Where do you live?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

look at my flag... Dutch of course :)

In 1993, my ex-hubby and I stayed a night at Hotel Coen in Delft. The desk clerk there, a young woman going to university, was the warmest and funniest person we met during our entire month in Europe and certainly the best impromptu ambassador your nation could ask for. Most of the pre-trip advice we were given about Europe turned out to be wrong, with the exception of "The Netherlands are the Midwest of Europe". Having lived nowhere but the US Midwest, I'm not sure just what that means, but I did feel very much at home there. We arrived in Amsterdam on the Queen's birthday and walked through what seemed to be an unbroken cloud of pot smoke from the train station all the way to our hotel on the other side of town. Everybody was warm and welcoming.

You must be the only grumpy Dutchman on Earth, Alwin.

;-).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tanja Jarvinen said:

4 km Northwest outside of Copenhagen.

We do eat Pizza with fork and knife as well. It's called, having table manners here, but never with pineapples !

We have table manners as well, snooty much? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I live on the side of a mountain in Oregon, USA and my SL partner is Dutch (a more than 5000 mile distance closed over an internet connection)

Im in Australia and my partner is near London, and 10272 miles away (direct line). I wish we had teleport in RL. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, CheriColette said:

Im in Australia and my partner is near London, and 10272 miles away (direct line). I wish we had teleport in RL. 

I do only slightly better than that, I'm near Nashville and my Partner is from southern Canada. We have an ACTIVE virtual life however :-)

• Like 4

I live inside the Perimeter in the Atlanta, GA area. I was born and raised in Tampa FL.

In regards to Florida being upside down...it's because the state was settled....oddly. Northern panhandle was settled by people coming down from Georgia and Alabama. The southern tip was settled by Latins coming up from the Caribbean St Augustine was settled by the Spanish and is the oldest continuously occupied European-established city in the continental US. The center part of the state was actually settled by people from New York. Tampa was the end of the line of the railroad built by Henry B. Plant. So a lot of settlers came in by way of the railroad from the north. Then the others met in the middle. Gotta love Florida history from classes taught in school.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.