I hate Tuesdays.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, anna2358 said:

I am competent to build computers from scratch, compile and  install an operating system from source code, read manuals (yes, even READ MANUAL)  and I have no idea who might be such a competent person Klytyna.  So this advice isn't worth much.

the advice is worth a lot for the ones that still think clearing cache is a medicine against all SL problems ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't log in on my alt the same way I did for my main, but I tried all the 'social island' sims. Example; "Social Island 1" "Social Island 2" and so forth until 9. I could log in and manage to TP home. Just couldn't login directly home somehow....O.o

• Thanks 1

I couldn't log in to my sim, but tried Cyclops then TP'd to my sim.  Weird!  Oh but I do remember the good old day when SL used to be down for a half a day (usually Wednesdays).  Thought that was a thing of the past...but hey ho........I did however get a lot of housework done and now my home looks spick and span!

• Like 4

I agree with the comments about  when things are broken its a huge job to fix! But After years of being a tester for user end systems, "If" this was maintenance to do  on rolling restart day.. WHY do they not test these "fixes" in a testing environment first, then the main system would never be down like this!!

I understand that, with huge systems, testing in a smaller environment isn't the same as testing in the main one. Things can go well in a small setup but collapse when given the big test in the main one. That's my understanding, anyway.

I have no doubt that they do test things before releasing them into the wild.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jazzy0707 said:

I agree with the comments about  when things are broken its a huge job to fix! But After years of being a tester for user end systems, "If" this was maintenance to do  on rolling restart day.. WHY do they not test these "fixes" in a testing environment first, then the main system would never be down like this!!

after years of being a tester I suppose you should know that if something works on test, tends to fail on prod unexpectedly ;)

14 minutes ago, Dorian Yorcliffe said:

i guess we can definitely call this test a total failure ?

It's far from being the first time something like has happened, and it sure won't be the last.

Look at it another way. It's times like this that make SL so desirable. Without them, it would all be the same old same old  :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

It's far from being the first time something like has happened, and it sure won't be the last.

Look at it another way. It's times like this that make SL so desirable. Without them, it would all be the same old same old  :)

Yea,plus we're getting it out of the way early in the week..

I would much rather hate a Tuesday than a Friday.. hehehehe:D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the advice is worth a lot for the ones that still think clearing cache is a medicine against all SL problems ...

I guess so.  I was having a selfish moment. Sorry.

If I could change my title from 'Advanced Member', it would say 'Usually Wrong'.  There's a guy in SL called 'Generally Offcourse'.  I wish I'd got that one.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.