Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

My desktop finally died, coughing and wheezing.  Ever since the cat knocked it off the desk it has had problems with overheating being on of them.  CPU and GPU fans would kick into high speed even if I was just reading email.  Reboots would fail to POST the first time; since the power stitch was broke I had to unplug it to turn it off and hot wire it to turn it on.

My husband finally had all of my cursing he could handle not to mention the constant jet roar of the computer in the office.  When it froze from over heating Saturday about the 3rd time and would not reboot, he told me I could have a new one.

He was due for the next upgrade with my bonus in March (and I still want to do that) but I got another new Alienware.  Now comes the long slow process of moving everything over.  Which bring me to ...

I hate Home Groups!!
I am about ready to buy Win Server and build our own domain over this.

Anyway.

Hi, yall!

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

That really sounds familiar. I had a bunch of pics, too—I know for sure I had one of us on the Small World ride—but somehow I can't find them anymore.  Deletion disease, probably.

Yep, that was Mouse World.  I have a folder of pics on my hard drive that I never got edited and uploaded to Flickr - and a few dozen are from that Small World ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

And, as a woman who hates shopping, this doesn't help.

A good bit of my wardrobe is actually unisex/male. I haven't been out shopping in ages, but I didn't like that most of what was available for women was hypersexualized. I just wanted a smart skirt and blouse, or a blazer and slacks.

:-D. For Christmas of (I think) 2009, a forum member decided to start a Secret Santa program. If you joined she'd randomly match your name with someone for whom you would be Santa and assign a different person to be your Santa. There was a limit on how much we could spend (even for creators: they had to contribute stuff that was under the limit in their shops). On joining up we were supposed to say what sort of things we liked or were interested in, as a hint to our Santas.

I was assigned to be Santa for the person on the forum who had interested me the most right from the time I first started lurking, and who continued to interest me the most once I started actually posting. Back in those days the three or four most recent posts to the Forum showed on your dashboard when you first logged in, so people would see a post that interested them and go look at the Forum (and maybe stick around). CAN YOU HEAR ME, LINDEN LAB? *cough*. Anyway, I got the one person I'd have picked if I'd had the chance. You Know Who up there. Her "suggestion comment" was "I like purple!".

Armed with that and having seen a few pics of her in the forum I went shopping. Got slacks and a sweater (might have been an outfit). There was a matching fedora in there too 'cause I'd seen she was partial to 'em. Prepare your eyes for a prim/sculpty blast from the past. She wasn't wearing the hat that night. That's me in the blue jeans, btw.

ps: This pic even has a title: Lavender Blue.

lavender blue.PNG

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dillon Levenque said:

:-D. For Christmas of (I think) 2009, a forum member decided to start a Secret Santa program. If you joined she'd randomly match your name with someone for whom you would be Santa and assign a different person to be your Santa. There was a limit on how much we could spend (even for creators: they had to contribute stuff that was under the limit in their shops). On joining up we were supposed to say what sort of things we liked or were interested in, as a hint to our Santas.

I was assigned to be Santa for the person on the forum who had interested me the most right from the time I first started lurking, and who continued to interest me the most once I started actually posting. Back in those days the three or four most recent posts to the Forum showed on your dashboard when you first logged in, so people would see a post that interested them and go look at the Forum (and maybe stick around). CAN YOU HEAR ME, LINDEN LAB? *cough*. Anyway, I got the one person I'd have picked if I'd had the chance. You Know Who up there. Her "suggestion comment" was "I like purple!".

Armed with that and having seen a few pics of her in the forum I went shopping. Got slacks and a sweater (might have been an outfit). There was a matching fedora in there too 'cause I'd seen she was partial to 'em. Prepare your eyes for a prim/sculpty blast from the past. She wasn't wearing the hat that night. That's me in the blue jeans, btw.

lavender blue.PNG

And that outfit is still a favorite, and a reason I needn't go shopping. I have what I want and I want what I have.

Watch your bum!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

My desktop finally died, coughing and wheezing.  Ever since the cat knocked it off the desk it has had problems with overheating being on of them.  CPU and GPU fans would kick into high speed even if I was just reading email.  Reboots would fail to POST the first time; since the power stitch was broke I had to unplug it to turn it off and hot wire it to turn it on.

My husband finally had all of my cursing he could handle not to mention the constant jet roar of the computer in the office.  When it froze from over heating Saturday about the 3rd time and would not reboot, he told me I could have a new one.

He was due for the next upgrade with my bonus in March (and I still want to do that) but I got another new Alienware.  Now comes the long slow process of moving everything over.  Which bring me to ...

I hate Home Groups!!
I am about ready to buy Win Server and build our own domain over this.

Anyway.

Hi, yall!

Smokin’ Hot PC....

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dossiere said:

Dilly Dilly!

(My mother used to sing that song.)

Funny you should point that out. There are only a couple of people who call me "Dilly", but it does happen. At the time I titled the flickr post that included that pic, all I knew consciously was that the phrase meant something. Maddy posted a comment; here is my response:

The subconscious is a funny thing. That title just jumped out while I was looking at the colors. I knew I'd heard the phrase and I knew it was a song, but that recollection came after I'd written it down. Much, much later I started remembering about the song and this morning I thought, "Wasn't there like a 'dilly dilly' line in there somewhere?". I wonder how much that had to do with the choice. I think we had a Burl Ives album with that on it, by the way, but I like the one you attached too. :-)

Don't know whether she still does (my bad; not inworld) but Naz used to do a Garage Band set now and then. Among a whole bunch of great stuff there was this one. I'm only playing it for fun and because Maddy might get a grin out of it.....it's been stored in the arsenal for a rather long time.

You can actually find the entire actual recording (this one's mercifully cut short) on YouTube if you're a masochist. I've always liked this video version, though. Doesn't the piano player look like she could possibly be transgender? Of all the people there I like the thumbs-up girl in the white dress the best; she is just flat out having a good time. Also, the bass player's chin thrusts are world class.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

I dared my bf to play MtG with me in the home we land in... way before we became a couple ^^

I have no idea what MtG is, never the less my ignorance does not detract from the awesomeness of my imagination combined with this statement   0.0suprised-man-with-binoculars_1149-1721.j

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nero Boa said:

I have no idea what MtG is, never the less my ignorance does not detract from the awesomeness of my imagination combined with this statement   0.0

I spent a half hour imagining ALL SORTS OF THINGS until my curiosity got the better of me and I looked it up.

It's like my brother used to say, "I had a lot of fun with that song until I learned the words."

Edited by dossiere
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1