How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

So, a few months ago I was asked by the owners of the Petite Industrial Gallery if I'd be willing to contribute a pic to a charity event they are holding to benefit the work of Medicins Sans Frontieres (Doctors without Borders) in Ukraine. The proceeds of all sales of my image are to go to MSF. So far the event overall has raised L$37,000.

My pic is up for another week, and I'll be matching the amount of any sales I make on it (it sells for L$300, so a sale will mean a contribution of L$600 to MSF).

We were asked to produce a pic inspired by a song from a list supplied by the event's two DJ's: my choice was Sarah McLachlan's "Angel," a song about hope and addiction. The image (below) is entitled "Ithuriel," which was the name of one of the angels sent to Eden by God to protect Eve in Milton's poem Paradise Lost.

I encourage you to check out the art produced for this cause!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Goodelli/226/205/27

(And yes, I'm shilling, but it's for a desperately good cause -- helping the victims of war.)

Ithuriel(sm)Blank.thumb.png.8676751d159457b192f7aa6d7421464c.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

People are mostly pretty lovely. My friends are lovely.

@Josephine Carissa, who gifted me this really wonderful dress from KiB Designs because she thought I could use it in my "experimental" portraits, is certainly lovely.

This isn't really an "experiment," but it's such a nice dress that I wanted to get a pic of it right away, so I bustled over to the Time Portal and took this vintage shot.

Thank you, Jo!!

JosDress(SM)Blank.thumb.png.b150c05ea9c7ca45c6bfd49f75ae5628.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

@Josephine Carissa, who gifted me this really wonderful dress from KiB Designs because she thought I could use it in my "experimental" portraits, is certainly lovely.

This isn't really an "experiment," but it's such a nice dress that I wanted to get a pic of it right away, so I bustled over to the Time Portal and took this vintage shot.

Thank you, Jo!!

Nice makeup!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you, Jo!!

Speaking of, have you seen the latest release from Salt and Pepper? It's a really detailed flapper dress. Thought I'd mention it in case you wanted one. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1