Where do you live?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am at an undisclosed location in the north central part of the US of A, at a reasonably safe distance from Maddy and Snugs.  The witless protection program advises me not to be more specific.  And I don't eat bacon, even with an upside-down fork.

• Like 7

On 03/05/2017 at 1:59 PM, Alwin Alcott said:

i agree in that, he makes it again where it was meant for: entertainment .. no serious faces and black suits..

I think that I can now post again on this little sidetrack without highjacking the thread :)

Absolutely true. He (André Rieu) mentioned once that Johann Strauss wrote his music for dancehalls, and I remember seeing a TV drama programme a looong time ago that had him playing waltzes in a dancehall. What I really enjoy in the concerts is the involvement of the audiences, which are huge. He has them laughing, crying, dancing and shouting, and I get inwardly involved in all that. The cameras look out for people with tears and, when they show them, it gets to me too - not the music itself, but the fact that the piece means something special to the person with the tears. That affects me. It's all thoroughly enjoyable.

The next André Rieu concert on TV in the UK is tonight at 9 pm on Sky Arts (ch. 122 on Virgin). It's only an hour long which is disappointing but I'll take it.

• Like 2

Wow, it feels weird being the first Canadian to post in here ;)

i would have thought many would have already posted.

anyway, Newbie from city of Calgary, Province of  Alberta, Canada.   Greetings from the north to everyone.  :)  .  really glad to see the SL folks spread out all over the world.  it would be great to visit places other SL folks are living in some day.

if anyone is ever visiting Calgary, just message in game and i can let you know what there is to see and do.  Always happy to help visitors.

• Like 5

I spent some time in Calgary not long ago.  Maybe a few years .... (Rhonda counts back on her fingers ...) nine years?!    OMG!

I didn't get to see much more then downtown tho.  I did drive out to BAMF one of the days I had free.  Nice town.  Great steaks at virtually any restaurant and I got acquainted with Sleeman's Honey Brown.

• Like 2

I"m glad you got out to calgary Rhonda :)

downtown is not so much fun but Banff and Lake Louise are amazing.  if you ever come out again, message me and i can tell you fun places to go.  the rockies are very beautiful.  :)  glad you got to come out here.

and yes, the best steaks in the world *ahem* (i may be a bit biased there).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

A nifty little video about the city I was born and raised in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mknP9XvHhuM (It's hysterical)!

Well Aislin, those videos have done nothing to help Michigan distinguish itself from Wisconsin. I'll visit someday nonetheless. They are very funny.

But, there is hope for your home state...

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Well Aislin, those videos have done nothing to help Michigan distinguish itself from Wisconsin. I'll visit someday nonetheless. They are very funny.

Fantastic!

20 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That is BRILLIANT!! Grand Rapids is SUCH a nice town! BUT, I submit to you this evidence for why I love my hometown of Royal Oak (It says Detroit, but it's Royal Oak) Douchebaggery? YES, but also a really fun city! (This is an old one, but the best video of the annual fun) ETA LMAO, I just noticed after watching it all the way through that my son makes a very brief appearance near the end...hahaha! 

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin

1 hour ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

That is BRILLIANT!! Grand Rapids is SUCH a nice town! BUT, I submit to you this evidence for why I love my hometown of Royal Oak (It says Detroit, but it's Royal Oak) Douchebaggery? YES, but also a really fun city! (This is an old one, but the best video of the annual fun) ETA LMAO, I just noticed after watching it all the way through that my son makes a very brief appearance near the end...hahaha! 

I love it Aislin! I think I saw your son.

From an adopted mom to a real one, here are suggestions for motherly advice to give him tomorrow:

1. Eat more brains, you're too skinny.
  2. Don't eat so much, how do you expect to catch a nice girl if you can't outrun her?
  3. Comb your hair, even zombies have some class.
  4. Mess up your hair, zombies are stiff, not stuffy.
  5. Your fly was open, be more careful.
  6. Next time, wear pants.
  7. You're a mom, you get the idea.

Oh, and in case I forget...

Happy Mother's Day!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

He looks like his father!

LMAOOOO! If you only knew just how untrue that is! He is a carbon copy of me (with a few differences, haha) I think it pi$*es my ex off because he's so much like me, and NOTHING like him! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.