, and staying where I am. It's incredibly peaceful here, with no significant buildings around. What I've never liked about it is the slope.

Edited by Phil Deakins

On the topic of going for it, I’ve realized there is no hurry unless I really want an alt or more land. I’ve never wanted an Alt before, and I barely use my 65536. So, the excitement of the change has dimmed substantially. 

If LL had a “special offer” or if this was a deal that could end / be grandfathered, then I would be motivated. As it is, “can always do this later..”

Another factor is the daunting search for “perfect” land. My Linden home is “perfectly” situated at the edge of a park. To give that up (and take advantage of 1024 and/or Alt tier/group bonus tier), I’d have to find something I really like - but at what cost?

I have decided to stick with what I have for now.  Linden house escape plus my homestead.  The land prices seem to be a bit mad atm and I am sure it will calm down after this initial rush is over.  I will keep looking for the right plot but with no intensity.  

• Like 1

I came across some very cheap plots, but they are so cheap because they are in bad situations. I've also come across some nice grassy expanses of land, but none of it for sale either privately or in the auction. Finding a nice plot isn't easy. The one I did find, I mentioned. The next day it had ban lines next to it, so overnight it became undesirable. The area around it is nice grassy expanse, but none of it is for sale.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Absolutely true. And very understandable, not to mention normal, that the intitial enthusiasm subsides. It's different for me because I was already contemplating doing it before they doubled the tier-free allowance.

This was me.  I've been periodically looking for larger land for the past couple of months.  The increase in tier benefit simply gave me more incentive to look a bit more seriously.  From some of the prices out there now, it does look like this change has caused a bit of a spike in prices (at least temporarily), so I'm glad I was able to find something and buy rather quickly last week.  At that point, most 1024 plots (unless next to water, road, etc..) were still running L$0.6 - L$1.5 per sqm.  Most are quite a bit more than that now.  The large plot next to me that is for sale has already jumped in price just since I purchases mine - and it is still owned by the same person, so not someone that bought trying to flip for profit.

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

I came across some very cheap plots, but they are so cheap because they are in bad situations. I've also come across some nice grassy expanses of land, but none of it for sale either privately or in the auction. Finding a nice plot isn't easy. The one I did find, I mentioned. The next day it had ban lines next to it, so overnight it became undesirable. The area around it is nice grassy expanse, but none of it is for sale.

I had been looking off and on for quite a while before the benefit change was announced.  When the change came, I spent hours looking at the map and TPing around before I found something that I liked at a price I was willing to pay. Things were a bit crazy at that point - some plots had multiple people on them and some were purchased while I was standing on them.

4 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I have decided to stick with what I have for now.  Linden house escape plus my homestead.  The land prices seem to be a bit mad atm and I am sure it will calm down after this initial rush is over.  I will keep looking for the right plot but with no intensity.  

I do think things will settle down a bit after the current batch of sellers figure out that for the most part buyers are not going to pay those sky rocketed prices just because they are getting more tier benefit and lower tier prices overall.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have minded paying more if I could have found something nice - but not through the nose. I still feel very pleased that I wasn't ready when I found what I thought was a really nice spot, or I would have bought it. It's in a short row of a few nice houses on the side of a road. It had a partcularly residential feel to it, and plenty of open grassy expanse around it. But I hadn't promoted an alt at the time, so I didn't buy it. Then, as I've mentioned, the new owner right next to it had put ban lines up. The plot had sold but, if it hadn't, I wouldn't have bought it next to ban lines.

What I've now done is submit a ticket to get some land back that I'd abandoned - surrounding the plot that I still have. It'll probably go into the auction, rather than be set to sell to me, but I can hope :) Guy Linden used to set any newly abandoned land in this sim to sell to me, because he knew that I always bought the land here. I doubt anyone else will want it from the auction because my plot is in the middle of it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

I’m going to just be patient and wait on a nice plot. Hopefully LL sees some profit out of this and it’s a lasting thing. I’ll just stick with what I have too because right now the auction has nothin.

