premium members get double land allotment, tier prices sliced

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder if the 'set to sale directly rather than auction' would apply if one didn't already own any land in the sim with the desired abandoned parcel.  I always find the auction a hassle to keep up with and it always seemed that whatever I'm interested in would be ignored by everyone else until the last bit of time and then someone will bid it up.

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I wonder if the 'set to sale directly rather than auction' would apply if one didn't already own any land in the sim with the desired abandoned parcel.  I always find the auction a hassle to keep up with and it always seemed that whatever I'm interested in would be ignored by everyone else until the last bit of time and then someone will bid it up.

I didn’t know “set to sale to specific user” was an option. Is this an option for all sales? 

When I bought my adult region, the seller popped up and said “oops, I meant to sell it to so-and so but my bad, do you want this leftover bit too?”

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I didn’t know “set to sale to specific user” was an option. Is this an option for all sales? 

All land sales, yeah. I've occasionally wished it could be used for objects, but no. (Of course one can script a "vendor" that can only be paid by the intended buyer.)

For L$0 land sales, I believe the only option is to specify a buyer.

1 minute ago, Qie Niangao said:

All land sales, yeah. I've occasionally wished it could be used for objects, but no. (Of course one can script a "vendor" that can only be paid by the intended buyer.)

So for the “abandoned” land sales, is LL setting the price to L$0?

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When you set land to sale, there is a drop down to specify it is for sale to anyone or a specific person.  

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

I wonder if that was added as  safety precaution.  I remember many, many years ago folks new to selling land would intend to sell to a person for L$0, but set it to anyone/everyone and a land bot would sweep in and buy it right away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No, LL usually sells it to a specific person for anywhere from L$0.5 - L$1.0 per sqm.

You can sell to a specific person for any amount.  Qie was simply meaning if you want to sell it for L$0, you MUST specify a person.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't know about GoSpeed Racer, but not only did I own some land in the sim I asked for, but I was the one who had abandoned the land I asked for quite a long time ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

As GoSpeed said, LL is setting it for $L1. When land goes to the auction it's set to L$0.5. I think the only time they'd set it to 0L is when land is abandoned by mistake, and when the person who abandons the land changes his/her mind quite quickly. Then LL will let them have it back at no cost.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

As GoSpeed said, LL is setting it for $L1. When land goes to the auction it's set to L$0.5. I think the only time they'd set it to 0L is when the person who abandons the land changes his/her mind quite quickly. Then LL will let them have it back at no cost.

Ahhhh - The action price must have been where my memory was pulling the L$0.5 per sqm.  Thanks for the clarification.

3 hours ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Hey Phil,

I submitted a ticket late on Friday and it was finished by Monday afternoon. The turn around time was fast enough :)

It was quick. I submitted my ticket on Monday, and got the land today.

I've always had a lot of time for the land Lindens, which is unlike some of the Lindens I've come across. I've only come across Guy Linden concerning land, but whenever I've singled out Lindens for praise in the forum, I've always included Guy. He's been brilliant through the years.

Edited by Phil Deakins

• Administrators

That team, the Land Operations Team, is comprised of Dee (supervisor), Guy, Bianca, and Madori.

We have loosened up on our policy around sending land to auction unless it is absolutely necessary for the foreseeable future.  We utilize auctions as a vehicle to remain fair when there might be competing asks for a particular parcel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

@Patch Linden  That's good to know, Patch. When there are owners in the sim who look as though the could also want a particular parcel, then it's fair to send it to auction. Otherwise it could be considered unfair. Loosening up on the requirement to own 2 or 3 sides of the desired parcel, is very good, especially as there is so much abandoned mainland around these days.

On 3/18/2018 at 12:26 PM, Phil Deakins said:

Interesting. In a day or two, I guess you'll donate its tier, and then it should have that date as its Land Holdingd billing date.

I discovered a few interesting and unexpected things related to tier and billing dates.  Based on a post in another thread a few days ago, it became known that getting a Linden Home does not result in any sort of Tier billing date.  Thus with my new premium alt, I decided to do a few tests.  First I carved off a piece of my land and sold it directly to my alt.  I then check the Account Summary information and there was not a Bill Date under Land Holding.  I even waited a day and still nothing.  I then put the land back into the group and had the alt donate tier to the group.  Again, I checked the Account Summary information and still there was not a Bill Date under Land Holding - that day or the next day.

Thus, I'm making a guess that the Bill Date does not get set until such time as the account truly incurs a charge by using/donating more than the Premium tier allotment.  I don't think it was always that way though, because even though one of my alts "might" have used more than their Premium amount in the past, I'm pretty sure that the other two did not.  Thus, I'm assuming that LL stopped assigning a billing date before 'billable tier' was actually used/donated.  What I'm not sure of is if this particular alt actually used more than the Premium 1024, would the Bill Date get set to the date they first used 'any' tier or the date that they went over the 1024?  Since we are only talking about $4 for 512 sqm, I might test this in the future.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

Interesting.So I'll have to assume that the alt I'm using, which I'm sure has been premium before, must have been premium for a bit of land jiggling, and the land was above it's tier-free 512. Or maybe LL is having a joke with it, as it's Land Holdings bill date April 1st :)

• Haha 1

On 3/22/2018 at 4:17 AM, Patch Linden said:

That team, the Land Operations Team, is comprised of Dee (supervisor), Guy, Bianca, and Madori.

We have loosened up on our policy around sending land to auction unless it is absolutely necessary for the foreseeable future.  We utilize auctions as a vehicle to remain fair when there might be competing asks for a particular parcel.

It doesn't always seem fair though, especially when a parcel has been abandoned for a long period of time giving people who had an intrest in it a chance to request it, then because no one else has you request it and rather than being sold to you it is put up for auction and bought by someone who then tries to flip it for profit. Sometimes I spend entire days flying through the grid looking for abandoned land I want to buy, if it goes to auction the chances are that I won't be able to be online for the end of the auction forcing em to either put a bid much higher than it should be worth early (which would cause me to pay more than if I had put the bid in at the last minute) or lose the land. In that case it means a loss of an entire day spent searching for it only for it to be bought by someone who is likely trying to flip it for profit.

I completely get it when it's recently abandoned because people might not have had a chance to see that it was abandoned but surely if it has been abandoned for more than 6-12 months then it should just go to whoever requested it. Land I have request has gone to auction so many times that I am now asking for land not to be put up for auction in my ticket. if it's not sold directly to me then I don't want it going up for auction at all. If someone else really wants it, they can put in their own request.

@Hintswen Guardian

They do now set requested land for sale to the person who requested it. Patch said that the old rules (having to own 3 sides, sometimes 2 sides) of it have been relaxed. The two people who posted having acquired land via a support ticket in the last few days, said that the land was set for sale to them. I was one of them.

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

They do now set requested land for sale to the person who requested it. Patch said that the old rules (having to own 3 sides, sometimes 2 sides) of it have been relaxed. The two people who posted having acquired land via a support ticket in the last few days, said that the land was set for sale to them. I was one of them.

Yeah, but didn't you and GoSpeed both already have land at least in the same sim, even if not touching multiple sides of the abandoned plot?  I think Hintswen is talking about random abandon plots that he finds, that have been abandoned for a long period of time, but not a case of him owning nearby land already.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.