Where do you live?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

look at my flag... Dutch of course :)

I know that this is a bit of a sidetrack but I feel the need to say it. I have recently become a huge fan of one of your countrymen - André Rieu. I'm not a fan of classical music although there are some pieces that I do like, and I used to say that the best classical music concert in the world was the last half of 'The Last Night Of The Proms' every year, but I've completely changed my mind. For me, the best classical music concerts in the world are the André Rieu concerts. You don't even need to be a classics buff to enjoy those. They are just so very entertaining. I watch every one that comes on TV. I highly recommend them.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Tanja Jarvinen said:

We do eat Pizza with fork and knife as well. It's called, having table manners here, but never with pineapples (on it -edit) !

Interesting.  Really.  We just think of pizza like a sandwich here. Chicken is either a finger food or knife and fork depending on cut and setting but even at up scale pizza paces forks are just for salads.

Do you use knife and fork for sandwiches and other sandwich like things?  Burgers, pigs in a blanket, stuffed pita and things like that?

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

the best classical music concerts in the world are the André Rieu concerts. You don't even need to be a classics buff to enjoy those. They are just so very entertaining.

i agree in that, he makes it again where it was meant for: entertainment .. no serious faces and black suits..

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Interesting.  Really.  We just think of pizza like a sandwich here. Chicken is either a finger food or knife and fork depending on cut and setting but even at up scale pizza paces forks are just for salads.

Do you use knife and fork for sandwiches and other sandwich like things?  Burgers, pigs in a blanket, stuffed pita and things like that?

Someone once complained that my egg and bacon breakfasts in SL do not include knives. Turns out in some places they cut their bacon with a knife and eat it with a fork. The complainer was disgusted to learn I eat my bacon with, horrors, fingers.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Turns out in some places they cut their bacon with a knife and eat it with a fork

I find the differences in customs fascinating.  Even the little things, like the way British people hold their forks face side down. Relatively speaking.  To them I am the one holding my fork wrong way 'round.

I met a guy long ago that even ate crackers on a fork but it was not a cultural norm.  He just had a few quirks.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i agree in that, he makes it again where it was meant for: entertainment .. no serious faces and black suits..

Even further off topic but there is one important thing you need to know about musicians if you want to understand music: the sharper they dress, the harder they party. Those black suits are really only excuses for more beer and as for the serious faces... well, what do you expect for somebody with a chronic hangover?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I find the differences in customs fascinating.  Even the little things, like the way British people hold their forks face side down. Relatively speaking.  To them I am the one holding my fork wrong way 'round.

Thats because it's a fork... not a shovel ;)

On 5/2/2017 at 7:48 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

On 5/2/2017 at 7:46 PM, Tanja Jarvinen said:

4 km Northwest outside of Copenhagen.

We do eat Pizza with fork and knife as well. It's called, having table manners here, but never with pineapples !

Tries to imagine eating pizza using a pineapple. I can see why you never do it.

I think you have to also have ham, so that way you can hold down the pizza with the pineapple and cut it with the ham.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Right.  It is meant for stabbing, not scooping.  Not that a piece of meat dangling from the end cares which way the fork is being held, I guess.

If that were so, the fork would not be angled like a small shovel and have four flat tines. It would just look like the kind of fork you use when grilling, with two sharp tines and no angle. 

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 4

Yankees suck. Tamatahs do NOT belong in clam chowdah. You can't get a decent lobstah roll south of heah. They are called jimmies, not sprinkles ya mooks. Yes, Tom Brady is our god and if anyone mentions his deflated balls I will stab them. Oh yeah... If you are drivin through my fair state, LEARN TO FRICKIN DRIVE FIRST!!!! Now where's my Dunkins? It's too early for this. 

Ya know.. Dennis Leary wrote a song all about the citizens of my state.. 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.