Maybe LL can start adding more of that abandoned land to the auctions per day or something, because I’m sure more people are looking to upgrade now.

• Like 1

there are some reasonable mainland parcel sellers, wich are prices are below 4l$/m (for adult land) , sadly if they put parcels for sale it mostly get gobbled up by the major land barons (who then put them for sale at jacked up prices).

Edited by Pandora Barzane
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pandora Barzane said:

there are some reasonable mainland parcel sellers, wich are prices are below 4l$/m (for adult land) , sadly if they put parcels for sale it mostly get gobbled up by the major land barons (who then put them for sale at jacked up prices).

I noticed that the other day.  I was looking at a parcel on adult for 8k for a 1024.  Next thing it was 50K.  I walked away pretty quickly

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For day to day living, Moderate land works just fine and is much cheaper.  

Roadside adult, I pondered on putting a small satellite on there.   I am just not sure what is best for me allowance yet so I won't rush but keep eyes on options 

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

For day to day living, Moderate land works just fine and is much cheaper.  

For normal everyday living, including naughties, I completely agree. Unless someone is setting up shop to sell and advertise sex stuff, or setting up the various kinds of sex places, I don't see any need for adult land.

Checked account and didnt see any extra 512 allowance as am maxed out on tier. Never had a Linden home so experimented to see if i could get one and did....I am hoping the extra 512 occupied doesnt change fees

Allowed holdings: 17,408.00 square meters
Current holdings: 512.00 square meters
Available for purchase: 8,192.00 square meters
Peak square meter usage: 9,216.00 square meters
Total monthly cost: USD 35.00*

All my 'old' allowance was donated to group I probably had a 6sqm i could buy! So can anyone see any issues or will i still only pay $35 ($40 previously) ? otherwise they can have the home back but then i cant see any extra 512 allowance.  (hate land/group calculations with a passion!)

1 hour ago, Storyof Oh said:

Checked account and didnt see any extra 512 allowance as am maxed out on tier. Never had a Linden home so experimented to see if i could get one and did....I am hoping the extra 512 occupied doesnt change fees

Allowed holdings: 17,408.00 square meters
Current holdings: 512.00 square meters
Available for purchase: 8,192.00 square meters
Peak square meter usage: 9,216.00 square meters
Total monthly cost: USD 35.00*

All my 'old' allowance was donated to group I probably had a 6sqm i could buy! So can anyone see any issues or will i still only pay $35 ($40 previously) ? otherwise they can have the home back but then i cant see any extra 512 allowance.  (hate land/group calculations with a passion!)

The "Allowed holdings" of 17,408 is because you apparently have your radio button set to the 16,384 size and if you add your Premium 1024 freebie to that, then you get 17,408. 

You currently only personally own 512 - that would be your Linden Home.

Since there is only 8192 "Available for purchase", that implies that you still have stuff donated to one or more groups.  i.e. 17408 total allowed minus 8192 available = 9216 being used.  The group amount should total 8704, which is the 9216 Peak usage minus the 512 'current holdings'.    Check your Land Manager / Group Land page on the Dashboard for that info.

If you drop the radio button down (on the Land Use Fees page), then those numbers won't show so much extra.

Side note -- You will not be paying more than the $35.00.  That screen will always show you what your next payment will be based on all max usage in the current billing period.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

There is a TON of abandoned land to be found on the mainland. You can submit a ticket with screenshots of what you want and Maidori Linden will set the parcel for sale to you. I took advantage of the extra 512sqM to expand my holdings in Aracar where I am essentially the only inhabitant.

Here's me enjoying the tallest peak around thanks to my new expansion.

Queen of the hill.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ooo. I've just got up (it's early morning here) and I read your post. I thought "brilliant!" they are setting the parcels for sale to those who asked, instead of putting them through the auction. I'd hoped that would be the case. I also thought that you got it quickly, and I was going to reply. But I logged in first, just in case. And there it. The parcel I asked for is lovely and yellow, and set to for sale to me :)

I've never heard of Maidori Linden. I asked Guy, who said he'd grab the ticket.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.