premium members get double land allotment, tier prices sliced

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Intentionally double posting:

2 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Err... April 1st already? And does it really say "the cost of land is too darn high in Second Life"?

Anyway. If it's legit:
!(§=$ ! More maths to do! O.o:o

Like Aki stated in the original post of that Forums Feedback thread, the new bonus apparently cannot be granted to a group as of now. It is uncertain whether this is intentional or if any kind of update might be needed.

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Intentionally double posting:

Like Aki stated in the original post of that Forums Feedback thread, the new bonus apparently cannot be granted to a group as of now. It is uncertain whether this is intentional or if any kind of update might be needed.

It may be intentional. As it is right now, A full sim split between 64 premium member alts would cost less than 60 US dollars a month - about a third of what it costs if it's all owned by a single alt. If all the alts can contribute their whole "free" tier to a group, we'll end up with big mainland landowners starting armadas of alts to save money and I can't imagine LL wants that to happen.

I'll be very happy if I'm wrong though. :D

Edit: Seems it's even more complicated than that. You can only deed 512 m2 of the premium tier to a group and if you do, you won't be able to use the remaining 512 to get a Linden Home. I'm not sure if you can use it to get a private mainland plot. Has anybody tried that?

Edited by ChinRey
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Edit: Seems it's even more complicated than that. You can only deed 512 m2 of the premium tier to a group and if you do, you won't be able to use the remaining 512 to get a Linden Home.

so.. it's in fact only a 10% price reduction you get for direct owned mainland... ? ( direct in the meaning of not group owned) Using a group with alts has no additional benefits.

I am not currently a premium member and always a little confused how this all works. In laymen's terms can you please spell it out for me? 

My questions:

1. how do you get your free land?
  2. How many prims does it come with?
  3. How do you find your free land?

sorry if my questions seems self evident but to me they are not.

Thank you in advance :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heathernorton said:

I am not currently a premium member and always a little confused how this all works. In laymen's terms can you please spell it out for me? 

My questions:

1. how do you get your free land?
  2. How many prims does it come with?
  3. How do you find your free land?

sorry if my questions seems self evident but to me they are not.

Thank you in advance :)

You BUY your land on mainland. The land is NOT free. You now can have no tier payment on a 1024 piece of land when before it was 512. You can find lots of land for sale in the classifieds and some are listed here in the forums. 

2 minutes ago, Stefan Krutschek said:

I just signed up for a premium account and just got the basic 512sqm. How do I get 1024sqm upgrade for the new tier structure?

buy a adjecent 512 parcel...( not likeley available) and join those to one.. or two 512 in one sim ( if you'r lucky less rare) or buy additional 512 somewhere on other parts of the mainland...

or sell your 512 and buy a 1024, it's not likely the Linden homes will be rearranged to get 1024 parcels

Edited by Alwin Alcott

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

so.. it's in fact only a 10% price reduction you get for direct owned mainland... ? ( direct in the meaning of not group owned) Using a group with alts has no additional benefits.

What I tried first was 1024 m2 deeded to a group. That doesn't work. Depending on a few circumstances you may or may not get a message saying you can deed 1024 m2 to the group but if you try, it will revert to 512 right away.

I tried deeding 512 m2 to a group while my alt owned a Linden Home and that was not possible.

Finally I tried getting a Linden home whilst having 512 m2 deeded and got an incorrect message that my payment info was outdated so i couldn't get a Linden home.

I did not try to combine 512 m2 group land with 512 m2 privately owned mainland nor did I try combining a Linden ome with 512 m2 privately owned mainland.

46 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Edit: Seems it's even more complicated than that. You can only deed 512 m2 of the premium tier to a group and if you do, you won't be able to use the remaining 512 to get a Linden Home. I'm not sure if you can use it to get a private mainland plot. Has anybody tried that?

According to a Linden on a similar thread, the group thing stacks fine. I had a premium friend who donates his 512 to a group try and buy another 512 and it worked fine. I suspect he could also have a Linden home. I have a friend with a Linden home and will check that and add to this.

5aa975fa3ff2c_landbuying.thumb.JPG.173bdbbc55d4c979f82e7de4a0733aa3.JPG

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

What I tried first was 1024 m2 deeded to a group. That doesn't work. Depending on a few circumstances you may or may not get a message saying you can deed 1024 m2 to the group but if you try, it will revert to 512 right away.

I tried deeding 512 m2 to a group while my alt owned a Linden Home and that was not possible.

Finally I tried getting a Linden home whilst having 512 m2 deeded and got an incorrect message that my payment info was outdated so i couldn't get a Linden home.

I did not try to combine 512 m2 group land with 512 m2 privately owned mainland nor did I try combining a Linden ome with 512 m2 privately owned mainland.

in short it means for me, it doesn't work as we, logically, would want... nor, hopefully, how it should work as meant by LL.... otherwise it's again a .....not allowed to type it by the decency police .....gift by LL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stefan Krutschek said:

Thanks, I would definitely rather sell my 512 and buy a 1024

The problem IS that 512 will decrease in value now simply because they were much more useful when THAT was the "free tier" size :D 

6 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

According to a Linden on a similar thread, the group thing stacks fine. I had a premium friend who donates his 512 to a group try and buy another 512 and it worked fine. I suspect he could also have a Linden home. I have a friend with a Linden home and will check that and add to this.

Per the other thread, they did find a problem and were working on getting a fix out.   This sounds like maybe the fix is in, but the other thread also mentioned a relog might be needed to pick up these changes.

4 minutes ago, Vick Forcella said:

The Land Use page shows the 1024 bonus. But it doesn't show (yet) I can buy another 512. I still have 0 Available Square Meters.

Except that, this is great news! 1024 bonus *and* a price reduction!!!! Yay!!

ETA. If I manually enter 4608 in the calculation box it shows I can buy 512. No idea what would happen in-world.

If you own a 512 (donated or not to a group) you cannot get a Linden home AT THE MOMENT. There is a "update your billing info" message which is wrong as the people testing had current billing info. 

If you have a Linden Home you can currently buy another 512.   

• Lindens

From Grumpity Linden in this thread: 

Alright, problem found. We'll get a fix out shortly, in the meantime we have a supercomplicated workaround... 

1. load https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php
2. scroll down and click save changes

Voila!  We'll update here once the fix is out. 

And yes, this new land allotment has no effect on group bonus. They stack just fine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I also just got logged in with my alt (that previously had donated 512 to the land group) and was able to increase my donation to the 1024 amount without any problems or messages about increased tier.  And per the account summary page, billing still shows $0 to be charged for tier.

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

You can only deed 512 m2 of the premium tier to a group and if you do, you won't be able to use the remaining 512 to get a Linden Home. I'm not sure if you can use it to get a private mainland plot. Has anybody tried that?

It's the *FIRST* 512 that is required forgo LL home. So get LL home first. Then go find another 512 - Cha-ching!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.