Jump to content

Where do you live?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Medhue Simoni said:

No way! I grew up in Warren, Michigan, about 3 miles from you. Now I'm a little further north like you, but I'm around Utica. To those not from around here, Warren is the suburb directly north of Detroit, with 8 mile (like the movie) separating them. Yep, Eminem grew up right around the block from me, but I'm quite a few years older. Kid Rock was more around my time.

Interesting note about 8 mile today. I just had to drive down it the other day. There are around 50 Pot stores lining 8 mile, because none of the suburbs will allow a pot store in their city. It's crazy seeing all those "clinics" lining the road.

HEY NEIGHBOR!!!! Getting ready to drive through Utica in an hour or two!!! (Heading to Gibralter to get my ring fixed), As for 8 mile, you must be referring to The House of Dank, King Seaweed, etc, lmao! There used to be one in Pontiac, Sky High, but Oakland County was having none of that. They continually raided them until they finally forced them to close. I don't personally "partake" because it just doesn't agree with me, but know a lot of people with their med cards. Oakland County has made it their mission to make sure the evil plant (haha) doesn't get sold legally in their county!! lol! Anyway, I'll be sure to wave as we drive through Utica!!! ETA: I lived in Warren right across the street from where they filmed part of 8 mile, it was such a pain in the butt! 

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...holds it for a minute, examining it in detail before rolling down her window and flicking it onto the windshield of the car behind us.

(I swear I posted this days ago, but I must not have pressed "Submit Reply" hard enough.)

Looks at you seriously for a moment before busting out laughing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I just now noticed the difference between the avatar badge thingies Of Maddie and Snugs. It's obviously a complex relationship.

 

19 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You don't know the half of it.

Nor the better half of it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

Isn't it refreshing that in this whole thread, not a single person felt entitled to inform anyone else that where they live is cr*p? :D

That is because we all are here trying to escape the place we live in by coming to SL.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11-7-2017 at 2:19 PM, Pamela Galli said:

Isn't it refreshing that in this whole thread, not a single person felt entitled to inform anyone else that where they live is cr*p? :D

the one and only reason i'd take to move.. and not even to a different country  is when i would be able to go live as hermit ( yes this is serious 9_9  )

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been working down my bucket list of places that I have always wanted to visit.  Every time I visit one of them, I come back thinking how great it might have been to move there when I was younger.  And then I look around here and realize that I am already living in the best place.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I have been working down my bucket list of places that I have always wanted to visit.  Every time I visit one of them, I come back thinking how great it might have been to move there when I was younger.  And then I look around here and realize that I am already living in the best place.

I know some people are not so fortunate to live somewhere they love. But I think a lot of us are. And not just because of the scenery, or the politics, or cultural opportunities etc., but the people. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I know some people are not so fortunate to live somewhere they love. But I think a lot of us are. And not just because of the scenery, or the politics, or cultural opportunities etc., but the people. 

Yes, and that does present me with an uncomfortable dilemma, Pam.  I truly do love where I am now, both for its physical beauty and for its culture and people.  I feel more at peace here and more in sync with my neighbors than I have been in any of the other communities I have lived in around the US.  Still, I worry increasingly about living in a bubble.  I find myself saying inside my head that, "I'm glad I don't live where I have to deal with heat/earthquakes/drought/poverty/crime/people of the "other political persuasion ...."., and yet some of those very factors are things I found compelling or at least more tolerable when I was 40 years younger (well, not crime ... ).  I can no longer imagine moving to some parts of my own country where I once looked eagerly for job opportunities. At one time, I thought seriously of emigrating to (or at least living for a few years in) Scandinavia or the UK, but I am content simply to visit those places now.  I do love where I am, but I think maybe I am getting stodgy.  Maybe in my next life ....

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes, and that does present me with an uncomfortable dilemma, Pam.  I truly do love where I am now, both for its physical beauty and for its culture and people.  I feel more at peace here and more in sync with my neighbors than I have been in any of the other communities I have lived in around the US.  Still, I worry increasingly about living in a bubble.  I find myself saying inside my head that, "I'm glad I don't live where I have to deal with heat/earthquakes/drought/poverty/crime/people of the "other political persuasion ...."., and yet some of those very factors are things I found compelling or at least more tolerable when I was 40 years younger (well, not crime ... ).  I can no longer imagine moving to some parts of my own country where I once looked eagerly for job opportunities. At one time, I thought seriously of emigrating to (or at least living for a few years in) Scandinavia or the UK, but I am content simply to visit those places now.  I do love where I am, but I think maybe I am getting stodgy.  Maybe in my next life ....

 

Some days I stay inside because it feels too peopley outside.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Aislin Ceawlin  LOL.  That cartoon reminds me of two that my mother had on her refrigerator for years.  One had the caption "I love humanity.  It's people I can't stand" and the other simply said, "Other people are no damn good."  If it hadn't been for her many good deeds to family and community, Mom could have been a good misanthrope.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...