How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was toying around a little bit with a couple of things today..

First thing was, I was looking through my inventory and trying to get all the things for pictures in one directory and sub directories and found this weather system which I bought years ago and forgot about..

Here is how chaotic it can make things look.. It's really wild hehehehe

All the smoke and fire and chaos is from my weather system.. hehehehe

52256963238_fe45ad628c_h.jpg

Then decided to try out a new EEP that I bought which is really freaking wild.. Probably one of the wildest ones in my sets so far.. I just thought , wow all the possibilities for this..

So I took a few shots with it in the background. The name of it is :Frio's: Black Hole Sun  if anyone is interested in it.. I bought it from the MP.

52257430340_4068a68c5a_h.jpg

52257220999_a9809f4d29_h.jpg

Then I was like. I bet it would be really wild to combine them.. then  just turned on my weather system to rain down fire and had a tornado in there somewhere to kick up some dust, but it was pretty shy and stayed off to the side for some reason.. it moves pretty slow for a tornado.. hehehe

This is what came from the  EEP and the weather system.

52257221064_20120acb8e_h.jpg

After that I was ready to relax and just bask in the Black Hole Sun. It takes a lot out of a person raining down Hell Fire  all morning.

hehehe

52256938566_700325af29_h.jpg

NICE work! Thanks for posting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

First thing was, I was looking through my inventory and trying to get all the things for pictures in one directory and sub directories and found this weather system which I bought years ago and forgot about..

Then decided to try out a new EEP that I bought which is really freaking wild.. Probably one of the wildest ones in my sets so far.. I just thought , wow all the possibilities for this..

So I took a few shots with it in the background. The name of it is :Frio's: Black Hole Sun  if anyone is interested in it.. I bought it from the MP.

Then I was like. I bet it would be really wild to combine them.. then  just turned on my weather system to rain down fire and had a tornado in there somewhere to kick up some dust, but it was pretty shy and stayed off to the side for some reason.. it moves pretty slow for a tornado.. hehehe

After that I was ready to relax and just bask in the Black Hole Sun. It takes a lot out of a person raining down Hell Fire  all morning.

hehehe

These are all fabulous !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

hehehe

What weather system is it? That looks like fun!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

hehehe

Just WOW!!!  😲

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bagnu said:

What weather system is it? That looks like fun!!!

Ok I found it.. It's called Weather System Deluxe, the owner of the store is Damanios Thetan..  I got it back in like 2012, so you may want to look at others on there to see if there is maybe newer and improved ones or something..It's still on the MP though.

It is a lot of fun to toy around with..  I found it and wondered how well it still worked and it worked really well.. Then seen that Black hole sun EEP and put them together .. I was like OMG There needs to be an Arch Angel in there somewhere!! LOL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2022 at 11:25 AM, Marigold Devin said:

I'm catching up with all the great photos on this thread having not been around so much again for a couple of weeks. I love your photos. I think we all take something different from them, depending on our own headspace. I'm a bit obsessed with old-style locomotives just now, and when I saw this I squealed with delight, thinking I was looking into you travelling on the night train, with a lot on your mind and unable to sleep. The carriage is too warm, you've undone your clothing a little, but aren't letting your guard down.

Thanks for this lovely description, Marigold! Apologies for the lateness of my reply: for some reason, I didn't see this until late last night.

Making our own narratives out of photos is, i think, a hugely important part of their value and appeal: it invites the viewer to become part creator too, in a sort of partnership with the photographer. As it happens, your take on this is very close to what I was thinking when I composed it -- the piece is entitled "All Change" on Flickr, and I tried to convey the impression of someone a little wary and a lot discontented, considering . . . a change. I'm particularly delighted you responded to it, because it's a bit of a recent favourite of my own. Again, thank you. 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

We continue to work on our black and white portraiture. I'm not sure I don't prefer the colour version of this one, but I've been assured by people whom I mostly trust that the B&W is actually better.

1100366964_Smoking-(BW)-Blank.thumb.png.e7bda11ec65ea957205b6eac794f27cd.png

It looks like you are getting those shadow shots down, that you were talking about getting down the other day. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It looks like you are getting those shadow shots down, that you were talking about getting down the other day. :)

Thanks Ceka! I hope so! In the meantime, I'm going make everyone here profoundly bored with black and white high contrast shadowy portraits.

Gotta say, I'm loving your pics, btw. I'm so glad you're posting pics again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks Ceka! I hope so! In the meantime, I'm going make everyone here profoundly bored with black and white high contrast shadowy portraits.

Gotta say, I'm loving your pics, btw. I'm so glad you're posting pics again!

I'm wanting to try some black and white shots myself.. I just have to wait and see what hits me to want to shoot..

You can't bore me with black and white shots, I really love that kind of art..:)

And thank  you as well.  It actually kind of tired me out finding all that stuff and setting it up.. I had to take a nap afterwards. hehehehe

I think I'm gonna do some calmer things for a bit now hehehe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, June Starlight said:

Learning how to achieve bokeh in a viewer (while also being a child).

snap_008.png

I love the effects, the reflections of the ducks and ... the ducks! What personalities they seem to have wondering who their pond mate is.  

Edited by Marigold Devin
where is my purple font? It is broken. :/
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1