How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

16 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

With Scylla's pic, I asked because she made me think. Made me wonder: "what's going on here?". She very effectively brought me "in". Wanting to know more.

I disagree with you that art is supposed to make us think. When I look at your pics with windswept grassy fields, I don't think. I just "feel" as if I were there. That's why I enjoy seeing them.

That is to narrow I guess, art should create some sort of response, what you discribe is an emotional response. Thinking is alao a response, both our feelings and our thoughts take place in the brain, so art causes the brain to respond in some way.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

That is to narrow I guess, art should create some sort of response, what you discribe is an emotional response. Thinking is alao a response, both our feelings and our thoughts take place in the brain, so art causes the brain to respond in some way.

When left to our own devices to interpret some of theses photos, I'm not surprised to find we each see something different.  We aren't even given a title or a clue.  Of course, I am more than happy to have my own interpretation of what I see, but I also want to know the photographer's intent.  What did they want us to see?  Where is my eye drawn?  What does that expression on the avatars face mean?  What am I failing to see?

It took me an embarrassingly long time to even notice that the shadow at the front of @Scylla Rhiadra last photo was a person.  My eye only saw the lit up avatar looking down. I didn't see a diner or a second person.  When I did recognize the shadow in the foreground as a person, it changed the photo entirely, of course. Whatever you're in trouble for, Scylla, just apologize and move on. Getting lectured sucks.

BUT, I suspect (fear?)  that @Madelaine McMasters interpretation is truth 😛

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

When left to our own devices to interpret some of theses photos, I'm not surprised to find we each see something different.  We aren't even given a title or a clue.  Of course, I am more than happy to have my own interpretation of what I see, but I also want to know the photographer's intent.  What did they want us to see?  Where is my eye drawn?  What does that expression on the avatars face mean?  What am I failing to see?

It took me an embarrassingly long time to even notice that the shadow at the front of @Scylla Rhiadra last photo was a person.  My eye only saw the lit up avatar looking down. I didn't see a diner or a second person.  When I did recognize the shadow in the foreground as a person, it changed the photo entirely, of course. Whatever you're in trouble for, Scylla, just apologize and move on. Getting lectured sucks.

BUT, I suspect (fear?)  that @Madelaine McMasters interpretation is truth 😛

As an artist I can say sometimes there really is no intent other than to have the image visually pleasing. That's me though. Each artist is different.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

My photos don't have deep meaning.  They are just vanity shots that I enjoy taking.

I think that's a wonderful attitude!!!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

With Scylla's pic, I asked because she made me think. Made me wonder: "what's going on here?". She very effectively brought me "in". Wanting to know more.

Hmm they make me think "why is she posting those pictures here in a thread about how your avatar looks today when its just another artsy shot that should be in the section specifically for art and stuff like that?" 

1714731973_tenor(4).gif.36d0a190e2e9f979182a51e4a65a87c0.gif

On 1/6/2022 at 5:46 AM, asteriddle said:

i love adding 500 filters to picsSnapshot_028.png

That's what I've been doing with a lot of my photos lately*. I usually reach for the shadows/highlights setting in Gimp first before filtering my shots :D

*not necessarily 500 filters but I'll try on at least a dozen before settling LOL. my faves usually are the cartoon, saturation, oily or film noise/scratch stuff. and of course b&w when all else fails.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Hmm they make me think "why is she posting those pictures here in a thread about how your avatar looks today

You are that person who counts the items in someone elses cart in the express lane and starts screaming at them when they have one to many, arn't you?

Oh yes and a picture of my avatar to stay on topic.

fixed.thumb.jpg.535e47d663577765dbab629983921eeb.jpg

Edited by Ayeleeon
  • Like 14

9 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Hmm they make me think "why is she posting those pictures here in a thread about how your avatar looks today when its just another artsy shot that should be in the section specifically for art and stuff like that?" 

1714731973_tenor(4).gif.36d0a190e2e9f979182a51e4a65a87c0.gif

Hmmm. Jealous?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

You are that person who counts the items in someone elses cart in the express lane and starts screaming at them when they have one to many, arn't you?

Oh yes and a picture of my avatar to stay on topic.

Way to sneak in full frontal nudity.  🤔🙄

• Haha 3