premium members get double land allotment, tier prices sliced

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:

Not working for me. I follow the link in the first post, type in 1024, save and am still at 512 inworld even after relog.
How are we supposed to notice?

What do you mean by "still at 512 inworld"?  Do you mean that your group contribution is still limited to 512 or something else?

1 minute ago, AlexandriteGem said:

Area still at 512, have not deeded to group yet. I see no change at all

Go to your Dashboard, Account / Account Summary.  Look at Land Holdings on the right, bottom of the info.  What does it say for Allowed Holdings?

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Go to your Dashboard, Account / Account Summary.  Look at Land Holdings on the right, bottom of the info.  What does it say for Allowed Holdings?

Allowed holdings: 1,024.00 square meters
Current holdings: 512.00 square meters
Available for purchase: 512.00 square meters
Peak square meter usage: 512.00 square meters
Total monthly cost: USD 0.00

3 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:
Allowed holdings: 1,024.00 square meters
Current holdings: 512.00 square meters
Available for purchase: 512.00 square meters
Peak square meter usage: 512.00 square meters
Total monthly cost: USD 0.00

This says you are allowed 1024 sqm (at your current monthly cost or L$0), that you currently either own 512 or have donated 512, and you can get another 512 sqm.  Thus the change is there for you. 

Where inworld are you seeing 512 where you think it should now be 1024?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This says you are allowed 1024 sqm (at your current monthly cost or L$0), that you currently either own 512 or have donated 512, and you can get another 512 sqm.  Thus the change is there for you. 

How???
How do I increase it on my parcel now?

Just now, AlexandriteGem said:

How???
How do I increase it on my parcel now?

Ahh.  If you mean that you only own 512 sqm parcel and want 1024 sqm - well, you have to buy more land.  Either buy another 512 sqm piece of land or sell the one you have and buy a 1024 sqm. 

Instead, if you have donated your 512 to a group that owns land and you want to increase that donation - pull up the Group Profile, go to the Land tab and increase your 512 amount to 1024 and click Save.

Or am I still missing something and you are talking about something else?

Just a little wide angled view on the subject.  It SEEMS like 512 lots will no longer be the hot item as many folks would like their "chunk of home" in one piece, so 1024s will become the 512s in the future and I suspect land barons are already merging lots together since they are not dumb.

This should certainly help mainland get more occupancy. It has been a wasteland (one that I enjoyed actually as no neighbors are good neighbors) for so long. Will be good to have that empty land used. 

I suspect that private lands will take a bit of a hit as  a free 1024 with 350 prims  for free is pretty cool -- still, there are plenty of folks that will NEVER LIVE ON MAINLAND so I don't think it will be catastrophic. 

Some folks will leave their rentals large and small for their own land. I did the math and I could certainly scale down my quarter sim rental to a 4096 group lot and save $55 US a month. I haven't decided yet, but I like where I am so will probably stay for awhile anyway. No harsh moves or hasty decisions.

So far as CONSUMERS are concerned, I have had two very good sales day (Marketplace, events, and inworld shop) for a middle of the month, middle of the week. I think folks are buying for their NEW land just like they did when we got more prims. So -- good for the economy in one sense.  

Will be interesting to see how things work out but I am happy with the changes even though I am not premium :D. 

Just now, AlexandriteGem said:

I abandoned my land. All the houses I see available are 512. How do I find one to use up all 1024?

Ahhh, now I get it.  You are talking about the Linden Homes.  They are all 512 and as of yet there is no information about any 1024 ones coming out.  You can either stay with the 512 Linden Home or go buy a 1024 plot and put your own home on it.  There are actually quite a few plots of mainland available for pretty cheap. 

19 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I suspect that private lands will take a bit of a hit as  a free 1024 with 350 prims  for free is pretty cool -- still, there are plenty of folks that will NEVER LIVE ON MAINLAND so I don't think it will be catastrophic.

More unjustified and unsustainable tier subsidies for Madlanders, and make the Islanders pay for it...

Again...

So, an Island sim, not grandfathered still costs $295 a month...

But some sharp madlands baron with 117 alts all premium can now, in stead of getting a full madlands region for $128 a month (117 'free' 512's plus group bonus) can now get TWO regions for $64 each.

So Madlanders who exploit large numbers of premium alts to 'game' the system are cashing in big time, and NOTHING for the majority, out in the islands...

This might seem like good news, short term for you madlanders, but its bad news long term for SL, constantly crying "Piss down the Islanders backs and tell them it's raining" is NOT a good business plan.

Edited by Klytyna
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Klytyna said:

More unjustified and unsustainable tier subsidies for Madlanders, and make the Islanders pay for it...

Again...

So, an Island sim, not grandfathered still costs $295 a month...

But some sharp madlands baron with 117 alts all premium can now, in stead of getting a full madlands region for $128 a month (117 'free' 512's plus group bonus) can now get TWO regions for $64 each.

So Madlanders who exploit large numbers of premium alts to 'game' the system are cashing in big time, and NOTHING for the majority, out in the islands...

This might seem like good news, short term for you madlanders, but its bad news long term for SL, constantly crying "Piss down the Islanders backs and tell them it's raining" is NOT a good business plan.

Well I almost never agree with you and this is not an exception but you certainly have a right to your point of view :D. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AlexandriteGem said:

Guess that one flew over my head then. Does not encourage me to leave my Linden home and pay more elsewhere.. Odd motivation intent...

you don't have to pay more ... where you get that from?

The mainland never been free to buy, and the Linden Homes were only released to have a taste of owning mainland, and when getting used to it, and want to make your real own home, move out..... . No odd motivation anywhere.

When you make the choice to stay at the Linden Home, by your choice you go pay relatively more by letting slip the extra 512 sqm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.