I hate Tuesdays.

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

If you're one of those people, post to tell us so that we know how widespread this is.

I am inworld. Many things not working. I suspect if you are on an estate, you are stuck. I am on Zindra, and, CRAP! Firestorm just crashed so anything I could have done is now moot since I can not relog back. As I left I could walk or fly around Zindra except to those places that did not recover from the reset. No TP, so flying or walking was it. Now I'm on the outside with the windows blacked out, haha.

Edited by Navy1 Coba

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

If you're one of those people, post to tell us so that we know how widespread this is.

On a scale of 0 to 10, I'd say 11. Not even LL can log in unless they hack around with the agent transfer protocol to make a sim think they were actually on the grid in the first place.

It should be fixed in a few hours(maybe less) though. Knowing how this has happened in the past, I'd say the database isn't damaged, but software updates got screwed up or a configuration got overwritten.

If the database is damaged, LL keeps lotsa backups, so nothing should be lost.
If anyone is in world right now, can they confirm if rezzing(DO NOT USE NO COPY ITEMS) or asset loading/saving is working?

1 minute ago, Chaser Zaks said:

If anyone is in world right now, can they confirm if rezzing(DO NOT USE NO COPY ITEMS) or asset loading/saving is working?

Not in world, and the informant who was has given up in diswgust and logged , but rezzing attachments failed, rezzing in world failed, and script commands like llGetDisplayName(avkey) were returning null values, as for loading assets, hard to tell, apparently they could see photos in their inv, but, said photo may already have been in their cache, so who knows...

1 minute ago, Lumiae said:

Is it so broken that the number of agents in-world stayed the same on my firestorm login screen? I remember that one time, SL went offline and there were only 30 agents. O.o

It's usually the case that those who are logged in stay in until they log out. That's why the logged-in number doesn't change much during these times.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lumiae said:

Is it so broken that the number of agents in-world stayed the same on my firestorm login screen? I remember that one time, SL went offline and there were only 30 agents. O.o

The reason it is stuck is because it cannot contact the database to refresh that value.

Technical info: It asks the database only once every 10 or 20 minutes, and remembers it until then. The 23,932 people it says were there are only a memory of the past.

http://secondlife.com/xmlhttp/homepage.php <-- the source of the data should you be interested

It may only say 30 agents online if LL turned off logins and forced all users to log out, only allowing LL on the grid.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Thanks 1

Hey i was djing a set then everyone vanished and its funny how everyone is still trying to get in and im logged in on the system and not been logged out yet, im in the club not able to leave the sim and just listen to club radio>>>>>>>>>>>>>>damn rolling restarts and i thought i chased the peeps away hahah

Oh well HAPPY TUESDAYS GUYS AND GIRLS

Hayyz

PS IM STUCK SOMEONE HELPPPPP!!!!

Edited by Hayyz

i was in sl and tried to tp somewhere and couldn't tried a number of times and still couldn't silly me logged out and now cant log in been trying for an hour thought it was my internet so rebooted still cant log in cant go on marketplace either even though it says marketplace is operational its so frustrating

I'm always tickled at how the status page will say for hours, or days, that everything's fine, when it's not. Usually the status page doesn't get changed to reflect the actual status until after said status has passed.

Sort of like sending tech support an email saying you can't log in, and two days later they reply saying "it's fine right now, check your internet connection".

• Like 2

UPDATE!

id.secondlife.com(Web logins) appears to be operating again. login.agni.lindenlab.com(Grid logins) should be back online very soon. (Don't hold me to it though, I'm making an educated guess, I have no actual info on what is going behind the scenes).

2 minutes ago, MiSsVeNeCiY said:

Привет всем, в игру заити не могу, вот на форум 20 мин пыталась зайти (кто что нибудь знает за этот случай ???

Это известная проблема, LL работает над ее исправлением. Это не должно быть намного больше, хотя, как кажется, часть серверов вернулась в Интернете.

--

It is a known issue, LL is working on fixing it. It shouldn't be much longer though as it appears part of the servers have came back online.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MiSsVeNeCiY said:

Привет всем, в игру заити не могу, вот на форум 20 мин пыталась зайти (кто что нибудь знает за этот случай ???

Да, это Unscheudled Maintenance. Мы не знаем, что это значит, товарищ.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.