I hate Tuesdays.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Amanda Dench said:

I couldn't log in to my sim, but tried Cyclops then TP'd to my sim.  Weird!  Oh but I do remember the good old day when SL used to be down for a half a day (usually Wednesdays).  Thought that was a thing of the past...but hey ho........I did however get a lot of housework done and now my home looks spick and span!

whats cyclops...

1 minute ago, Silas Palianta said:

whats cyclops...

its a sim.

On your log in screen for your viewer you should be able to enter a region to log in to.  In my firestorm its a drop down that says  Start At.  Then choices of Last Location. Home and <type region name>   Type Cyclops there and you log in to that sim  or any other sim name you put there that isn't currently under a restart

• Like 1

I just got into my sim with an alt, but cannot log in my main, go figure..she has a hell of a lot to do today...lol

Update: got in by using the hint of going to a different sim, logged in at our linden home, TPed to our sim, THAT WORKED! Thanks guys !

Edited by kinda Fallen
update
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

its a sim.

On your log in screen for your viewer you should be able to enter a region to log in to.  In my firestorm its a drop down that says  Start At.  Then choices of Last Location. Home and <type region name>   Type Cyclops there and you log in to that sim  or any other sim name you put there that isn't currently under a restart

great ty i am in xD

lol in 10 years on sl i never used that other then home or last location

• Like 2

Just in case anyone hasn't already spotted it.  LL says Logins are now back to normal.

Doesn't mean you'll get in, but then that's normal..... :)

Resolved - Our unscheduled maintenance is now complete. Thank you for your patience.
Aug 22, 12:46 PDT

Patience?  WTF is that?
  • Haha 3

These threads always give me a little bit of a chuckle. Mostly because they remind me of times gone by when these things, and far worse, happened more frequently. But a lot less folks freaked out over it-despite the *entire grid being affected. Guess it gives a bit of perspective, or, maybe I just have a different one anyway. The debacle that was spring of 2009 comes to mind here...ripe with rollouts, rollbacks, grid going down, things rezzed inworld (like entire sims worth of stuff) literally getting spit up into the air(I don't mean returned, I mean getting thrown into the air, lol). That was one month-long rollercoaster. 

TLDR; It could always be worse..and has, in the past ;)  Patience grasshoppas...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

"What does the master database do?", it works as sort of a router for the slaves and keeps the slave databases up to date and synchronized. 

Sort of off-topic but there has been a concerted effort by some to stop using the terms Master and slave to refer to databases, primary and secondary being one set of words that is often suggested.

Well, I'm glad they straightened things out (mostly) by the time I got home from work and want to log in.  I must say though - this is one of my alts logging in - it has been a really long time since I saw hair doing this:

temp.PNG

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

...sighs..... i can remember a lot worse...and longer ago... the grid was down for several days! ..

till now this is just a little burp behind the hand when having to much soda.

Another of those "I remember back in the day" moments!! Yep, back in the day, the grid would go down and you had no clue if it would be an hour or a day or two. These noobs think this is bad, we had to access the grid in 7 foot snow, uphill, both ways, AND WE LIKED IT!!  Once we got in, all we had were prims (the equivalent of sticks and rocks), none of this fancy shmancy mesh stuff, AND WE LIKED IT!!!  (grinning, it had to be done) 

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Another of those "I remember back in the day" moments!! Yep, back in the day, the grid would go down and you had no clue if it would be an hour or a day or two. These noobs think this is bad, we had to access the grid in 7 foot snow, uphill, both ways, AND WE LIKED IT!!  Once we got in, all we had were prims (the equivalent of sticks and rocks), none of this fancy shmancy mesh stuff, AND WE LIKED IT!!!  (grinning, it had to be done) 

So true, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember one time people were kind of trapped to stay on.. people couldn't log on,but if you logged off,you ended up in limbo with your avatar still logged in and no way to actually log back in..some people stayed that way for like a week..

I forget what the fix was,but people were trying everything..This was like back in 06 or 07 I think..

It didn't happen to everyone,but soon as people started to warn others about it and word got around,people were just staying on for fear of going limbo..

I remember getting so curious after a bit that I just went for it..It got me and I went limbo..hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

These threads always give me a little bit of a chuckle. Mostly because they remind me of times gone by when these things, and far worse, happened more frequently. But a lot less folks freaked out over it-despite the *entire grid being affected. Guess it gives a bit of perspective, or, maybe I just have a different one anyway. The debacle that was spring of 2009 comes to mind here...ripe with rollouts, rollbacks, grid going down, things rezzed inworld (like entire sims worth of stuff) literally getting spit up into the air(I don't mean returned, I mean getting thrown into the air, lol). That was one month-long rollercoaster. 

TLDR; It could always be worse..and has, in the past ;)  Patience grasshoppas...

YES!!!! EXACTLY THIS!!!! LMAO! I remember everyone passing the word, praying you didn't crash, etc. Good times! People who stayed in making a kind of party of things, lol!

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

YES!!!! EXACTLY THIS!!!! LMAO! I remember everyone passing the word, praying you didn't crash, etc. Good times! People who stayed in making a kind of party of things, lol!

Oh that reminds me of a night at GOL elements 4..

We got word that if you logged out you couldn't get back in and tp's were down..We had a full club at the time and just switched DJ's so about half left when the DJ did..

The new dj just started up and we had them say over the mic the news..So everyone that was there ended up staying well after the set was over..It was kind of after hours for the club where everyone just hung out..

So we had a half house of customers just hanging out with us,which a half house was about 40 people.. Someone yelled,I KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO! LETS GET NAKED!!

So everyone ended up getting naked and just hanging out..Then people started to dig into their inventories for all their fun gadgets that they have collected over time..

That kind of turned into a game..

The DJ stayed on the mic kind of being the voice of the after party..We kind of threw out the rules of the club and just let people do whatever they wanted to do..

It was a lot of fun..I wish I had the pictures on this computer,even though there is no way I could show them on here without getting into trouble..

Good fun though..hehehe

• Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2490 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.