How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

18 minutes ago, Manu Mysterious said:

After thinking about how to set up a new avatar, spent the half day to try out new skins, built different shapes, used different heads and you think you are done. A single glimp and you teleport elsewhere and suddenly you get kicked out of SL. What drives me really nuts in SL is the fact, when you return after the crash, your work gets totally screwed and it results in the following. I mean it took me just a short time to restore her, but it bothers me a lot. 😤

SL drives me nuts.png

When you change things on your avatar the changes do not save until you save as an outfit or successfully log off. Firestorm for some time would silently crash during log off. So often changes were not saved.

Changes to items, like a color change, often are not saved until the item is taken off... or thinking another way... sent back to inventory. So outfit saves and log offs may not always work as expected.

When I change the color on a dress or clothing item I change the original item, which I never wear except to setup an outfit. I wear the original and change it as needed. Then I take it off/detach, then make a copy and save it in an appropriately named  folder, and then wear the copy. Which is the version that gets saved as part of the Outfit I save.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When you change things on your avatar the changes do not save until you save as an outfit or successfully log off. Firestorm for some time would silently crash during log off. So often changes were not saved.

Changes to items, like a color change, often are not saved until the item is taken off... or thinking another way... sent back to inventory. So outfit saves and log offs may not always work as expected.

When I change the color on a dress or clothing item I change the original item, which I never wear except to setup an outfit. I wear the original and change it as needed. Then I take it off/detach, then make a copy and save it in an appropriately named  folder, and then wear the copy. Which is the version that gets saved as part of the Outfit I save.

I know Nalates, but when you crash its not your choice. That's why I make backup folders with outfits of the actual avatar, because I am lazy....but when I crash before I am completely done with it...I am f........d up! *laughs But thank you for your explanation, I really appreciate that. And this should be said, that's why our inventories will grow and grow till they will explode *laughs

Edited by Manu Mysterious
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2024 at 1:35 AM, Anaryane said:

An old t-shirt, an equally old pair of jeans, and some sneakers are enough for horseback riding in Calas ! Afterwards, you need a good tea, a nice snack, and some cartoons... because there's no age limit for that!

helocaladon.png

I love your shirt! May I ask where it's from? :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Manu Mysterious said:

I can not help me, she looks like a Disney character.... 😄

I could be wrong but she reminds me of Michelle Trachtenberg in the movie Ice Princess by Disney. She looks really good !

• Like 2