I hate Tuesdays.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, lavalois said:

Clear any cache or something?

NEVER clear cache unless told to do so by a technically clued up person who knows what they are talking about, for a specific texture cache related problem.

EVER...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

NEVER clear cache unless told to do so by a technically clued up person who knows what they are talking about, for a specific texture cache related problem.

EVER...

I am competent to build computers from scratch, compile and  install an operating system from source code, read manuals (yes, even READ MANUAL)  and I have no idea who might be such a competent person Klytyna.  So this advice isn't worth much.

16 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Nope, only relaunched the viewer a couple of times to avoid waiting for the 500 error on the login server.

Did you actually quite the program after each time the login fail or just kept on trying? Did you wait out the attempt, or did you quit the program once you saw no advance on the loading bar?

12 minutes ago, lavalois said:

Did anyone of the people that are already in do anything specific? Clear any cache or something?

Clearing cache isn't a magic trick or something. In fact, a clearing done at the wrong time can mess you up way more than providing any good.
Your local copy of information won't make a difference to the server condition. A time like this, where the the servers seem to be in such a bad shape, you're literally shooting yourself in the foot if you get the idea to demand a fresh download of your cache from said troubled servers.
If the road you wish to drive on was flooded or on fire, it wouldn't help at all if you clean your car's trunk or change a tire. The road will still be a mess.

TL, DR: Don't do it, unless you have a very good reason for it.

Trying different login locations, however, is a good idea in such cases. You might get lucky and land on a somewhat stable connection. 
Unless everything's messed up. Then just sit and wait.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavalois said:

Did you actually quite the program after each time the login fail or just kept on trying? Did you wait out the attempt, or did you quit the program once you saw no advance on the loading bar?

I closed the viewer, although it makes no difference if you keep it open and wait for it to say login failed, or close it and open it again. The only reason I did so was to speed up reconnection, because after 10 seconds of not connecting, I'd figure it would just error on me and I can save 20 seconds by manually restarting the reconnection process.

21 minutes ago, Ron Andretti said:

Congratz LL.... you broke it. According to my Email Notifications you did 3 Restarts of Tabor Tropics and now i get Stuff returned because the Region is Full?

WTF is up again with SL... i see lots of work comming to them, lots of Rollbacks also!

I'm getting offlines saying half my home's now back in my inventory... Yay!

Looks like a main rollup....

"Investigating - We are performing an unscheduled maintenance to our login systems. Residents may experience log in issues in world as well as secondlife.com. Please keep an eye on this blog for status updates 
Aug 22, 05:46 PDT"

I trust LL-God and believe things will run so fast after and no lag ever...

has been knelling and praying for hours now

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.